The GP will eat up 911

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alavaye
9 hours ago, BangTheGong said:

I switched over to Spotify a few years ago. The listening experience is much better but yeah I pay a monthly subscription which sucks but is totally worth it! :awesome:

Spotify is unavailable in my country so...... :/

xoxo

Necrophos

the only thing gp will eat up is Sour Candy. Gaga better make that an official single and release a bomb ass m/v for it asap

Necrophos
4 hours ago, lodylody said:

I think it theoretically would be a good TikTok moment, but I don't see it really being a successful single.

Hide contents

With that said, in 2013 I thought G.U.Y. would be a massive hit and wanted it to be the next single though. We all know how delusional that thought was :air: 

nah GUY flopped bc of a managerial disaster (Troy leaving and betraying Gaga). a proper promo would've shot it straight to top 10

MelbHawker

I love it but I don’t think the lyrics have mass appeal. 

:classy:

TortureMeOnReplay
12 hours ago, GregJA said:

Do any tik toks exist with the transition :green:

Most of the songs aren't even official sounds on Tik Tok. The only ones I've seen are ROM and SL.

TortureMeOnReplay

Little Monsters: She gotta cancel Babylon because "battle for your life" is not PC with the virus going on!

Also Little Monsters: Release 911, which contains "Pop a 911" even though police brutality is a hot issue at the moment!

steven

Some of y’all need to be more realistic, I mean 911 is a great song, but does not sound radio friendly at all. I’d rather have Free Woman as the 3rd single tbh.

BloodyM
2 hours ago, beabeaxo5 said:

Born This Way was the perfect choice for the first single, it's the most commercial sounding song on the album or did you forget that it spent 6 weeks at number 1? :ohwell:

The Edge of Glory and You & I were released straight after Judas and the GP ate those songs up. So the success of Marry the Night has nothing to do with the controversy surrounding Judas. 

I know Venus wasn't a proper single but it was a promotional single which they pushed alot (multiple single cover arts and it was included in G.U.Y). It was supposed to be a single but it was replaced with DWUW (surprise surprise, a song that the GP ate up despite not having a music video hence why it replaced Venus in the first place)

Good day, sir.

I don't agree with most of your points. BTW spent 6 weeks number one because of the fame + promo + the message of the song that paved it's way to be successful. TEOG & Y+I were mini hits with no longevity. After Judas sales went lower and lower. DWUW a hit? Streaming wise, a mini hit yes, in sales/radio play not. 

Dominic

Nah, 1000 Doves, Enigma or Replay are more likely options. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Mr Ricky

911 is the '' Dancin in Circles / Sexxx Dreams / Government Hooker'' of the album. 

So nope, it's not radio friendly. 

And with current situation, let's not talk about "911" at all being on the radio, since it's connected to the police. If you know what I mean. :vegas:

Crossfit

MonsterofFame
3 hours ago, BloodyM said:

TEOG & Y+I were mini hits with no longevity. 

Quite the opposite, actually. TEOG was only a promo single to get people excited for the album, but it started charting and being played on the radio on it's own that they decided to rush release it as a single when Judas flopped. Just like DWUW and Katy's Dark Horse.

I still hear TEOG played on the radio and in public to this day.

FrederickSpears

Hmm. I don't really think it's very radio friendly, but it IS a bop. It's a hit with us gays but I'm not sure if it would be a hit at radio. There are better single choices, but she could make it a buzz single for us and still give us an incredible music video.

Archived