Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Where are Bey/Rih/Katy/Taylor donation Screenshots?

alice911

Featured Posts

alice911

So every now and then im seeing someone twitter quote twitting gaga and asking her to open her purse. So I would like to see the receipts of the other girls who have put online the screenshots of their donations to the BLM organizations?? 

derpmonster

I think donations shouldn't be public if she doesn't want to make them because it can come off as bragging.

Ignore the Twitter stans. They do this every time and no one will remember in a week.

What I do hope Gaga does is tell us at some point what she did (she doesn't have to give a number obviously).

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

It’s not my place as a white person to demand black people to do anything. Beyoncé and Rihanna should not be on that list.

HermioneT

Not everything needs to be public. While I'd love to see all of the mentioned donating, I also think we have to put a stop on this pressuring celebrities into certain behaviours with "chancelling"-threats. I does not sit well with me when people a) flaunt their donations b) are pressured to do stuff like donating or protesting just because they feel they'll be chancelled if they don't.

She / hers

The Child

"Open your purse" is just a joke lol :sweat:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Bottom

some people just like to complain, they would drag them if they didn't publicly announce it and also drag them for publicly announcing it too

Sepsami
1 minute ago, Bottom said:

some people just like to complain, they would drag them if they didn't publicly announce it and also drag them for publicly announcing it too

I'm ur first like :poot:

HoneyB

1. It's just a joke

2. Donations shouldn't be seen as a contest or to “flex” that’s not the point:rip:

All the celebs you mentioned and Gaga are promoting and spreading awareness of what's going on right now which is still a good thing since they have such large platforms.

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

edengowon
32 minutes ago, Brecht said:

It’s not my place as a white person to demand black people to do anything. Beyoncé and Rihanna should not be on that list.

if you're a POC and you aren't speaking up or you aren't raising your voice. it's still an issue and it's still a responsibility of yours to speak up, especially when you have such a huge platform that you can use to empower people

the artist formerly known as melancholia

It's nobody's business. Pop stars are not governors, not politicians, not mayors, they have no responsibility when you think of it, to give donations because people want them to. Of course any rich person should help that's my personal opinion but to ask for screenshots is inappropriate

2 minutes ago, Autumn said:

if you're a POC and you aren't speaking up or you aren't raising your voice. it's still an issue and it's still a responsibility of yours to speak up, especially when you have such a huge platform that you can use to empower people

And who am I as a white person to judge any black people? Especially right now? Especially since they are existing and thriving in an industry and in a system that have everything against them? Rihanna and Beyoncé have been speaking up since they were born. Any white person that feels the right to judge any black person for their behaviour towards BLM should check on their privileges before saying anything stupid.

KORG
1 minute ago, Brecht said:

And who am I as a white person to judge any black people? Especially right now? Especially since they are existing and thriving in an industry and in a system that have everything against them? Rihanna and Beyoncé have been speaking up since they were born. Any white person that feels the right to judge any black person for their behaviour towards BLM should check on their privileges before saying anything stupid.

Racial equality doesnt mean that white people cant judge us as humans when we are not playing our part. These people are rich. No matter what their race, they can afford to donate something. Support for the cause has no restriction on your race.

The narrative that white people now have to turn a blind eye to the behaviour of some people by using "I'm white, I have no right to say a black person is ___"... yes you do. As a human, as a citizen. 

You can have an opinion on someones behaviour, just as long as it's not BECAUSE of skin colour.

Being black isnt a free pass suddenly. I'm not about to go out and get my shopping free :laughga:

5 minutes ago, KORG said:

Racial equality doesnt mean that white people cant judge us as humans when we are not playing our part. These people are rich. No matter what their race, they can afford to donate something. Support for the cause has no restriction on your race.

The narrative that white people now have to turn a blind eye to the behaviour of some people by using "I'm white, I have no right to say a black person is ___"... yes you do. As a human, as a citizen. 

You can have an opinion on someones behaviour, just as long as it's not BECAUSE of skin colour.

Being black isnt a free pass suddenly. I'm not about to go out and get my shopping free :laughga:

That's your opinion on that and I respect it but I still don't feel like I have the right to tell a black person they're not doing enough for their own fight and no one can convince me that's healthy behaviour. Especially since I'm part of the problem. 

KORG
42 minutes ago, Brecht said:

That's your opinion on that and I respect it but I still don't feel like I have the right to tell a black person they're not doing enough for their own fight and no one can convince me that's healthy behaviour. Especially since I'm part of the problem. 

You're not part of the problem because you're aware. As a black person, I feel incredibly patronized when given that "I cant tell you what to do because you're black" that is part of racism. Equality doesnt mean extra. We are humans, it's ok to be positive, negative, and call us out in positions of power.

Imagine thinking you cant push Obama on racial equality if he turned a blind eye.

Archived