💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The GP will eat up 911

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley
7 hours ago, Indyl said:

I think this community fundamentally misunderstands what the GP likes nowadays. It's rap music, and soft pop. Billie Eilish is the biggest thing in pop right now. The battle for #1 just a couple weeks ago was between a full-on rap song and a rap feature. Honestly, there's just no way to tell what would catch on with the GP right now, but it's decidedly not the heavier dance music on Chromatica, and it's not early-2010s-sounding pop like Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll, Enigma etc. (which isn't a knock on those songs, but it's true – those songs don't sound anything like what's trendy right now).

I think 911 and Replay would both do very well. Radio is not nearly as important as it once was (SL was heavily supported on radio, but not streaming, and look how that worked out). What actually matters is if people like the song, and 911 is catchy, far less bombastic than the other songs on the album, and has this kinda sad/depressing feel that I think would play right into the mood of the GP right now. Replay feels like insanity, and with a killer video, I can also see catching on with Billie/ODESZA/casual fans. (Replay also honestly sounds kinda similar to Bad Guy in a sense)

No song pleases every demographic, and after ROM, a more risque single would be perfect. Both 911 and Replay have also been highlighted in virtually every critical review of the album, so it's not a stretch at all to think 'non-fan' listeners wouldn't like it.

This is literally the other side of the coin of people on this site who **** on current pop music (like every rapper to top the Hot 100 in the past 2 years + Billie). it makes sense that those same people wouldn't want 911 as a single – even if it's dominating the charts, it's still not their taste.

This. Replay and 911 are amongst my favourite, I think I might even like Replay more than 911. We already have three songs including the rumoured Free Woman as singles from Chromatica, they are all from Act I. They're more 'GP-friendly' (whatever that means), upbeat and positive and have represented one aspect of Chromatica already.

The GP doesn't want to see the same thing over and over again. Act II which is full of killer bops and futuristic-sounding melodies and vocals deserve a representation and 911 and Replay do just that. For non-fans who don't listen to full albums but just singles, they'll go like "Wait a second, I didn't know Chromatica had songs like this. Wasn't it just all fun and pop like Stupid Love and Free Woman?" It'd further showcase the album's diversity in its musical direction.

Also tell me the visuals won't be amazing. Rain On Me proved to be a streaming monster thanks to the killer visuals. Imagine what 911 and Replay would do...

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beanybb

Have we not seen how fan favourites turned out when they became singles?

Marry the Night :triggered:

Venus :saladga:

G.U.Y :cryga: 

I still can't believe ya'll wanted Scheiße to be a single lmao

Let's be real, this fanbase isn't powerful enough to let any song be a hit - we've always relied on the GP to help us out. If any song it would have to be something like 1000 Doves or Sine From Above.

brucee
13 hours ago, PlasticDollGirl said:

No they won’t. It’s not radio friendly 

omg was shallow even  radio friendly. If we continue to think in those disgusting terms.... We will continue to have the most Disney parts of the record instead of the deepest ones as singles..

Maybe those more intimate songs would make Gaga sad if the whole GP has them. Idk. But radio friendly must stop. Stop trying to please the listener.... DWYW with your body of work. 

hello hello baby.

KORG

It's a tik tok song.

Make it go viral by doing a shot each time she says 911 in the last minute of the song. That would go just fine.

Plan funerals prior.

lodylody

I think it theoretically would be a good TikTok moment, but I don't see it really being a successful single.

Spoiler

With that said, in 2013 I thought G.U.Y. would be a massive hit and wanted it to be the next single though. We all know how delusional that thought was :air: 

Lampost
13 hours ago, Pennywise said:

It has one of Gaga's weakest choruses EVER, so I don't think so. The verses are really good tho. 

This tbh.

