đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LadyGaga.com Digital DL Quality= Top Notch

Born Brave

Featured Posts

Easy
20 minutes ago, Terrence said:

I have $400 Bose headphones and consider myself an audiophile, but after a decade I've come to the conclusion that is all bluff and gotten over the placebo effect of lossless quality marketing terms. I definitely think lossless has some merit due to it's unaltered nature, but the quality distinction between an iTunes track is so extremely subtle is pretty much nonexistent.

I think most Bose headphones use an in house DSP for that Bose sound, which means forward vocals, hi-cut, lo-cut. It’s is going to make all files sound the same after the process. If you would like to listen to what was intended to be heard, you need something that is much more analogue than a pair of Bose.

I personally use an Astell and Kern SP 2000 DAP and a Pair of JH-Audio Roxanne, which are know for their dynamic responses. Trust me, mp3 sounds compressed as usual and a 24bit WAV or DSD sound much wider and deeper in terms of soundstage and that’s only one of the many differences.

When it comes to speaker, I personally use Bowers and Wilkins 805 D3 and a Devialet amplifier, they are bookshelf speakers only but when I play mp3 and WAV, the most untrained ears can tell that one is blurry and one has more clarity. The extra sound information Is inaudible but can also be reproduced and detected with your skin and other sensory, therefore 300kbps is good enough for consumer grade listening but there are differences.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MetalGaga
1 minute ago, Terrence said:

Hmm sis, mastered track vs. lossless track? I don't think that's a thing.

Both the lossless and mp3'd are mastered before being deployed. mp3'd loses some of it dynamics which are not really distinguishable at that point since mp3 is still excellent quality.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I think we’re talking about the same thing but diff terminology. 

Recorded

mixed

mastered to lossless files from Gaga’s original mixdown

any mp3s on market were converted from the mastered lossless. 

giskardsb
1 minute ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

Vinyl sounds better. :classy:

Only on really excellent equipment.  Hipsters playing on crappy turntables and cheap powered speakers they bought at urban outfitters are getting crap 

Easy
Just now, giskardsb said:

Only on really excellent equipment.  Hipsters playing on crappy turntables and cheap powered speakers they bought at urban outfitters are getting crap 

Hipsters only go for that vintage flavor with Vinyl and call that superior sound. The other day I was talking to this hipster who claims to be a vinyl collector, I asked him about his phono amp and cartridge he didn’t even know what I meant. I totally agree with you that only with decent equipment you get the sound out of the vinyls 

giskardsb
8 minutes ago, Easy said:

Hipsters only go for that vintage flavor with Vinyl and call that superior sound. The other day I was talking to this hipster who claims to be a vinyl collector, I asked him about his phono amp and cartridge he didn’t even know what I meant. I totally agree with you that only with decent equipment you get the sound out of the vinyls 

As you mentioned above Soundstage is really where it's at and that takes a really good signal chain all the way through.  my rig is old school with some old but excellent infinity speakers.  I ran them underpowered for a long time and was shocked at the difference when I finally replaced the amp with a high current amp that could actually handle the speakers.   Besides having the power to  drive the speakers properly, the "speed" of the amp (quickness to react to signal changes)  is fantastic and suddenly the Soundstage was bigger and every instrument clearer and better separated.  It wasn't subtle at all. 

Easy
9 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

As you mentioned above Soundstage is really where it's at and that takes a really good signal chain all the way through.  my rig is old school with some old but excellent infinity speakers.  I ran them underpowered for a long time and was shocked at the difference when I finally replaced the amp with a high current amp that could actually handle the speakers.   Besides having the power to  drive the speakers properly, the "speed" of the amp (quickness to react to signal changes)  is fantastic and suddenly the Soundstage was bigger and every instrument clearer and better separated.  It wasn't subtle at all. 

Exactly, I used to power my bedroom KEF Q550 speakers which are entry level with Sonos Amp and thought the quality was alright. I got a Devialet Expert Pro for the living room so I brought my Naim Uniti to the bedroom and hooked up with my KEFs. Despite the lower power output on the Naim, they still got a whole lot more headroom and it feels like the whole soundstage expanded by 2 times. It’s not only the power sometimes, the type of amplifier also affects and apparently the Class D in a Sonos Amp sucks! I really want to try something Class A but I still went for the Devialet for the tech I swear to god that piece of thin metal is a beast!

giskardsb
22 minutes ago, Easy said:

Exactly, I used to power my bedroom KEF Q550 speakers which are entry level with Sonos Amp and thought the quality was alright. I got a Devialet Expert Pro for the living room so I brought my Naim Uniti to the bedroom and hooked up with my KEFs. Despite the lower power output on the Naim, they still got a whole lot more headroom and it feels like the whole soundstage expanded by 2 times. It’s not only the power sometimes, the type of amplifier also affects and apparently the Class D in a Sonos Amp sucks! I really want to try something Class A but I still went for the Devialet for the tech I swear to god that piece of thin metal is a beast!

Class D is for low weight and cool running high power but not so much audio quality, although modern carefully engineered ones for audio sound good. My Yamaha is a modified form of class A.   True class A is awesome but runs hot since the amps are basically on full power all the time.  Great for guitar amps too tho ( can you say Brian May, Queen?)

just another gay
2 hours ago, sabatini said:

Man I bought the physical version but the DL link is only sent to US costumers :interestinga:

Same... but also dont know why I feel I need it since I have been listening to the album thru spotify via a google home mini speaker LOL

#tragic

I think I need to pay more respect to the masterpiece.

Archived