💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

POLL: 1000 Doves Album Version or Piano Version?

slayo

Poll: 1000 Doves Album Version or Piano Version?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. 1000 Doves: Album VS. Piano

• Album Version
    • Piano Version

Featured Posts

slayo

When I first heard the album version of 1000 Doves, I thought it was an empty, wasted space of a song on the album. I feel that the production is dated, adnt he song doesn't add anything special to the album. But then, I heard the piano demo version of 1000 Doves, and immediately I recognized it as a beautiful and triumphant ballad. Gaga truly shines on this piano ballad song, and I think this is some of what Chromatica is missing for me. Roaring vocals, simple production, and that classic Gaga piano moment. 

Which version of the song do you prefer?

Make it stupid!

Daylight Jokers

I'm probably already repeating myself at this point, but the piano version of 1000 Doves is up there with the ASIB ballads (Is That Alright, ARUTW, INLA, Shallow). I like the album version, but I can't help but feel a little upset that it somehow butchered the chorus for that beat drop. 

Reality

I really love both of them. I alternating between listening to the piano version and the album version.

But considering that the piano verison is beating the hell out of the album version, I just voted for the album to even it out a little :sweat: 

🖤👹

alsemanche

The piano version is better by far. It actually makes sense. The album version's production sounds forced and doesn't fit the song at all. It was clearly intended to be a ballad but changed it to fit the dance theme of the album.

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Allan

It wasn't until I listened to the song for the second time that I realized how beautiful the melody on the chorus sounds. Maybe 1000 Doves was originally a ballad but they decided to give it a Chromatica-like production so it would fit the other songs, but to honor the original production she included the piano demo on the album. Kinda like 1000 Doves is Chromatica's Gypsy. The way she sings the verses make so much more sense in the piano version too.

DeanWinchester

The album version's anthemic chorus is so much more uplifting and highlights the theme of soaring despite adversity where as the piano's post chorus remains tonally frustrated. Yes, the piano verses are good but I prefer the post chorus of the album version.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

I love both of them. Objectively the piano version is more beautiful but the album version is so nostalgic to me, reminds me so much of when I was 10 years old in 2002 and was starting to get into electronic music.

S0436

The piano version showcases the song better but it would have been out of place on the album.  I agree that the dance break in the album version was a little lazy and it is as if they patched it together at the last minute; they should’ve used a more atmospheric sample without those synth vocals.

johnmonster

It's clear that the song was written as a piano ballad. The production feels forced in my opinion and the album version is a skip for me. But the piano version is absolutely gorgeous and I wish they added a subtle production to it, but kept it as a ballad. 

Reality
6 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

The piano version is better by far. It actually makes sense. The album version's production sounds forced and doesn't fit the song at all. It was clearly intended to be a ballad but changed it to fit the dance theme of the album.

I think that could've been said about a lot of songs though. I could've seen Fun Tonight, Plastic Doll, and maybe songs like Free Woman and Sine From Above as piano ballads too.

I think this is more so a testament to the album's quality that many songs can almost seamlessly straddle that line between ballad and high, upbeat production. 

🖤👹

Quartz

I love the album version. The post chorus o-o-o whoas are so liberating. It's like I'm up there flying with thousands of doves. I can't explain it, it's so magical.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

ElfieMartini

I understand why she put them both on the album tho.

She keeps saying it's her dancing through her pain and for me I didn't understand that as much as I did when I heard the piano demo. It really shows the transition she made with the music.

Taking a heartfelt meaningful song and putting an amazing beat on it with an incredible drop. For me it really shows how she's dancing through the pain.

That's not what I said, I asked you not to be one

Lucas

Album version! It sounds so sweet really

Also I love this song so much, it's the one on the album that I can relate the most to

Archived