đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Anybody Else Relieved that Chromatica is Doing Pretty Well?

Donny Winter

Featured Posts

Donny Winter

Is anybody else extremely relieved that despite the pandemic, Chromatica seems to be doing pretty well without the assist of live performances promoting the album? It feels really good to see Gaga flourishing, especially considering that:

1. "Rain On Me" is now her 5th Billboard Hot 100 #1.

2. Chromatica is projected to hit #1 on the Billboard Album Chart.

3. "Sour Candy" is rumored to be debuting in the top 10 in numerous countries.

4. Most of the songs in Chromatica charted in the iTunes Top 50. 

5. Most of the reaction / reviews to the album are very positive and this scored her highest metacritic rating.

This is a great time to be a Little Monster, my friends. Let's keep the momentum going! :pawsup::heart:

(Also, let's note how awesome it is that "Rain On Me" has hit about 80 million views on YouTube in 2 weeks)

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

JillTyrell2004

I’m reliving my youth babe, I couldn’t be happier/smug :vegas:

flyaway

I'm relieved I love the album. :poot:

I'm also glad it has had good reception so far, but even if it hadn't, I would still be happy with the music :vegas:

Yes ! At first I was worried because with the date being pushed back and SL being released in February that people would’ve have maybe forgotten about it but I understand that the date was postponed as Gaga had to shoot more promo/think of ways to promote it without interviews/live performances. It worked out better in the end and was beyond worth the wait :pawsup:

CookieHWilson

I'd love for all of this to make her feel better about herself.
I wish this album (even if not my fave) becomes huge, like a career milestone.

She deserves love from the general public.
And in my opinion this was a not risky, but surely not a risk free album regarding some choice: the eurodance and 90s sounds that are not that "en vogue" these times, and the songs' themes; lyrical content in songs like 911, Replay, Alice which are already favourites they speak directly to the heart and they go in HARD.
In fact this album makes me happy but sad and contemplative at the same time, because for the first time I really felt her depression. But I felt THAT difference that comes once you realise and accept your conditions to work on em, or simply embrace em. I feel this vibe throughout the whole album.
I, my self experience major depression periods and have to stay on meds otherwise my head eats me alive. I felt the force of trauma and what it can become if you are willing to be helped and overcome, even overcome yourself if that's the case.
I felt all of this (and it did not happen with ARTPOP where i felt "rage/revenge" feelings, nor in Joanne in which I actually see a warped self-image in order to embody a character so to heal her father).

So yeah, its just a dance pop album, but I feel Gaga, contrary to some opinion i read here around.
And regarding the fact that Gaga's lyrical content has lost in "fire" value, I wanna say that, to be this honest,  what and how she wrote her experiences in this project is very well done and unexpected. It's dry in analogies and play on words (put babylon on a side for a moment), it's analithycal, it's profoundly TRUE.
It is dry (in the best meaning ever), direct, and hard, even when it goes sweet like on a 1000 doves, it is so real. If Joanne was "flair off" "strip it to the bone" cause I need it "natural", this time around is "make it as unnatural as you want, as weird and strong as you wish, cause that's how you feel when you wanna bang your head to the wall to silence thoughts".

Wow never thought I had this in my mind regarding Cockmatica

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

TortureMeOnReplay

With some of the early comments on threads while it was rolling out across the world and my opinion upon first listen, I felt a bit scared for her. It seemed a lot of people didn't like the writing and some of the songs lacked real impact especially when compared to ROM. However with what I've seen up to this point and experienced, a lot of people like the album and I'm glad it's that way. I could understand not being a fan but I do not wish for her to have another ARTPOP moment, because I don't know how she would react personally and professionally.

Glamourpuss

I'm relieved by how well received it's been by this fanbase tbh. Normally it's hard for Gaga to please the complainers but she appears to have reduced the amount of them with Chromatica. :vegas:

CookieHWilson
2 minutes ago, Loeppke said:

I had a neighbor that used to threaten us with calling 991 :awkney: We would always say "DO IT!" :poot:

I am sorry boo, I am Italian and typing fast, we have 112, if interested 

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

MelbHawker

Absolutely. Where are all those whinging, whining fans from a few months back crying/bitching how she ruined the era by delaying it? 

:toofunny:

Sneaky Oliver

I’m relieved both stans and critics are positive about the album. It’s like finally we found peace after ARTPOP and Joanne divisive rollouts 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Agagkills

To be honest I’m just glad she actually release the album. Had she waited longer she could’ve postponed again. If the release was this week she would’ve definitely postponed it. look what she did to her website . So be happy we just have It . Chromatica is what keeps me going right now with all this mess 

talk gretchen GIF

Skylight

Most of my friends know the songs from the album. It hasn’t been like this since Born This Way.

Archived