💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lea Michele Apologizes to Costar

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

Michele, 33, says in a statementexclusively shared with PEOPLE that while she does not remember making the specific remarks that Ware says she made, that is "not really the point."

"What matters is that I clearly acted in ways which hurt other people," Michele says, explaining the importance of listening and learning from those who she might have hurt in the past.

"One of the most important lessons of the last few weeks is that we need to take the time to listen and learn about other people's perspectives and any role we have played or anything we can do to help address the injustices that they face," Michele says.

"When I tweeted the other day, it was meant to be a show of support for our friends and neighbors and communities of color during this really difficult time," she says, referring to her May 29 tweet in support of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement. 

She continues: "but the responses I received to what I posted have made me also focus specifically on how my own behavior towards fellow cast members was perceived by them."

"While I don’t remember ever making this specific statement and I have never judged others by their background or color of their skin, that’s not really the point," Michele's statement continues. "What matters is that I clearly acted in ways which hurt other people."

"Whether it was my privileged position and perspective that caused me to be perceived as insensitive or inappropriate at times or whether it was just my immaturity and me just being unnecessarily difficult, I apologize for my behavior and for any pain which I have caused. We all can grow and change and I have definitely used these past several months to reflect on my own shortcomings."

"I am a couple of months from becoming a mother and I know I need to keep working to better myself and take responsibility for my actions, so that I can be a real role model for my child and so I can pass along my lessons and mistakes, so that they can learn from me," she concludes. "I listened to these criticisms and I am learning and while I am very sorry, I will be better in the future from this experience."

https://people.com/tv/lea-michele-apologizes-accuses-her-making-set-living-hell/?amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga

well good for her acknowledging and apologizing 

♄ Kindness Police.

3 minutes ago, Blue Lagoon said:

she does not remember making the specific remarks that Ware says she made, that is "not really the point."

It is and we don't believe u. Fake apology 

Stone S

It sucks that it takes being exposed for people to acknowledge their wrong doings. It also sucks that it’s taken this protest and movement to wake people up

Welcome to Industria

Gimme More

She's just sorry she got called out :selena:

I don't believe a word.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

INNA
4 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

It is and we don't believe u. Fake apology 

I like how saying that she doesn’t remember Is an attempt to shed some of the blame but also invalidates her apology. Could have done better than this. The first step is to say “YES I did/said this, and I’ll do whatever I need to to make it right again.” It just sounds like a cop out otherwise. Cancel her. She had her chances to do the right things, she let them pass by her and kept being evil. If she was treating her black costars like this, I wonder how she treated other black employees on set who aren’t celebrities and don’t have as much power to speak out against someone super famous.... it’s all so gross. People are tired of seeing these fake lil apologies when the internet finally is able to drag out people’s ugly behavior, past and present. They’re only apologizing because they want to still be relevant. Uglee

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

TortureMeOnReplay

Notice how she didn't say it seemed out of character for her? She can't lie like that without getting called out even more. This is such a half ass PR response, and it's days late for the public, and years late to everyone she offended. 

littlepotter

I don't understand what y'all want her to say? :rip: i dont even know her or watched her show but like what exactly could she say that wouldnt be a "fake apology"

chaeri pls

JusKeepBreathin
2 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I don't understand what y'all want her to say? :rip: i dont even know her or watched her show but like what exactly could she say that wouldnt be a "fake apology"

It's cancel culture by 13 year olds. Don't over think it. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• CyanLights changed the title to Lea Michele Apologizes to Costar

Archived