Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Resurrection of ARTPOP

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Isidro Guevara
Just now, Just A Holy Fool said:

ARTPOP was ahead of its time in a lot of ways

Sometimes I think this is true. I can even hear Fashion! on todays radio, the 70s/80's influences. Do What U Want still sounds fresh, Venus sounds unique and ethereal, Sexxx Dreams takes you to another world, Applause is just a strong and simple yet different kind of pop track. She really wanted to deliver with AP, bar a few misses. 

I'll WRECK U right Up...G.U.Y.!!!🌋💥

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AnglerfishbraBENUS

The thing that ruined ARTPOP is not having the foil cover on streaming services 

JillTyrell2004

At the time, and still now to a degree, it felt that it just became cool to bash Gaga. Glad they’re backtracking now though.
Talent wins again :pawsup:.

HorusRa2

ARTPOP is fun but Chromatica is much, much better as a whole body of work. There may be individual moments on ARTPOP that may be at or above Chromatica but as an entire body of work ARTPOP seems either incomplete or messy. 

Just A Holy Fool
2 minutes ago, Isidro Guevara said:

Sometimes I think this is true. I can even hear Fashion! on todays radio, the 70s/80's influences. Do What U Want still sounds fresh, Venus sounds unique and ethereal, Sexxx Dreams takes you to another world, Applause is just a strong and simple yet different kind of pop track. She really wanted to deliver with AP, bar a few misses. 

I think there was a lot of behind the scenes drama with the roll out with Gaga on one side and her management/label on another. If Do What U Want had just been a Gaga track, I think it would have went on to be one of the biggest hits of her career. It was so fresh and so different for her... its the hit that got away for sure. 

HausOfAntonio
19 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Chromatica is ARTPOP's sophisticated older sister who lives in the city.

And where does ARTPOP live girl? The countryside? :laughga:

Isidro Guevara
5 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

its the hit that got away for sure. 

Starstruck

Do What U Want

Always Remember Us This Way

Dance In The Dark 

All lost hits!:deadbanana:

Just A Holy Fool
6 minutes ago, Isidro Guevara said:

Starstruck

Do What U Want

Always Remember Us This Way

Dance In The Dark 

All lost hits!:deadbanana:

I think we can add A-YO to that list too. I really think it would have been a better lead than Perfect Illusion... 

KORG

Everyone was influenced by unwarranted bad press due to a management nightmare that screwed her promo.

ARTPOP was doing fine and singles looked to do well up until DWUW collapsed. The album is great. It goes hard but isnt easily digested due to needing intellect to catch references. Facts.

Terrence
38 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

will be regarded as her BEST BODY of WORK or it will be forgotten? 

Born This Way is.

Isidro Guevara
2 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

I think we can add A-YO to that list too. I really think it would have been a better lead than Perfect Illusion... 

I would have liked that also! But the meltdowns would've been INSANE! I think I've read some monsters would've unstanned if it was the lead single. I honestly think it would've been a huge hit and one of her most recognizable!

Just A Holy Fool
Just now, Isidro Guevara said:

I would have liked that also! But the meltdowns would've been INSANE! I think I've read some monsters would've unstanned if it was the lead single. I honestly think it would've been a huge hit and one of her most recognizable!

Well Perfect Illusion was bland as f*ck and didn't actually fit with the concept of the rest of the album. I think A-YO would have had people talking. Its catchy as hell. 

Lighter

Hypocrites who are afraid of artistic pictures and videos from the BC 

Isidro Guevara
Just now, Just A Holy Fool said:

Well Perfect Illusion was bland as f*ck and didn't actually fit with the concept of the rest of the album. I think A-YO would have had people talking. Its catchy as hell. 

I've always pictured the era going something like this:

1. A-Yo (lead single) 

2. Perfect Illusion (2nd single) 

3. Million Reasons (final single) 

Archived