Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The GP will eat up 911

Bradley

Featured Posts

Hybrid AT
15 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

You just don't fully understand the chorus yet.ย 

OT: I could TOTALLY see this being a big song if it were the 80's, modern days howeverย :green:

Calling 911 chorus weakest when all we heard on the chorus of the lead single was five words followed by weird electronic noisesย :green:

22bf5137fa6b34d0a2f7b3ee881cb363.gif

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NeedUMoreThanX

Iโ€™m LOVING 911, but I think itโ€™s going to be kind of like how most monsters feel about Dance in the Dark. Fan favorite, but not gonna make it with the GP. Maybe kind of like how when I was in the nosebleeds for the Joanne Tour and my wife and I were the only ones singing Scheisse and we got odd looks during the โ€œGermanโ€ parts. It was honestly hilarious.ย 

buzzkill

idk if it will be a single. but it NEEDS to have MV with the full interlude.... the transition

:sis:

buzzkill
2 minutes ago, NeedUMoreThanX said:

Iโ€™m LOVING 911, but I think itโ€™s going to be kind of like how most monsters feel about Dance in the Dark. Fan favorite, but not gonna make it with the GP. Maybe kind of like how when I was in the nosebleeds for the Joanne Tour and my wife and I were the only ones singing Scheisse and we got odd looks during the โ€œGermanโ€ parts. It was honestly hilarious.ย 

i will never forgiving her for releasing Alejandro instead of DITD

:sis:

vyniildisk
2 hours ago, IcePrincess said:

No they won't. It's kinda weird and experimental. It's LM, gay fav not GP fav.

I agree, i love it, its my 2nd fav after sourcandy but it is very experimental yet iconic. GP basicness would never make it a hit

19 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Calling 911 chorus weakest when all we heard on the chorus of the lead single was five words followed by weird electronic noisesย :green:

22bf5137fa6b34d0a2f7b3ee881cb363.gif

911 does have a weaker chorus compared to everything else around it. Not to say it's not enjoyable, but the chorus drops signifiganty in energy.ย 

It's been the most common critique of the song on here, as well as the reactions all over YouTube.ย 

Still a bop tho.ย 

chromatigaga

911 is not radio friendly imo. Free woman, fun tonight and Sour Candy are the though.ย 

GagaUnderYou

This song would not do well on radio. It can stay a cult favourite.

I'm still trying to understand the verses.ย 

1000 Doves, Sour Candy, Sine are better choices.ย 

JustJames

Doesn't it seem peculiar that she potentially shot 4ย fullย videos (SL, ROM, FW, Babylon) with at least 1-2 others in the works (Fun Tonight, SC) before even releasing the lead, when the last era of hers to have MVs planned and released on schedule was TFM? That was also the ONLY era where there wasn't a switch in the singles (assuming Alejandro vs. DITD settled before the start). Even if you want to believe that she and her team planned the era's singles out in advance, that's between 4-6 official singles! She's only ever exceeded 3 on The Fame and Born This Way (4 and 5).ย 

The likely scenario / rumor - is her plan was to put out ~1 MV/month. Artists have to innovate if they want their work to remain relevant beyond album release week. 4-6 videos when SL debuted 02/28 and Chromatica was planned forย 04/10ย was aย huge risk considering most pop acts go 3 singles (1 ofย 2 becoming a hit;ย 3rd getting minor traction) max the traditional route.

There's no sense discussing singles + "GP/ radio friendly" when Chromatica is theย most non-commercial she's ever gone. The only song close to being made for mass consumption is Free Woman, but its streams say NO!ย Its lyrics are also a choiceย for a theme that she should've been able to own and smash with in 2020;ย the verses are nonsensical, the hook is clunky, and the semi-chorus is a comboย ("I'm not nothing without a steady hand" is a mouthful forย < 3:00).ย 

Sour Candy is evidence of how to keep momentum; I don't want this masterpiece of an album to die off. She can set the trend for what a streaming 'era' is: ~2 commercial singles for pre-album hypeย followed by songs supported by heavy digital promo, visuals, performances, and remixes. SC has KOREAN in it and is going Top 20 and would've been/will goย Top 10 with a MV.

If another song makes it onto radio and slays, then she'll again push the industry in a new direction. If not, I have to believe Chromatica was released with something special in mind for the rest of its tracks. After SC gets a MV, she'll have enough momentum to get 2-3 more Top 40s:

1. Free Woman + MV > 2. Alice + 911 + Replay MV Bomb/Mental Health Campaign + Fundraiserย > 3. Babylon + MV > 4. EP with Babylon (HL remix ft. __) as leadย 

FameHookah
2 hours ago, IcePrincess said:

No they won't. It's kinda weird and experimental. It's LM, gay fav not GP fav.

