Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga Regain Chart Slayge In Canada Again?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy
7 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I mean it's not flopping per say but compared to everywhere else it is, + y'all called Applause a flop when it's in the better half of her singles :billie:

I think Applause just felt like a Flop cuz Gaga's first 3 albums was hit single after hit single (only Marry The Night Flopped) and our standards went really high and we had high expectations of a lead single

Add to the fact that Katy Perry released Roar on the same day which performed even better, and the comparison made it seem even worse

#4 with longevity is actually a pretty great hit, but we just had our expectations set so high, and the Katy Perry comparison made it seem to many fans like it under performed

If Stupid Love had performed like Applause now we'd be calling it a smash given our standards these days for our fav past her commercial peak are naturally lower :sweat:

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

That is random af :rip:

How many #1s and top 10s does she have there total?

Three #1s (Poker Face, Bad Romance, Perfect Illusion), twelve top 10 (Eh Eh, LoveGame, Paparazzi, Telephone, Alejandro, Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, Applause, DWUW, The Cure, Shallow).

Economy
5 minutes ago, freebit said:

I think PI charting so high is because back then they still used digital sales as the dominant factor in their charts (at least I think I remember reading that back in the chart thread). 

True. Different countries have different methologies

In both USA and Canada we factor in radio heavily for example in the chart Points formula. Many Countries don't even factor it in at all

If sales were heavier I'm sure MR could of charted high in Canada cuz it was #1 on iTunes for ages (even longer than in the US). But it's airplay and streams were absolutely tragic :triggered:

Economy
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Three #1s (Poker Face, Bad Romance, Perfect Illusion), twelve top 10 (Eh Eh, LoveGame, Paparazzi, Telephone, Alejandro, Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, Applause, DWUW, The Cure, Shallow).

Compared to North American charts that looks so out of place :rip:

Blastertoyo
19 minutes ago, Economy said:

I know that didn't u read the OP? :selena:

@Andreu I’m sure you did :huntyga:

please enlighten me to death

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Compared to North American charts that looks so out of place :rip:

Well, in the case of Eh Eh, it did get the full single treatment in select territories like France and New Zealand, where it peaked at #7 and #9 respectively.

Economy
Just now, elijahfan said:

Well, in the case of Eh Eh, it did get the full single treatment in select territories like France and New Zealand, where it peaked at #7 and #9 respectively.

I wonder what the thinking is in releasing different singles in different countries

I know Australia got Dance In The Dark instead of Alejandro and I heard Sour Candy was sent to radio there (not sure about Sour Candy tho)

Seems weird

Genuine Guy 09

France got all TF singles AND TFM singles 

France also got 3 ASIB singles 

If France Stan a gaga era, they tend to ride the momentum of whatever she's putting out. 

ROM went #1 in Canada and SL has a very good chance of charting on its year end. Stupid Love is actually becoming a solid hit in Canada. Top 40 in its 13th week. France is also being kinder to SL on their 100 singles chart. 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

elijahfan
8 minutes ago, Economy said:

I wonder what the thinking is in releasing different singles in different countries

I know Australia got Dance In The Dark instead of Alejandro and I heard Sour Candy was sent to radio there (not sure about Sour Candy tho)

Seems weird

For whatever reason, local divisions of record labels believe some songs would do good in their territory and decide to release them, I don't really know what's the reasoning behind it... At least we got a music video for Eh Eh, and I remember Gaga actually promoted it in France - now I doubt Gaga would waste time on something that isn't a worldwide single anymore.

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

France got all TF singles AND TFM singles 

France also got 3 ASIB singles 

If France Stan a gaga era, they tend to ride the momentum of whatever she's putting out. 

ROM went #1 in Canada and SL has a very good chance of charting on its year end. Stupid Love is actually becoming a solid hit in Canada. Top 40 in its 13th week. France is also being kinder to SL on their 100 singles chart. 

Stupid Love peaked at #36 in France tho...

Then again, the last song she promoted in France was The Edge of Glory, so.... :saladga: She hasn't shown us love in a while. Like, I don't think she ever acknowledged the fact this is the only place where Perfect Illusion went #1. A little Parisian promo tour is long overdue, if you ask me.

Economy
4 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

For whatever reason, local divisions of record labels believe some songs would do good in their territory and decide to release them, I don't really know what's the reasoning behind it... At least we got a music video for Eh Eh, and I remember Gaga actually promoted it in France - now I doubt Gaga would waste time on something that isn't a worldwide single anymore.

Oh true labels have branches in different Countries so that makes sense

I dunno if it's worth making it different when it doesn't have a music video tho like in the case with Dance In The Dark in Australia but then again I think it went #5 there or something so it performed simmilar to Alejandro in North America

I also heard in many Countries Paparazzi came out as a single before love game. I don't know if I would have become a hardcore Gaga fan if it happened that way in Canada tbh

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Oh true labels have branches in different Countries so that makes sense

I dunno if it's worth making it different when it doesn't have a music video tho like in the case with Dance In The Dark in Australia but then again I think it went #5 there or something so it performed simmilar to Alejandro in North America

I also heard in many Countries Paparazzi came out as a single before love game. I don't know if I would have become a hardcore Gaga fan if it happened that way in Canada tbh

Dance in the Dark went #24 in Australia, which isn't bad. And as far as I can see, the UK is the only place where LoveGame came out after Paparazzi.

Genuine Guy 09
10 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Stupid Love peaked at #36 in France tho...

Then again, the last song she promoted in France was The Edge of Glory, so.... :saladga: She hasn't shown us love in a while. Like, I don't think she ever acknowledged the fact this is the only place where Perfect Illusion went #1. A little Parisian promo tour is long overdue, if you ask me.

Perfect Illusion went #1 because of digital sales only 

It's chart run was #1 - #97 - OUT

Getting a top 40 peak and hanging around for 15 weeks top 100 is much better than big peak little longevity :vegas:

She has done bits of radio stuff in France but ASIB smashed with 0 promo other than the film but standard. I'm sure without rona she'd have gone France this era 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

elijahfan
1 minute ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

I'm sure without rona she'd have gone France this era 

I hope we'll never know...

staring gone with the wind GIF

Archived