💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Sour Candy doesn't sample Swish Swish nor Girls Like

Andreu

Featured Posts

Andreu
2 minutes ago, Emily said:

truffle butter samples maya jane coles, but these 3 songs just sound similar..not a sample 

Thank god :tony:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hybrid AT
8 minutes ago, Andreu said:

The timbre is similar, but so is the timbre of many deep house tracks. I don't think you can sample a timbre since its hard to determine which ones are exactly the same and which ones are similar. The point of the thread is about the bassline melodes, which are different.

Oh okay. Yeah, that makes sense. Is it an interpolation, not a sample? Idk, it gets confusing with the technicalities lol. But I do agree that SC, Swish Swish and Girls Like are all different songs and SC doesn't sample from those anywhere. The bassline melodies are different for all three.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Andreu
Just now, HybridAT said:

Oh okay. Yeah, that makes sense. Is it an interpolation, not a sample? Idk, it gets confusing with the technicalities lol. But I do agree that SC, Swish Swish and Girls Like are all different songs and SC doesn't sample from those anywhere. The bassline melodies are different for all three.

Sampling is using another recording in the creation of your own. Interpolation is when instead of sampling the song you sing those lines again (like The Weekend did in his last album with Elton John's your song). So in this case its simply using a similar sound, not a sample or an interpolation.

ice bear

it's a robyn sample actually...

ice heard one side from above

Andreu
5 minutes ago, ice bear said:

it's a robyn sample actually...

What song exactly?

BillieGOAT
16 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

This sounds like Kahoot music :poot:

Sis I- :lmao:

nathantj594

Anyone with a freshman level music theory background can tell you they’re not the same. They’re similar, but not even close to being the same. 

I get triggered when people use the phrase “ripped off” when they refer to one artist influencing another. Ripping someone off would be literally taking their creative product without permission and using it for gain.

Like those YouTube videos that say “TOp1TE10NsONGs ripped off from other songs!!” And they cite Born This Way (I never heard Express Yourself. Ever. I still don’t understand why people said this.) or 7 Rings (which Ariana pays Rogers and Hammerstein greatly for) or the worst was this kid who said The Art Police “RIPPED OFF” Pachelbel’s Canon in D. He used sheet music clips to show how it’s the same chord progression and I was just screaming at the screen “ITS THE SAME GODDAMN PROGRESSION IN EVERY POP SONG EVER!!!!” Like no wonder musicians have been using it since the Baroque era...it sounds good. I wanna find that boy and smack him. Pretending to know all this music theory (I have a masters degree in Music) and not even knowing what ripped off means. 

Ripped off is what Vanilla Ice tried to do with Under Pressure. Shove your anacrusis, Rob! It’s the same damn bass line. Sorry. I just get triggered. I’m like are these people even listening to the music? 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Gracious Gaga

Regardless Gaga should not have allowed this on the album. It’s a trend from like 2016 and sounds silly in 2020 

♥ Kindness Police.

ice bear
29 minutes ago, Andreu said:

What song exactly?

i'm just adding fuel to the discussion :sharon:

but it does sound like a robyn song idk which one :oprah:

ice heard one side from above

What bass synth VST did you use and what preset is it in FL Studio, I'm actually very interested in this :enigma:

vyniildisk
1 hour ago, jared011 said:

They all sample Maya Jane Coles’s “What They Say” 

Imagine making such a lit beat that it will be emulated forever. 

I love sour candy, i can't stop listening.

riotx

“Rain on Me features a prominent interpolation from the bassline Gwen Mcrae’s “All this Love that I’m Givin”  and Replay features a sample from Diana Ross’s “It’s My House” (both uses of composition cleared with respective artists and own a share of the compositions)”

And Sour Candy samples ‘What They Say’ by Maya Jane Coles that Gaga even had in her “Woman of choice” playlist this year 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/listen-to-lady-gagas-new-curated-all-female-playlist-women-of-choice-ft-rosalia-charli-xcx-st-vincent-rina-sawayama-and-more-2622063

GagaUnderYou

Lmao it sounds like Swish Swish & Truffle Butter

anyone remember that video of Gaga in the club dancing to Truffle Butter? She had like a high pony and blonde hair. She was probably drunk/high she thought she wrote the melody :enigma:

Archived