💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Resurrection of ARTPOP

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

It came to my attention that Critics are subtly trying to criticize "Chromatica" by comparing with her other records, and surprisingly ARTPOP is getting a lot of praise. So, are critics hypocrites or they had sudden epiphanies? 

Do you think after 20 years later, ARTPOP will be regarded as her BEST BODY of WORK or it will be forgotten? 

Discuss!

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

To quote Spin,

"Erotica is now considered Madonna’s best album in diehard circles and ARTPOP deserves the same; just switch the cone bra for a meat dress. Chromatica is being rather warmly embraced, so we can only hope it encourages her to weird us out again. And there’s something poetic in the week’s reigning number-one artist not knowing what her own normal is at the same time the entire nation is struggling to reject new norms that are completely regressive and socially tantamount to the utter fascism of a militarized police state, even if these are completely incomparable. But it’s no coincidence her “at least I’m alive” hook is topping the charts this particular week." 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

yes and

ARTPOP didn't deserve such massive backlash, but it's not her best album either, not even top 3 of her best albums lmao 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Gagz

ARTPOP is finally getting the recognition it deserves. It has been and remains her best album. :queenga:

GaGaAst

ARTPOP would have been her best album if it wasn't over produced, had better songs like Brooklyn Night, Nothing On (but the radio) with demo versions being used. Max 12 tracks. But she over stuffed the album and ruined almost everything.

That being said she didn't deserve the backlash and hate. It came 1.5 years late though. But it deserves to be praised, bt not as her best album

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Where is LG7

ARTPOP deserved better and Chromatica gave her the recognition she needed.

CautiousLurker

I think with pretty much every album after Fame, people need time to sit with it and appreciate it for what it is - this is why people are coming around to ARTPOP - that and the fact it's a brilliant album :hor:

Anyway, I think a lot of animosity came because people keep expecting Gaga to continue on a trajectory set out by previous work and she just doesn't do that :enigma:

Also, this reviewer pointed out that there were a lot of MASSIVE releases the year ARTPOP was released:

Another point that he made in massing was that he misses Zedd's more intense production, and I think it illustrates the feeling I get which is that people didn't really start appreciating the work till it was gone :bradley:

Agunimon

Chromatica is ARTPOP's sophisticated older sister who lives in the city.

Sneaky Oliver

Chromatica is indeed ARTPOP’s little supportive sister 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Just A Holy Fool

ARTPOP was ahead of its time in a lot of ways. I listened to it all the way through last night for the first time in a while, and especially after listening to Chromatica, a lot of the songs do hold up. 

However, it will always have the mess that is Jewels N' Drugs... so... yeah. 

holy scheisse

ARTPOP is amazing and tbh the only "overproduced" songs on the album are swine, mjh, and donatella. :koons:

Mizu723

I do not agree with the majority of comments about ARTPOP at all. I've been a Lady Gaga fan since I heard Paparazzi, and ARTPOP is my favorite album by far.
I am aware that the promotion of that era was horrible, but it is his most risky album in which he delves into various music genres that he had not played so far.
I personally can't wait for him to risk so much with an album again.
Sorry for my English, I have it a little rusty :P

Lord Temptation

As a treatise on the atomic decay of pop’s brightest star, ARTPOP predicted it’s own synthesis with the opposing factions of art criticism and pop fandom. 

Just A Holy Fool
6 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Chromatica is ARTPOP's sophisticated older sister who lives in the city.

I think ARTPOP is that older sister that as hard as she tried, lost her way in life, but she's slowly getting back on track. 

Archived