💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What does sine really mean?

Hebi

Featured Posts

Hebi

First of all I'm not an english-speaker, that's why I'm asking this kind of question.

I've searched all over the internet but I can't get a definition that fully satisfies me. :awkney: and without knowing what it means I can't understand the phrase "Sine from above". Does it mean "sign", "syne", "the trigonometric function that is equal to the ratio of the side opposite a given angle (in a right-angled triangle) to the hypotenuse"? :huh:

help :huntyga:

It’s originally a mathematic term, but the way Gaga uses it has to do with music. It’s a waveform.

Music Term: Sine wave

The waveform that would be obtained from a vibrating source that was vibrating at just one frequency, for a pure tone.

That’s why that wavy line inside a circle is evident throughout all of her Chromatica promo, it’s a sine!

PlasticDollGirl

It means she saw a sign like billboard poster 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Hebi
3 minutes ago, Archduchess said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sine_wave 

and rhymes with sign

1 minute ago, MEM said:

It’s originally a mathematic term, but the way Gaga uses it has to do with music. It’s a waveform.

Music Term: Sine wave

The waveform that would be obtained from a vibrating source that was vibrating at just one frequency, for a pure tone.

That’s why that wavy line inside a circle is evident throughout all of her Chromatica promo, it’s a sine!

A concept.

Thank youuu:kara: now everything makes sense

YuyiGaga

basically she looked up to the sky and saw nothing but then she heard a sine or sound and it healed her

sine like sine wave which is what music looks like (sound is a wave)

JRCF29

My pre-calc teacher was very hype to learn about the existence of this song

Don't Call Me Gaga

BlackCrown

Someone gave me a very detailed answer when I asked the same question in the Chromatica thread, I can search for it ! :flower:

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

27monster27

I knew mathematically what Sine meant, but learning about how it is used for sound and in the album really puts another perspective on the album. Chromatica definitely has one the best concepts for an album.

he/him/his

Xoxo Adriana

i think she explained the definition of sine as well as the song on spotify, if you swipe down on the song, it says: “sine is a function that expresses sound”

you can find more info about it on the spotify version of the album, each track goes through thorough detail of it!:firega:

BlackCrown

Quoting @ICouldntThinkOfOne

Its a mathematical function that appears as a wave on a graph chart. it can be a single frequency sound. 

In the context of Sine from Above, its used in place of the word 'Sign', as in a visual representation, referring to an act of divine intervention; a sign from above. 

In the Zane Lowe interview, she spoke about how she pushed through trauma and recovery and the music saved her.

She also referenced a theory that our existence in the universe (or some people could argue, God), started as a single Universal sound, and then the sound split into two, and from the chain reaction started that lead to where we are now. Before it, there was nothing else.

So, in the song, Gaga at her lowest, had a moment of awakening when she discovered her passion for this kind of music; like a divine intervention, and it started a healing process, one that lead to love and recovery.

I hope that explains it.

:vegas:

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

Archived