💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's versatile vocal delivery on Chromatica

freebit

Featured Posts

freebit

Does anyone else appreciate how easily she switches up her vocal delivery on Chromatica? She goes full early 90s Cece Peniston with Enigma, and disaffected robot on 911, and full Aqua on Plastic Doll. I think I'm weirdly most impressed she's willing to go cutesy on Plastic Doll, it's a side I'd hadn't heard from her before, and she pulls it off so well, it really brings more emotion to the song, as well as world building (I picture a sad, lonely Barbie doll trapped in a pink box and stuck on a shelf). She's also able to switch back time and bring The Fame vocals back on Love Me Right. There's so many singers that never change up their vocals and have the same delivery on every song, and it's cool that she's got the versitlity and imagination to change her voice to suit whatever song she's singing.

Am I right in thinking this is the most versatile she's ever been on an album?

Chromatica Island

That's why it's a religious experience of an album!

Any/All Pronouns, Genderfluid🏳‍⚧

LUCARTPOP

She sounds very chaotic on Replay, which was intentional, compared to softer, more positive songs like Fun Tonight, Free Woman. It reminded me of Swine & Dope, because that was also a moment where her vocals took a turn.

EDIT: Fun Tonight is not positive, but the production is definitely less chaotic & more brighter than Replay

AndiGaga
16 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Fun Tonight reminds me of 2010-2012Ga

It reminds me of Red and Blue Stefani :kara:

Lucas

Yes I do appreciate it! She slayed every aspect of what makes a good album imo with Chromatica.
And can we also appreciate how she has been using her (what I believe is called) head voice more lately? While in the first years of her career I believe she never used it, showing us that she keeps working on her voice and trying new things with it :flutter:

Quartz

Don't forget the sex dripping from her voice in Sour Candy. She never sounded so delicious before.

Also, she uses her 'gay' voice in Babylon. It's really amazing.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Togekiss

The chorus on Love Me Right knocked me out of my boots! I don’t think I’ve heard her use her head voice like that, it was so stunning.

bring on that pecan pie

freebit
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yes I do appreciate it! She slayed every aspect of what makes a good album imo with Chromatica.
And can we also appreciate how she has been using her (what I believe is called) head voice more lately? While in the first years of her career I believe she never used it, showing us that she keeps working on her voice and trying new things with it :flutter:

Yeah, I LOVE her head voice and she rarely used it for a while, and I don't know why. It's so heavenly (The Sound of Music tribute was pretty much nothing but her head voice). I feel like she got back into using it after ASIB since that seemed to be the style she chose for Ally Maine. 

numb the flame

Chromatica I think is her most dynamic album vocally. I'm pretty sure I read that it features the lowest and the highest notes she's ever done.

HausOfAntonio

Also can we not ignore her vocal delivery on 1000 Doves? :flutter:

I agree. I was very impressed and amazed upon first listen. Her vocal has improved so much.

Robo Ga
1 hour ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Fun Tonight reminds me of 2010-2012Ga

OMG YES. The bridge is very Hair / You and I vibes and I love it.

For the OP: I agree and it amazes me with every listen. The diversity yet the CONSISTENCY. She is able to adopt vocal deliveries that match the backing tracks perfectly. And not only just the incredibly clear tones and skillfully placed runs, but also the way she uses her speaking voice in Rain On Me, Sour Candy, Babylon is like heaven to my ears.

The ultimate vocal track on the album for me is a toss up between Enigma and 1000 Doves. But my favourite songs in terms of how she uses vocal effects are 911 and Sine. 

She essentially used the best of Fame Ga, BTW Ga vocals and combined them with ASIB style power, while adding new vocal tones that haven't been heard from her yet, such as was mentioned in Plastic Doll which is one of the best songs on the album, and on Free Woman where I believe she truly nails the ICONIC Lady Gaga sound. Free Woman sounds like the future to me. 

ANYWAY DONE RANTING. If you read this all, thank you. Lmao

🤖⚡️

Hyperballad
51 minutes ago, Quartz said:

Don't forget the sex dripping from her voice in Sour Candy. She never sounded so delicious before.

Also, she uses her 'gay' voice in Babylon. It's really amazing.

I could’ve sworn there were a couple moments where I truly saw the light and became a born again straight male because of her voice :flutter: 

...then the Babylon chorus hits in and I’m back on my gay sh*t :firega:

Robo Ga
56 minutes ago, Stiles Stilinski said:

She sounds very chaotic on Replay, which was intentional, compared to softer, more positive songs like Fun Tonight, Free Woman.

Also adding to my rant - Replay has to be mentioned because the vocal delivery caught me off guard in the best way and you're right - CHAOTIC is the best way to describe it. She sounds like a complete psycho in the best way, and my first listen reminded me of how exciting it was to first hear Judas, Bad Romance, etc. Electronic but make it THEATRE. Ahhhhhhh I could go on for hours about Chromatica. Gonna go write a thesis on it or something. 

🤖⚡️

Archived