Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Sour Candy doesn't sample Swish Swish nor Girls Like

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu

Okay, so these days I've been seeing something that has bothered me a lot. Many people has been saying that Sour Candy Bassline samples Girls Like by Zara Larsson and Tinie Tempah or Swish Swish by Katy Perry. Actually, what made me want to do this thread/proof is that I was watching a chromatica review on YT by a channel with over 50k subscriber saying that SC samples the same song as Swish Swish... which is false.

Spoiler

To go a little deeper into that, Swish Swish does sample a song, but it's the "They Know What is What" vocal, not any element from the beat

https://www.whosampled.com/Katy-Perry/Swish-Swish/

All three songs have deep house inspired production, but they have different basslines. Actually I struggle to see how would anyone hear the same thing. So I opened FL studio and made this in order to help people realise in fact that they are indeed different melodies(it sounds like trash I know, but you can still see the melodies are different):

First we have the melodies of the bassline for this three songs recreated in the original key with a random synth: first Swish Swish, then Girls Like and lastly SC. Later we have the three in the same order, all moved to the same key and over the most basic deep house percussion loop you can possibly make. In one way or another you can see that those are three different melodies.

Spoiler

@rohkeus hope you see it clearer now :hug:

Maybe you all already know they are different melodies, if that's the case I'm happy for you, because you have working ears :kiss: and disclaimer: this is not how my music sounds like :poot:

Honestly afraid to click submit topic bc inb4 this topic gets me Backlash :bradley:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beaublue

Thank you for doing this! I was thinking of doing it but you beat me. When I heard Sour Candy I was like... that sounds SIMILAR but def not the same so I pulled out my keyboard & yeah, they were different. Glad you made the proof.

Hybrid AT

Don't they all borrow their sound from this?

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Andreu
Just now, jared011 said:

They all sample Maya Jane Coles’s “What They Say” 

Truffle Butter by nicki minaj samples this. Neither of the three songs have the same bassline as What They say.

Andreu
1 minute ago, HybridAT said:

Don't they all borrow their sound from this?

The timbre is similar, but so is the timbre of many deep house tracks. I don't think you can sample a timbre since its hard to determine which ones are exactly the same and which ones are similar. The point of the thread is about the bassline melodes, which are different.

This sounds like Kahoot music :poot:

OT though, this is actually pretty interesting! :firega:

Andreu
6 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

:ohwell:

Did you read and listen to the OP? And if you did you cant tell the difference between the bassline melodies?

Andreu
Just now, ProjectJoanne said:

This sounds like Kahoot music :poot:

I said in the OP that I chose default sounds because my point about the melodies. But now that you said it... it does sound like kahoot music :bradley:

Blastertoyo
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

Did you read and listen to the OP? And if you did you cant tell the difference between the bassline melodies?

Someone’s got an attitude lol 

I’m just saying it also sounds similar 

:awkney:

please enlighten me to death

truffle butter samples maya jane coles, but these 3 songs just sound similar..not a sample 

flyaway
8 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

:ohwell:

Lady CopyGa strikes again, copying the Queen of Rap and Pop and music in General, Miss Nicki Queenaj. 

Lady Who has always been obsessed with her. She even copied her pink wig and copied the concept of The Pinkprint for Chromaticanicki minaj shade GIF 

nicki minaj laughing GIF

Andreu
2 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Someone’s got an attitude lol 

I’m just saying it also sounds similar 

:awkney:

Is the thread about sounding similar or about being samples?

I might have an attitude but at least I read the OP before commenting trying to be funny or something :ohwell:

Archived