💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lady Gaga

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

kaelergrey

I always hear the debate about how gaga doesnt sound like gaga anymore. My question is, for you what does gaga should sound like? What even is this gaga sound that youre looking for? Cause from what I hear everything that she did from the start all sound different from each other. Each album is different. Each album is beautiful in their own way. :heart:

Thoughts? :oops:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

francescobrunetti

Everything she made is very Gaga to me, except for Joanne (which I still like though). 

kaelergrey
Just now, francescobrunetti said:

Everything she made is very Gaga to me, except for Joanne (which I still like though). 

I like joanne. My favorites are john wayne, million reasons, angel down, diamond heart, sinners prayer. :heart:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

TSUNAMI

What I want from Gaga?

If I could make a perfect Gaga album with the song she released so far it would look like this: 

1. Electric Chapel 

2. Swine 

3. Perfect Illusion 

4. MANiCURE 

5. Enigma 

6. Sine From Above 

7. Bad Romance 

8. Scheiße 

9. Aura 

10. Dance In The Dark 

11. DWUW

12. Gypsy 

13. Paparazzi

14. Venus

GagaOhhLaLa

Honestly, Replay and Enigma are the most Gaga sounding songs personally. Enigma representing recent Gaga.

Dramatica

We all know that many of those who say I miss OldGa are basically waiting for a Bad Romance 2.0 and a Poker Face 2.0 :ally:

Which is funny cause I remember when BR came out some people weren't immediately drawn to the song and said the verses were meh, but the chorus was good :huntyga:

So to sum it up, basic Gaga fans (BGF one might say) are looking for something that will never exist :ohwell:

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

cjdamien

I actually had some moments on Chromatica where I thought she sounded like she did on The Fame. She does sound a little different in each era but I think this just shows how great her voice is and how she can modify it to match what she’s singing about. I can always recognize her voice tho. 

Glamourpuss

I think they mean songs like Paparazzi and Pokerface. 

Fun Tonight and Free Woman give me Edge of Glory and Marry the Night vibes. To me this is the Gaga sound because they make me think of her dancing on the streets of New York. Something about those songs makes me feel like they belong together. 

Magui

What she should sound like? The way she wants to sound like.

I love to appreciate the different sides of her. Sure I may have my favorites and probably  my favorites  aren't what others found good, etc. At the end of the day she is the artist and I'm the public, so I'm just here to appreciate her work, regardless of how she want's to present it or how she wants it to sound.

xoxo Craig

Firstly, what is a Gaga sound? 

The whole enigma of the question boggles me because people think they know what Gaga sounds like. There is no specific Gaga sound. You can't put Gaga in a box and say "oh this sounds like a Gaga song" or the opposite.

I think the only way a song can sound "Gaga" is this. Throughout her whole career, Gaga is an amazing pro at putting earworms into songs. The slight repetition of syllables/words or phrases in songs have been a staple in her career.  That, to me, is what makes a song a Gaga song. She is also excellent at taking a deep subject and injecting it into pop songs. They aren't just shallow songs, they are lyrically more substantial than other pop songs. 

There hasn't been one song Gaga has done which isn't a Gaga song. Even in ASIB, Shallow sounds like a Gaga song. 

You can see Gaga's influence in modern day pop music. Dua Lipa's Hallucinate has a repetition scheme similar to those of Gaga songs. Not saying she copied, but taking influence. But still... there is no specific "Gaga" sound.

End Racism Now

RudraCNG

That's the good thing about her. You can't classify her into a specific category bc of how versatile she is.

I love her 80's sounding music. Thats why Stupid Love had me HYPED.

this is what Gaga should sound like to me. :ohwell: 

ericundefined

For me, Gaga "should" sound like whatever she wants to sound like. I love her for her artistic impulses, vision, and passion, not some pre-determined ideal of who I expect her to be as an artist. Holding herself within a box of prior sounds would only limit her creative journey. I think we're going to hear so many different sounds from her in the future and I trust her 100%. 

Twitter

I don’t want a 2.0 of any of her old hits. But I do miss Gaga elements about her older music, which she let go since BTW.

Archived