💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

why did everyone hate Jo calderone?

PlasticDollGirl

Featured Posts

PlasticDollGirl

Why did everyone hate him? Oh I miss Jo Calderone, Do you think gaga will bring him back for an era or for a music video? It would be ICONIC. This performance was so amazing that night. I never used to like “you & I” I used to find this whole performance cringe, especially the Britney part :awkney: I was 16 and hated the whole country vibe but now I appreciate it looking back at this masterpiece. She’s so bad ass dressed as a man. 

you and i music video GIF by Lady Gaga

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GreenDiamond

me too! but I think that yuyi would fit soooo good in Chromatica era 

article-2056743-0EA456A900000578-991_102

PlasticDollGirl
2 minutes ago, GreenDiamond said:

me too! but I think that yuyi would fit soooo good in Chromatica era 

article-2056743-0EA456A900000578-991_102

Yesssssss 

RudraCNG

Why everybody seems to hate that performance? I think it was a super cool one, specially when the dancers join her

PlasticDollGirl
Just now, RudraCNG said:

Why everybody seems to hate that performance? I think it was a super cool one, specially when the dancers join her

I used to find it cringe but I’ve learnt to appreciate it looking back. Everyone was shocked that night 

joannesrats

I don't think so. As much as I loved it, it was only good for the time and it wouldn't really be adding anything to her character now. 

dynamite
24 minutes ago, Mill said:

Why did everyone hate him?

24 minutes ago, Mill said:

I never used to like “you & I” I used to find this whole performance cringe,

For the same reason you did :laughga:

DiskoBaby

People aren’t ready for drag kings yet. Gaga was ahead of her time doing that.

Ok I had no idea everyone found it "cringy"... I loved it and was one of the performances that made me stan her

PeachJug
1 minute ago, Kunst said:

Ok I had no idea everyone found it "cringy"... I loved it and was one of the performances that made me stan her

Same. I don't think everyone hated it actually.. Only a minority found it cringy or whatever, but most people thought it was an amazing performance (undoubtedly unique and captivating)

PlasticDollGirl
19 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

I don't think so. As much as I loved it, it was only good for the time and it wouldn't really be adding anything to her character now. 

I think everyone was freaked out in the audience, including celebs like Adele, Justin and Britney especially lol

KORG

It was great, and funny, but it was the start of Gaga's extreme overexposure that would eventually lead to the salty ice cold reception that ARTPOP received. 

In pop music, the reception of the previous era usually defines the success of the next.

For example, The Fame spawned super hits, so TFM was well received and luckily spawned some huge hits..
The success of BTW is massively down to the success of TFM and TMB combined, that's why it was so huge.
Then BTW era dragged on and on and her tour had to be cut short due to injury, which then lead to ARTPOP being poorly received due to overexposure and a perceived 'failure' of a tour. That's why it was so smart going into Jazz and soft-rock-folk-pop with Joanne, because it avoided comparison, and the eras were very short which reduced overexposure - the eras were also very different to her pop era.

Then when ASIB came, they appealed to a certain market for the movie, and got people saying "Gaga was actually good" amongst other things, which gave us the decent ASIB album - THEN the era got an Oscar and the public was influenced once more - they got Shallow and ASIB to number one.

Chromatica is a result of the great reception received by ASIB. The "What will she do next" factor. That's also why, since this album is getting rave reviews (and minimal uninformed comments), if this album has an extension and she isn't overexposed, then it could lead to the next album being a re-peak of TFM or BTW.

Jo was great, but the public was sick of Gaga.

Daylight Jokers

I love Jo! Her performance of You and I at the VMAs is one of my favorite performances from her. Jo reminds me of Jake Gyllenhaal.

Regina George

I don’t think anyone really hated him. They hated the fact that she came to the VMAs dressed as him and performed as him while giving kinda cringy intro.. People/fans wanted to see something theatrical, something like 2009 VMAs because that was her VMAs performance comeback and few days earlier she hinted it’ll be continuation of her 2009 performance at TRL.. Also people thought she’ll perform HML and GH because of that promo which was nothing like the actual performance.. That promo ended up being more iconic than the performance itself and it gave false hope to people. That’s why people are not really fans of Jo. 

Archived