Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Pitchfork: ROM 2nd Best Music Video of May

RabbitHeart

Featured Posts

RabbitHeart

(unsure if right place for this topic)

Pitchfork (the kinda pretentious music website that gave Chromatica a surprisingly good review) released their list of "The 9 Best Music Videos of May" and ROM is ranked #2. Here's the blurb they wrote:

"Look, if Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande want to release an insane video filled with neon latex costumes, CGI wigs, and a bunch of gays in space, then it’s getting real estate on this list. Gaga’s latest single from her new album, Chromatica, is a fizzy house-pop earworm primed for the dancefloor, and its video picks up where the Power Rangers-style storyline in “Stupid Love” left off. This time, Gaga takes us to a futuristic city on a planet doused in colorful rain, where disputes between factions are settled with elaborate dance battles. In lesser hands, the camp Jetsons outfits and rainbow-bright cityscapes could have come across as trite, but in Gaga and Ariana’s, they’re an example of music video excess at its most fabulously deranged, building up to a giddy hug between the two pop stars. What more could you possibly want?"

MTV VMA Video of the Year here we come! :vegas:

Article: https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/the-9-best-music-videos-of-may-2020/

sleepyhead

i understand why its 2nd lol

the 1st one is pretty cute tbh haha

It's definitely her best music video since Applause! I'm glad it's universally liked :)

GaGaAst

it should be for 2020

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Klou

They gave it the silver medal for the month when we all know it’s the silver medal of the century (Bad Romance gets the gold prize).

Spyro
3 minutes ago, pachinko said:

Who beat them?!

"Moscow pop experimentalist Kate NV is a collector of unusual inspirations, from ’80s Japanese pop music to ’70s Russian children’s shows. Together they form a tuneful, unconventional vision of pop music, with dreamy lyrics in French, Russian, and English. The video for “Plans,” the upbeat latest single from Kate NV’s forthcoming third album Room for the Moon, is her best yet. In a screwy take on public-access television, she creates “Kate TV,” a station where she’s the lead news anchor (in a suit and severe makeup that channels both Laurie Anderson and Christine and the Queens). The clip takes full, cheeky advantage of its green-screen conceit, with a miniature version of Kate dancing on her own gloved hand, a dance sequence in front of a weather map that catches fire, and a cast of confused reporters who reappear in increasingly ridiculous outfits. The joyously absurdist clip leads up to an ecstatic, confetti-showered climax that perfectly channels Kate NV’s winsome charm."

Spyro the Dragon

Lion Heart

Take the win lads.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

HausOfAntonio

I was ready for this to say "Of 2020" and that I saw it and was like ONLY IN MAY? The audacity-

ARTPOP
2 hours ago, Spyro said:

"Moscow pop experimentalist Kate NV is a collector of unusual inspirations, from ’80s Japanese pop music to ’70s Russian children’s shows. Together they form a tuneful, unconventional vision of pop music, with dreamy lyrics in French, Russian, and English. The video for “Plans,” the upbeat latest single from Kate NV’s forthcoming third album Room for the Moon, is her best yet. In a screwy take on public-access television, she creates “Kate TV,” a station where she’s the lead news anchor (in a suit and severe makeup that channels both Laurie Anderson and Christine and the Queens). The clip takes full, cheeky advantage of its green-screen conceit, with a miniature version of Kate dancing on her own gloved hand, a dance sequence in front of a weather map that catches fire, and a cast of confused reporters who reappear in increasingly ridiculous outfits. The joyously absurdist clip leads up to an ecstatic, confetti-showered climax that perfectly channels Kate NV’s winsome charm."

For real? 🤦🏽‍♂️

COME ON GAYS!!

Awakened M

It seems that these old ducks can't support the latest system update(s).

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

Archived