đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The GP will eat up 911

Bradley

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

911 is literally one of my top songs from the album, but I don't think it would chart high as a single. 

I personally find the chorus underwhelming but her vocals, production, and message of the song make up for it imo. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas

911 is an amazing song but it would tank as a single. Even though I’m not a fan of Fun Tonight, I think that would probably be the safest choice for a single.

Glamourpuss
36 minutes ago, nswain1110 said:

If 911 gets a proper video and radio push, I think it would do quite well. It's an album standout. The GP loves and misses weirdga. I agree they would eat this up!

She should release Alice then. It's weird but in a way they'll accept because it's so catchy and imagine the mv we would get. :firega:

sexy

I think this community fundamentally misunderstands what the GP likes nowadays. It's rap music, and soft pop. Billie Eilish is the biggest thing in pop right now. The battle for #1 just a couple weeks ago was between a full-on rap song and a rap feature. Honestly, there's just no way to tell what would catch on with the GP right now, but it's decidedly not the heavier dance music on Chromatica, and it's not early-2010s-sounding pop like Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll, Enigma etc. (which isn't a knock on those songs, but it's true – those songs don't sound anything like what's trendy right now).

I think 911 and Replay would both do very well. Radio is not nearly as important as it once was (SL was heavily supported on radio, but not streaming, and look how that worked out). What actually matters is if people like the song, and 911 is catchy, far less bombastic than the other songs on the album, and has this kinda sad/depressing feel that I think would play right into the mood of the GP right now. Replay feels like insanity, and with a killer video, I can also see catching on with Billie/ODESZA/casual fans. (Replay also honestly sounds kinda similar to Bad Guy in a sense)

No song pleases every demographic, and after ROM, a more risque single would be perfect. Both 911 and Replay have also been highlighted in virtually every critical review of the album, so it's not a stretch at all to think 'non-fan' listeners wouldn't like it.

This is literally the other side of the coin of people on this site who **** on current pop music (like every rapper to top the Hot 100 in the past 2 years + Billie). it makes sense that those same people wouldn't want 911 as a single – even if it's dominating the charts, it's still not their taste.

Illuminati Freak

911 is a bop but anyone trying to convince themselves this would be a top 40 hit for commercial radio is delusional. :lmao:

pop ate my heart
3 hours ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

Eh I think 911 chorus does what it needs to do. It’s one of those ethereal, robotic electronic boos instead of a big explosive one, like HML.

Tea. It also adds to the song's concept of her feeling numb and emotionless at times. So a bombastic chorus wouldn't make sense artistically and we wouldn't convey those emotions properly to us

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

Nicoxxx

The only thing they will eat is a 911 because they cant stand the song.

pop ate my heart

I want 911 as that very last "bonus" single after the real LAST single (hopefully SFA), that she just releases for fun to make stans happy and doesn't create much buzz in the GP. Like what Heavy Metal Lover would've been to Marry the Night. Or BoysBoysBoys to Paparazzi. Does it make sense?

am i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-e-i-p-plastic

vyniildisk
47 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

911 is literally one of my top songs from the album, but I don't think it would chart high as a single. 

I personally find the chorus underwhelming but her vocals, production, and message of the song make up for it imo. 

Wich lyrics from 911 are your favs? 

dit

it is also the album track with the highest streams without much playlisting support if any. 

The thing is though...not every song that does well on streaming will translate well on radio. I think 911 should be relegated to a successful album track. It will probably end up almost hitting 100M by the end of the era on Spotify and that is more than enough. A lot of the new main popgirls have album tracks that hit 100M streams and above. Look at Ariana's album tracks or Billie. Basically that's what will happen to Gaga with 911 imo and that's cool because she is part of the older main popgirls and to be able to have album tracks do so well is a great thing!

Dr Fudge

Ummmm Replay and Alice say hi- both are energetic, great earworms, and worthy of singles 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

BlingNotTheMusic
32 minutes ago, Dulo Peep said:

Wich lyrics from 911 are your favs? 

Honestly the intro is my fav part:

Turning up emotional faders
Keep repeating self-hating phrases
I have heard enough of these voices
Almost like I have no choice

This is biological stasis
My mood's shifting to manic places
Wish I laughed and kept the good friendships
Watch life, here I go again

----

On the chorus I thought she was saying:

Boy, come see me cry

Come see me cry a-again

Lmao :huntyga:

Noir

Do I think it's the best song on the album? Yes. Do I think it should be a single? Yes. Do I think it would chart well? No.

I think she should try her luck with Free Woman, Sour Candy and Sine From Above as singles first. I think they have a higher chance of catching on with the GP, gaining radio attention and showcasing various facets of the album. I think once the most commercially successful songs have been given a chance to shine, then she has free reign to release whatever she wants (if she even wants to, supposedly she wants six singles but who truly knows apart from herself and her team/label).  

But I agree with you @Bradley I do think that should be 911 should be a single later down the line, hey it could surprise us all? SC has done amazingly on Youtube/Spotify. I'd add Babylon as the final single and call it a day. But do I think they'd chart well? Absolutely not. I think they'd both provide captivating music videos which fans/gays would eat up. But I think the songs/videos would go unnoticed by GP, unless a Tik Tok trend kicked off. 

But what the f*** do we all know, @Indyl makes some very interesting points about what's deemed popular nowadays anyway. 

Archived