Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What took chromatica 2.5 years?

Delulu Rogers

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers

Gaga said in an interview she had worked on the album for 2.5 years but also said in another interview that a lot of the songs were written pretty fast. (I also think she said she wrote melodies in 10 minutes idk). Anyways, I know album processes are more than just writing the songs and she could’ve written over 100 songs too like ARTPOP but I’m genuinely curious as to what took her so long? 
All of the songs are short and have similar drops and instrumentals. At first I thought she had put a lot of time into the concept and creative aspect but she seems to have forgotten about the whole tribe thing/the album is basically just about healing, something she had also done on Joanne. Obviously there were mvs, performances and the tour she needed to plan as well but those would have been much more recent/still in process. 
I’m not saying the album was not worth the wait but just curious as to what you guys think. Maybe enigma just took up too much time? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
funkyhaus

I guess she had to promote ASIB which took a lot of time. 
Also Interscope seemed to focus on Billie in 2019 so they probably didn’t want Gaga releasing the same year, which gave her more time 

Jill
3 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Gaga said in an interview she had worked on the album for 2.5 years but also said in another interview that a lot of the songs were written pretty fast. (I also think she said she wrote melodies in 10 minutes idk). Anyways, I know album processes are more than just writing the songs and she could’ve written over 100 songs too like ARTPOP but I’m genuinely curious as to what took her so long? 

I wonder why would a move take 2 years to be made? I mean, the screenwriters said that they wrote the script pretty fast, and I know a movie isn't just a script and that it includes many other things that need to be made, actors to be cast, scenes to edit, lightning to fix, accidents or delays that may happen, script revisions, but I'm genuinely curious as to what took them so long?

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

blankpaper

There was ASIB and the whole awards season in addition to launching HL in addition to Enigma/J&P in addition to JWT. She’s been busy. This album is also super cohesive in a way prior albums haven’t been 

reality’s tight if the music is right

Rat Boy
7 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Haus Labs 

triggered GIF

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Did you hear the demos from 2018? :poot:

BgRaEgTaT

She doesn’t always need to be recording music/preparing for an album release. :saladga:

Delulu Rogers
9 minutes ago, Lionel Hutz said:

I wonder why would a move take 2 years to be made? I mean, the screenwriters said that they wrote the script pretty fast, and I know a movie isn't just a script and that it includes many other things that need to be made, actors to be cast, scenes to edit, lightning to fix, accidents or delays that may happen, script revisions, but I'm genuinely curious as to what took them so long?

Okay let’s not compare apples with oranges there. We all know she put out Joanne in 6 months so my point still stands

Jill
1 minute ago, Delulu Rogers said:

Okay let’s not compare apples with oranges there. We all know she put out Joanne in 6 months so my point still stands

Joanne didn't have demos that dated back to two years before and were radically different

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

Hybrid AT

The album wasn't the only thing she was working on 24/7 for the two and a half years it was in the making. She was juggling multiple work commitments (Haus Labs, Enigma, ASIB promo etc.) and she also has a personal life outside of all this. Remember she went through a public break-up with Christian? She also deals with chronic pain and talked about how she was chainsmoking and under severe depression.

Regarding the album itself, since there are multiple producers involved, there's a lot of back and forth around the production. And then there's recording, editing, mixing, mastering, record label negotiations, agreements, figuring out promotional plans. Things take time.

Not sure what this post is even trying to establish except subtly shading the efforts that went into the making of this album and questioning her work ethic and everyday life :triggered:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Seeka

Being creative is weird. That is a description even at the best of times. It gets weirder when others are involved. 

Something can take multiple years but also be quick. I'm working on my novel. It's taken years but I'm pretty sure once I get over chapter 5 I'm just gonna flood out creatively and finish this thing. Which is good because I have campnano next month. 

ImTired

The question is, why would we want to rush her when it took the exact right amount of time to make the masterpiece we got. :vegas:

ryhanna

Well, she was probably doing other things and taking it slow. 

Working on it for 2.5 years doesn't necessarily mean working day in, day out for over 2 years. She doesn't need to pump out albums to pay her electric bill. Maybe she was just taking her time, enjoying life and doing it at a comfortable pace.

Jose P

You do realize that in the middle of those 2.5 years she did ASIB right? Not only did she film the movie, which I bet lasted quite some time, but she also made the soundtrack for it, which involved the writing and recording of a whole other album. Then came the promotion for the movie, and the subsequent awards season. There was also Enigma after that. And then the launch of Haus Labs. It’s obvious that Gaga doesn’t sit around doing nothing, she’s been working on several things for those 2.5 years, not just Chromatica.

Archived