💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LadyGaga.com Digital DL Quality= Top Notch

Born Brave

Featured Posts

MetalGaga
20 minutes ago, Born Brave said:

I mean you don’t have to, most people are generally not picky with quality anyway but there is a difference just like there’s a difference between 1080p and 4K resolution on a screen. 

I think you have some terminology mixed up here. 16 bit doesn’t mean compression. This is dynamic range, noise floor stuff. 

The CD is lossless. 

The question here is did Gaga’s team brick wall the album on the cd. I did not buy the cd so I do not know. Out of convenience I bought it from amazon, which are 320 mp3s. Doesn’t sound crushed. 

There is so much that goes into this and most don’t care. Just look at all the YouTube reaction channels listening to a bass heavy dance album on their iPhones. 

Rain On Me GIF by Lady Gaga

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb
6 minutes ago, MetalGaga said:

There is so much that goes into this and most don’t care. Just look at all the YouTube reaction channels listening to a bass heavy dance album on their iPhones. 

yet another reason not to trust any of those reactors that can' be bothered to care about sound quality when reviewing music.

MetalGaga
11 minutes ago, castrx said:

https://imgur.com/a/6hJMlpw

The digital download is over 400mbs is because each file has a huge PNG cover art. These are just standard 320 kbps mp3s

This bihh images are bigger than the mp3s. Love it. 

lady gaga smile GIF

Terrence
1 hour ago, Born Brave said:

That’s a misconception which is based on average and modest sound within a room setting with other ambient noise competing  wave length upon wave length.
When experiencing music directly with headphones(of any kind actually), the disparity is greater and noticeable, especially at higher volumes. 

I have $400 Bose headphones and consider myself an audiophile, but after a decade I've come to the conclusion that is all bluff and gotten over the placebo effect of lossless quality marketing terms. I definitely think lossless has some merit due to it's unaltered nature, but the quality distinction between an iTunes track is so extremely subtle is pretty much nonexistent.

KURUSHITOVSKA

So has a 48.000 Hz 24 bit version been released? That would be actually HQ audio. A 320kbps mp3 will never be HQ audio. And you can have even a better quality audio like 98.000 Hz but if you don't have a HiRes player and good speakers you won't notice any difference. Also make sure you have your audio output from your PC properly configured

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

MetalGaga
Just now, Terrence said:

I have $400 Bose headphones and consider myself an audiophile, but after a decade I've come to the conclusion that is all bluff and gotten over the placebo effect of lossless quality marketing terms. I'd definitely think lossless is better, but the quality can be so subtle is almost nonexistent.

That’s because song writing, dynamics and a great mix matters. Gaga works with mega money for what her and her team consider the best mix. It doesn’t matter if you’re listening at a 32 bit float point in the best treated studio room in front of the most expensive monitors in the world if the song is recorded like crap and mixed like garbo. 

a lot of people don’t even realize a lot of headphones are sold with built in EQ that alters the sound of the stuff they are listening to. 

big money in all of it.

Terrence
20 minutes ago, castrx said:

https://imgur.com/a/6hJMlpw

The digital download is over 400mbs is because each file has a huge PNG cover art. These are just standard 320 kbps mp3s

15 minutes ago, Memento said:

the big ass placebo effect OP had... lmaoooooooooooooo

giphy-downsized-large.gif

MetalGaga
3 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

So has a 48.000 Hz 24 bit version been released? That would be actually HQ audio. A 320kbps mp3 will never be HQ audio. And you can have even a better quality audio like 98.000 Hz but if you don't have a HiRes player and good speakers you won't notice any difference. Also make sure you have your audio output from your PC properly configured

Highly doubt the label cares about releasing this. 

Terrence
2 minutes ago, MetalGaga said:

That’s because song writing, dynamics and a great mix matters. Gaga works with mega money for what her and her team consider the best mix. It doesn’t matter if you’re listening at a 32 bit float point in the best treated studio room in front of the most expensive monitors in the world if the song is recorded like crap and mixed like garbo. 

a lot of people don’t even realize a lot of headphones are sold with built in EQ that alters the sound of the stuff they are listening to. 

big money in all of it.

I don't understand your response. Yes, Gaga has great production, writing and mixing. And yes, many headphones come with default EQs.

RAMROD

That is because it is high quality. :sis:

No regular MP3 format downloads would get to 380ish MB in one zip/rar file. :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

giskardsb
12 minutes ago, KURUSHITOVSKA said:

Hdtracks has 48/24 flac for Chromatica. 

Apple digital masters (mastered for iTunes) are also supposed to be at least 48/24 but you can't download that resolution. Also I've read that many times the tracks sent to Apple have been pretty lazily converted to meet requirements but don't actually take advantage of the bit depth. 

And as others have mentioned without proper audio equipment you won't hear it.  

MetalGaga
1 minute ago, Terrence said:

I don't understand your response. Yes, Gaga has great production, writing and mixing. And yes, many headphones come with default EQs.

There is a considerable diff to a Gaga mastered track in mp3 vs a lossless file, IMO. It’s late and I rambled. 

Terrence
5 minutes ago, MetalGaga said:

There is a considerable diff to a Gaga mastered track in mp3 vs a lossless file, IMO. It’s late and I rambled. 

Hmm sis, mastered track vs. lossless track?

Both the lossless and mp3'd are mastered before being deployed. mp3'd loses some of it dynamics which are not really humanly distinguishable at that point since mp3 is still excellent quality.

And yes, it is late.

Daylight Jokers

I bought the bundle but realized the digital DL was for US citizens only. :triggered:

MANiCURE 6

Vinyl sounds better. :classy:

Spoiler

Yes I'm made that I haven't received any download links cause I live in France. :bradley:

Archived