Production and verses are killer but that chorus will probably be a let down to the general listener.

czarnyptak

911 could be the next Delicate I'd say, it's got a really soft sound without any screams

Hot 100 Final Predictions: lady gaga the queen #1 (debut)

scheisseJK

to be honest all of her biggest hits sounds nothing like on the radio on that time..:whitney:  she always delivered new sound..  this is her hallmarks,  911 is screaming to be released together with great video including chromatica II intro..  so i dont know why many of you is afraid?:oprah:

She is always taking the risk ,and for me it sounds like new poker face mixed with born this way album vibes :firega:

Lucas

The GP would complain about the effects on her voice :sweat:

But omg this song really is a masterpiece, the outro is heavenly, "please patch the line" is orgasmic to my ears

Bradley
16 minutes ago, scheisseJK said:

to be honest all of her biggest hits sounds nothing like on the radio on that time..:whitney:  she always delivered new sound..  this is her hallmarks,  911 is screaming to be released together with great video including chromatica II intro..  so i dont know why many of you is afraid?:oprah:

She is always taking the risk ,and for me it sounds like new poker face mixed with born this way album vibes :firega:

She insisted Bad Romance become a single when her label didn't want to because it was 'risky'.

Bradley
Just now, Lucas said:

The GP would complain about the effects on her voice :sweat:

But omg this song really is a masterpiece, the outro is heavenly, "please patch the line" is orgasmic to my ears

No they wouldn't. Why do people act like you need to be a rocket scientist to appreciate some extra layers of vocal effects?

Gaga has played it safe with her singles since Applause.

I think the biggest issue with Gaga’s team is that no matter how different her albums sound from each other, they pick the songs that are “GP friendly”. Sometimes it works in their favour (Applause, MR, ROM) but it clearly isn’t something that works, and I think that’s because people want something NEW. Not to say Gaga should take notes from TikTok, but Bloody Mary randomly because popular for months on that platform and I can see why. It’s moody, edgy, full-on electro with a little 80s throwback. 

The GP these days are nothing like what they were in 2008/2018. There’s been a huge aesthetic shift in what’s popular and what isn’t. Gaga’s team are out of touch with that.

scheisseJK
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

She insisted Bad Romance become a single when her label didn't want to because it was 'risky'.

when she would release 911 instead of stupid love  it will smash hard..  but it will be a risky move for a label

BloodyM
3 hours ago, beabeaxo5 said:

Have we not seen how fan favourites turned out when they became singles?

Marry the Night :triggered:

Venus :saladga:

G.U.Y :cryga: 

I still can't believe ya'll wanted Scheiße to be a single lmao

Let's be real, this fanbase isn't powerful enough to let any song be a hit - we've always relied on the GP to help us out. If any song it would have to be something like 1000 Doves or Sine From Above.

I cant agree with you. If Scheiße was the first single from BTW, it would have been huge as at that time people were still looking into mysterious dark 'weird' Gaga.

MTN was late in the game, and at that point the GP hated Gaga (after Judas Drama), sales don't justify that MTN is one of Gaga's most iconic and best written songs to date. 

Venus was never a proper single, and again, if it was the first single from the album it would have had huge impact, more than Applause for sure. 

G.U.Y again, late in the game and at that point everyone just lost interest after all the ARTPOP drama including fans. 

Beanybb
10 minutes ago, BloodyM said:

I cant agree with you. If Scheiße was the first single from BTW, it would have been huge as at that time people were still looking into mysterious dark 'weird' Gaga.

MTN was late in the game, and at that point the GP hated Gaga (after Judas Drama), sales don't justify that MTN is one of Gaga's most iconic and best written songs to date. 

Venus was never a proper single, and again, if it was the first single from the album it would have had huge impact, more than Applause for sure. 

G.U.Y again, late in the game and at that point everyone just lost interest after all the ARTPOP drama including fans. 

Born This Way was the perfect choice for the first single, it's the most commercial sounding song on the album or did you forget that it spent 6 weeks at number 1? :ohwell:

The Edge of Glory and You & I were released straight after Judas and the GP ate those songs up. So the success of Marry the Night has nothing to do with the controversy surrounding Judas. 

I know Venus wasn't a proper single but it was a promotional single which they pushed alot (multiple single cover arts and it was included in G.U.Y). It was supposed to be a single but it was replaced with DWUW (surprise surprise, a song that the GP ate up despite not having a music video hence why it replaced Venus in the first place)

Good day, sir.

Archived