💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How did Gaga want to heal her father with Joanne

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter
7 minutes ago, mauvais said:

She could've just said "I grew up listening to Bruce Springsteen with my dad" and it would've all clicked with the GP I swear to god :bradley:

I can imagine her saying that EVERYWHEREE:billie:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RudraCNG

I mean, for those who think she used her aunt just to make an album: Gaga has always felt a connection with her father's sister. She mentioned her in her earlier years:

8:28

Yeah, maybe it was wrong to share that song with the whole world, but we don't know how Gaga felt at that time. I'm sure she always wanted to "pay homage" to her aunt.

Shadow

The pain of loss is a hole in your heart.  Some can heal with time. But it won't bring your loved ones back.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Ally Campana

Some of y’all are misinformed af and disgusting. Of course if she wanted to make a personal album, she could do it very differently. She picked Joanne to honour her family. Her dad was with her when she did the radio interviews, the dive bars, all the shows, etc. Pretty sure he’s proud of what she did and approved, despite him not being healed over the loss of Joanne. The grandma thing is just how old people talk. She didn’t want Gaga to get caught up with this emotions of sadness that comes with Joanne. She didn’t mean anything bad by it. But of course, it’s the gays who want to thrash Joanne that will talk stupid sh*t like this to discredit the album as a whole. Get a life, get a job. You’re embarrassing. Joanne won a Grammy, BTW and ARTPOP couldn’t. :fthis::bye:

Does it matter? Damage is done

Katsuki Bakugo
1 hour ago, Blastertoyo said:

The song maybe 

the album? 

Dancin’ In Circles? 

Surely not 

:awkney:

Literally singing about finger banging herself... how is that healing for her dad? Unless....

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, Benji said:

She had good intentions but she was a little off base with the entire era and especially the song.  The scene in five foot two where she plays the song to her grandmother and her father, she was warned to not be getting caught up in it.

We don’t know how traumatised her father  or grandmother are and I think trying to express someone else’s feelings in a song for them when you don’t actually know the person they’re mourning is near impossible.  You can understand what it means to lose someone but you can’t understand what it feels like to lose a particular someone for another being.

Her intentions were good but it sounds like she realised she couldn’t do what she wanted to do with the song / album.

I mean, she also did it for herself. She basically said she is Joanne so she’s expressing her feelings too and at the same time she hoped it would make her father feel better but i don’t think she did all that for him only

Joshie S
13 minutes ago, Ally Campana said:

Some of y’all are misinformed af and disgusting. Of course if she wanted to make a personal album, she could do it very differently. She picked Joanne to honour her family. Her dad was with her when she did the radio interviews, the dive bars, all the shows, etc. Pretty sure he’s proud of what she did and approved, despite him not being healed over the loss of Joanne. The grandma thing is just how old people talk. She didn’t want Gaga to get caught up with this emotions of sadness that comes with Joanne. She didn’t mean anything bad by it. But of course, it’s the gays who want to thrash Joanne that will talk stupid sh*t like this to discredit the album as a whole. Get a life, get a job. You’re embarrassing. Joanne won a Grammy, BTW and ARTPOP couldn’t. :fthis::bye:

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/end the THREAD NOW:trollga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

derpmonster

I think part of the story is possibly that she also wanted to help her dad become more liberal/progressive and see why Trump is wrong. I can see how she's gently nudging people to be on the right side in songs like Come To Mama.

Of course the main focus was about Joanne but she probably talked the most she's ever talked about her family in the album.

I think the grandma scene from FF2 is a bit misunderstood. The grandma comes from a different culture - she's actually Italian. She's lived with the loss for so long. Some people cope by bottling it up which is the direction the grandma seemed to be going imo. I don't think she was uncomfortable that it was being shared; she just didn't want to confront it again herself.

Also - Gaga didn't do it solely for her family. She has felt the impact of Joanne on her. There's a reason she talked about Joanne early on in the Monster Ball and put her poem in the booklet for The Fame. It wasn't a random album concept.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
2 hours ago, SchwineLove said:

well if I were Joe I will be slightly pissed that she makes an entire album and a song with her dead sister's name. I mean, sorry Gaga, but I don't even think that's a really smooth and appropriate approach to recover her family's trauma.

Her dad named his restaurant after Joanne and restaurants are much more commercial than albums which can tell stories :awkney:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Married the Night

Her music heals her. It’s a process. And she assumed Joanne would do the same for her father. Music can heal people. 

Robo Ga
2 hours ago, MEM said:

I feel like we’ve all tried to fix our parents’ problems at some point, but really they have to work it out themselves.

I felt this in my whole chest. 

🤖⚡️

Magui
43 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Also - Gaga didn't do it solely for her family. She has felt the impact of Joanne on her. There's a reason she talked about Joanne early on in the Monster Ball and put her poem in the booklet for The Fame. It wasn't a random album concept.

I agree you. I think that we all knew about aunt Joanne since so many years ago cause like you said Gaga herself was impacted by her. So, sure she wanted to help/fix her dad, her family and ultimately herself. And share and honors someone that deeply impacted her too. Definitely not trying to find a random theme for an album. 

Robo Ga
1 hour ago, Ally Campana said:

The grandma thing is just how old people talk.

Multiple reviewers who aren’t “the gays that want to thrash Joanne” called the Grandma scene uncomfortable and awkward. But go off I guess 

🤖⚡️

SchwineLove
3 hours ago, modern ecstasy said:

You would be pissed at your own daughter for honoring her aunt? That seems very cruel. :wtf:

yeah, maybe subconsciously. but as someone reminded he named Joanne Trattoria, so it wasn't like as I perceived.

SchwineLove
1 hour ago, derpmonster said:

Her dad named his restaurant after Joanne and restaurants are much more commercial than albums which can tell stories :awkney:

fair enough

Archived