💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Babylon is her Toxic

chromaticainmyhead

Featured Posts

chromaticainmyhead

Never has a Gaga song been more camp and at the same time in its essence screamed GAGA so much as it does with „Babylon“!  

It is instantly recognizable as a classic Gaga song thanks to the iconic musical production and the lyrics. „Ancient city style“ is so unique and funny that people who normally won’t listen to Gaga or pop music in general just think „Yeah it‘s Gaga, but WHO CARES IT IS AWESOME!“ that leaves them dancing with a good feeling, a feeling maybe a lot of people have when they hear Toxic by Britney Spears coming on on the dancefloor.

The production is a mix of ARTPOP in its core but I also hear influence from her debut album, it could also be seen as a modern version from a song off TFM but it is also as rebellious and BIG as a track from BTW. All those features put together she created a piece of music that is a standalone masterpiece when put it into the context of Chromatica and her vision behind it. She morphed the message of „let ’em talk“ with the „battle for your life“ echo into the exotic world of Babylon, the epic tower of Babel (ugh! her mind) with rebellious Ball Culture into a modern day voguing earworm provoking the Madonna comparisons. Everything put in a song that sets place in a hot, moist, sweaty jungle atmosphere that is mysterious given all the looks you have to endure when you are in this jungle.

The lyrics are twisted and playful and perfectly work within the melody and transport the humurous „gossipy“ aspect of the song. And as the album ends with this song, it leaves you with a smile on your face that nothing can stop you because you know  „IT IS A MOOD“ and I can totally see this being a single. In fact, if her team positions the single release carefully with an epic music video with good timing I believe this could be her next song she‘ll be associated just as it happens with Bad Romance, Just Dance, Shallow etc that people recognize immediately and enjoy no matter what.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

derpmonster

I don't agree that it's her Toxic but I do agree with a lot of your points.

It's her campiest for sure and a very fun song. Very Gaga. Maybe the Haus Labs version is more like Toxic.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Argentum

i didn't even read. i just reacted with yaaaas

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

TimisaMonster

L....O.....L:billie:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Chris Thomason

Don't get me wrong i love Babylon and her word play but the Madonna comparisons are exactly why i don't want Babylon as a single. We've gotten passed this now, don't fuel an old fire. It has a nod to Vogue and I'm not saying she's a copycat but do you think the GP will see it that way?

derpmonster

I don't want it as a single but I want a video with ballroom dancing and vogueing. Madonna didn't invent that obviously. It was a huge part of black LGBTQ culture which is why I hope dancers belonging to that demographic are also featured.

She already did choreo from the Madonna Vogue video in Applause - after the whole feud started. It won't matter.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

River

Her toxic is her fans :billie:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Blastertoyo

So her “most Gaga song” is the equivalent of a Britney song 

sure jan GIFsure jan GIF

please enlighten me to death

GooberChill
25 minutes ago, Argentum said:

i didn't even read. i just reacted with yaaaas

same 

vogue GIF by Alex Bedder

SHALLOW
29 minutes ago, Argentum said:

i didn't even read. i just reacted with Lmao

:ohwell:

JunoCassandra

Babylon sweetie I am so sorry......:oprah:

Rain is stored in my Boobs... literally.

Archived