celeb

Lea Michele Apologizes to Costar

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

It's not the best apology but the truth is we don't know her well enough to be able to tell if this is genuine or not. It's up to the people that she offended to decide if they want to accept her apology.

I think we should put down the pitchforks and let her prove that she's a changed person. Cancel culture likes to point out a person's flaws and take their careers but never gives them the chance to redeem themselves. 

spicedchy
20 minutes ago, littlepotter said:

I don't understand what y'all want her to say? :rip: i dont even know her or watched her show but like what exactly could she say that wouldnt be a "fake apology"

It’s the lack of accountability. Making sure to point she didn’t remember saying those things. Implying that her “privileged position and perspective” is the reason her actions were perceived to be insensitive which is the equivalent to “if I hurt you, I’m sorry.” No, you know now you treated a lot people wrongly and were rude and inappropriate so just own it. 

• CyanLights changed the title to Lea Michele Apologizes to Costar
AleGaga00
5 minutes ago, spicedchy said:

It’s the lack of accountability. Making sure to point she didn’t remember saying those things. Implying that her “privileged position and perspective” is the reason her actions were perceived to be insensitive which is the equivalent to “if I hurt you, I’m sorry.” No, you know now you treated a lot people wrongly and were rude and inappropriate so just own it. 

Exactly!!!

Interlude

An apology statement exclusively shared by a magazine.. at least have the heart to share it yourself.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

DelusionalGaga

Claiming to not remember basically invalidates her whole apology :rip: Also, "Sorry that you perceived me as insensitive and inappropriate" instead of just saying that you were insensitive and inappropriate is not it :triggered:

Just A Holy Fool

Too late sis, your career (if it wasn't already) is over. :triggered:

thierryrreiht

“Don’t remember but that’s not the point”: but still mentions it.

“perceived = It’s your fault you didn’t understand my actions/words

“Immaturity” = but I was youuuuuuung instead of saying you were uneducated and clearly the wrong one in this

ya know: small details like that.. not buying it

djBuffoon

"but the responses I received to what I posted have made me also focus specifically on how my own behavior towards fellow cast members was perceived by them."

She uses the word "perceive" a couple of times, and it makes this apology seem disingenuous, as if she's still putting a little bit of blame or doubt in the victims' accounts of what happened. Kind of like saying "I'm sorry you feel that way."

ItWasntLaauv

She got defensive, if she would’ve just owned up completely instead of being sorry how her words were “perceived by them”, this would prob blow over quicker. I was a Lea stan before, I want her to be good, but she f*cked up big time.

Wolf Boy

If there weren’t  multiple reports of her being a brat her “i dont remember” would hold a bit more weight.

Unless she was so awful so much that she honestly can’t remember :laughga:

Glamourpuss

Coming back to this I see now how you all read it and yes it does seem very disingenuous. But I also get an "I can't get emotional about this" vibe from it and I wonder if she's trying not to let it affect her because she's pregnant. The way she ends it is like she's saying I have to focus on my baby now. 

But also what else can she do apart from promise to be better from now on. 🤷‍♀️

ZiggyZiggs

lol she basically said 'im sorry you thought i was being racist and nasty'

fakest celebrity apology i've ever seen

Archived