💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lea Michele Exposed?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

spicedchy
29 minutes ago, Skrill said:

“I guess I’m a little more observant with the way women move. If I’m not already checking out women blatantly anyway, I’m now doing it with a sort of job requirement behind it. It’s not just me being a perv; it’s like, ‘Okay, so how are you walking? Okay.’ “ Playbill interview [source] (2015)

What the, is it me or is this awfully creepy and perversive behaviour but he's just making up an excuse for it?

The fact that he had to say “I’m not just being a perv,” says as much. Creepy af. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monster647
2 hours ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

You didn’t take note of the article i linked on Micro aggressions. Please educate yourself, or if you’re going to continue choosing not to with arrogance then do not quote me. Move around Little Racist! 

First of all, please be civil. Literal definition of a forum is medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Hence I can quote anyone I want. 

Furthermore, sharing a scholarly article on microaggression without carrying the burden of proof as an accuser means nothing. If you're accusing someone of something, you must carry the burden of explanation. Claiming an unsubstantiated academical highground by sharing a credible article doesn't do that because whys and hows of it exactly applies to this particular topic are not explained at all. 

I did my reading on the matter including the journal article you shared but I didn't stay limited to that. First of all, not all microaggressions refer to situations where there is a racist perpetrator instigating a discriminatory behaviour consciously. Microassaults sub-category refers to that which doesn't seem to be the case here. 

Derald Wing Sue, professor of psychology at Columbia, who is given as the source of reference for the majority of the points made in the journal article you shared (+ credited as the person who popularized the term 'microaggressions') has actually shared his own concerns about people taking the concept of micro-agressions the way you take it: 

Spoiler

https://www.chronicle.com/article/What-Happens-When-Your/236949

As he told The Chronicle of Higher Education:

He said he's glad colleges have found the research useful, but he is cautious about the institutions that are taking it as an absolute. Mr. Sue said his goal had always been to educate people, not punish or shame them, if they engage in microaggressions.

"I was concerned that people who use these examples would take them out of context and use them as a punitive rather than an exemplary way," Mr. Sue said. …

It's worth remembering, Mr. Sue said, that microaggressions don't always indicate that a person is racist. In fact, he said, it's often the opposite. "People who engage in microaggressions are oftentimes well-intentioned, decent individuals who aren't aware that they are engaging in an offensive way toward someone else," Mr. Sue said.

Within this context, one can explain Lea's behaviour (assuming that she has actually done those things) as an insensitive microaggression rooted in institutional racism every American individual gets exposed to different extents. But it does not mean she's a racist. 

That's not to say that Lea is NOT racist either because I personally don't know her. Unless you're someone who is close to Lea or this person who makes this claim, you do not know whether she's racist or not either. 

Lea is a regular at the restaurant I used to work at. She was almost always a MONSTER. Demanding her food and drinks the minute she sits down.  Demanding we make things that are not on the menu and getting mad when we can't accomodate her.  Every few times she came she would be nice (usually when she is with someone she wants to appear normal to) but even then its this very condescending "you're the help" nice.  

Its well known in the business that she is horrible, its why she barely gets any gigs nowadays.

Archived