celeb

Charlie Puth drags 'black boxes' posts, says it encourages white silence

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Bitch

Agreed. Black boxes on Instagram is really the lowest form of "activism". 

And it's not just dumb white people doing it:smh:

Gracious Gaga

He doesn’t get it. 
believe it or not- these black boxes speak VOLUMES when everyone is participating.  It is a sign of unity.  And it’s just for ONE DAY. get over it. Tomorrow you can go back to posting whatever you want.

but today is a moment of SILENCE for the lives lost.

♥ Kindness Police.

dollardays

He's right. The privileged were already silent and now they keep silent and uneducated with the mask of activism. 

BleepBloop

What's wrong with what he wrote? Posting black pictures is an excuse to not have to actively post about BLM. They are bullsh*t and don't do anything good to anyone. Sign petitions and donate

AlexanderMagno

It's one perspective, and a good one. A "blackout" is basically a silent protest for those that don't dare to riot on the streets. He wants a more proactive approach, ok fine.

BleepBloop
2 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

He doesn’t get it. 
believe it or not- these black boxes speak VOLUMES when everyone is participating.  It is a sign of unity.  And it’s just for ONE DAY. get over it. Tomorrow you can go back to posting whatever you want.

but today is a moment of SILENCE for the lives lost.

PLEASE. 3/4 of the people that I follow on Instagram haven't said SH*T about what is happening, but today they suddenly ALL care, when they can jump on another Instagram trend

Cookie Tookie

But when Azealia Banks says that reducing black lives to a black square on social media is for attention and minimizes the actual movement, y’all crucify her

Reality

I don't really understand this argument.

It's not like people haven't been spreading around information, signing petitions, donating, going to protests, etc.

This is literally the first time I've seen him talk about anything related to BLM. He shouldn't be talking. 

🃏🖤👹

RahrahWitch

I get how some people are seeing it come across that way but it's not just the box, It's also people collectively agreeing to not post anything at all to give the BLM Movement as much social media attention as it can.

It's just one method. People who are just posting and that's it, Yes that's doing the absolute bare minimum and that's a problem but many are using it as a sign of solidarity, giving attention to the movement while also helping in other ways.

Bradley
Just now, M Monstre said:

This is literally the first time I've seen him talk about anything related to BLM. He shouldn't be talking. 

Let's not do this.

Archived