Yep its the BBB/DITD/Sheisse/Venus/DIC/HBD of the albumย  ๐Ÿ˜” we love it but the gp has trash taste.

WTF is MDNA

Ariana Grindr
2 hours ago, Spyro said:

If G.U.Y. taught me anything is that we all don't know the f*ck what is radio friendly or not :green:ย 

#Team911ThirdSingle

:cryga:

FameHookah
5 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Doesn't it seem peculiar that she potentially shot 4ย fullย videos (SL, ROM, FW, Babylon) with at least 1-2 others in the works (Fun Tonight, SC) before even releasing the lead, when the last era of hers to have MVs planned and released on schedule was TFM? That was also the ONLY era where there wasn't a switch in the singles (assuming Alejandro vs. DITD settled before the start). Even if you want to believe that she and her team planned the era's singles out in advance, that's between 4-6 official singles! She's only ever exceeded 3 on The Fame and Born This Way (4 and 5).ย 

The likely scenario / rumor - is her plan was to put out ~1 MV/month. Artists have to innovate if they want their work to remain relevant beyond album release week. 4-6 videos when SL debuted 02/28 and Chromatica was planned forย 04/10ย was aย huge risk considering most pop acts go 3 singles (1 ofย 2 becoming a hit;ย 3rd getting minor traction) max the traditional route.

There's no sense discussing singles + "GP/ radio friendly" when Chromatica is theย most non-commercial she's ever gone. The only song close to being made for mass consumption is Free Woman, but its streams say NO!ย Its lyrics are also a choiceย for a theme that she should've been able to own and smash with in 2020;ย the verses are nonsensical, the hook is clunky, and the semi-chorus is a comboย ("I'm not nothing without a steady hand" is a mouthful forย < 3:00).ย 

Sour Candy is evidence of how to keep momentum; I don't want this masterpiece of an album to die off. She can set the trend for what a streaming 'era' is: ~2 commercial singles for pre-album hypeย followed by songs supported by heavy digital promo, visuals, performances, and remixes. SC has KOREAN in it and is going Top 20 and would've been/will goย Top 10 with a MV.

If another song makes it onto radio and slays, then she'll again push the industry in a new direction. If not, I have to believe Chromatica was released with something special in mind for the rest of its tracks. After SC gets a MV, she'll have enough momentum to get 2-3 more Top 40s:

1. Free Woman + MV > 2. Alice + 911 + Replay MV Bomb/Mental Health Campaign + Fundraiserย > 3. Babylon + MV > 4. EP with Babylon (HL remix ft. __) as leadย 

She'll dl Babylon with Madonna and the era will revive again. Wait and see.

WTF is MDNA

Hybrid AT
13 minutes ago, Doot said:

911 does have a weaker chorus compared to everything else around it. Not to say it's not enjoyable, but the chorus drops signifiganty in energy.ย 

It's been the most common critique of the song on here, as well as the reactions all over YouTube.ย 

Still a bop tho.ย 

I judge a chorus strength by the catchiness of its melody. Is it a catchier melody than SL? Yeah! By a long mile

It's also lyrically stronger (my biggest enemy is me, pop a 911, ever since day one, pop a 911 then pop another one) than SL (I want you stupid love, love)

End of discussionย :vegas:

And frankly, people in this thread are overestimating the radio importance when streaming and sales can make hits now. Gen-Z is weird, they make songs about popping pills hits so if they can get tricked into the song being about thatย :teehee: IJSย :teehee:

(All that said, it's difficult to see it being given a single treatment bc Bloodpop shared it was a difficult song for her to record so all this discussion is probably futileย :poot:)

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Gimme More
2 hours ago, Jed said:

Youโ€™re on a fan site that instantly negates you babe. GP refers to people who catch the song in passing not people who knew the release date and producer credits before it even came out lol.ย 
ย 

if you come here enough to have 15k reputation youโ€™re a part of the fanbase not a casual occasional fan lol

you really don't know meย :ladyhaha:ย how can you say to what extent I am a fan of someone?ย :air:

i'm a casual Gaga fan, I only like her first 2 albums and dislike the rest, until Chromatica - which I think is really good! I don't venture into the Gaga sections so I don't know much, I find out from people I speak to here.

My rep points are mainly from the Entertainment/Conversation area :)ย 

#JusticeForBritney โ™ก

Massive Monster

I think if there is one song that the GP will eat up it's Sine From Above:

It literally reunites the "old" and "new", the classical and electronic. It's Elton John and Electropop. And it has so much meaning. The large majority of reactors said it is THE song and I honestly felt the same way as soon as I heard the beat drop with that woodwind instrument, it gave me chills and almost made me cry.

I love 911 but it exists in a very closed space (it's very robotic throughout). My favourite part is the "I can't see me cry" which is definitly for me one of the best hooks on the album.ย 

Kind regards

Archived