Madonna should have supported Gaga in 2011-2012

Rino

Featured Posts

Rino

YAAAAS, ROM IS #1

tumblr_cdf8a90fb0c9955938da2ee17d1e8caf_

love u Gaga, love u Ari :heart:

anyway, I was thinking

does anyone wonder if Madonna regrets now that she missed her chance to collab with Gaga back in the day? 

I mean look at Gaga and Ari now. their careers are somewhat similar to how Madonna's and Gaga's career were back in early 10's: Madonna - a veteran act, Gaga - a breakout rookie on a streak of success, like Ariana is now. . 

I wonder what if in 2011-2012 Madonna chose to be more supportive of Gaga by inviting her for a collab the same way Gags is doing it now for Ariana Grande? I wonder how it would have reflected upon Gaga's career. 

I mean I don't think it would have much effect on Madonna's career, but the way Madonna behaved had quite a negative effect on Gaga.

if only Madonna chose to be a bit kinder and more supportive of our little girl back in 2011-2012. who knows maybe Gaga wouldn't have to suffer through ARTPOP-like era where she felt like she wasn't supported by the industry.

I know Madge and Gaga are on seemingly good terms now, but I'm just wondering how things could have been different if people just chose to be a bit kinder to each other. 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JRCF29
6 minutes ago, Rino said:

I mean look at Gaga and Ari now. their careers are somewhat similar to how Madonna's and Gaga's career were back in early 10's: Madonna - a veteran act, Gaga - a breakout rookie on a streak of success, like Ariana is now. . 

I mean, Gaga is not as far into her career at this point as Madonna was in 2011

I do agree that Madonna felt threatened by Gaga's rise, and I do think a collab between the two would have been beneficial for Madonna, but maybe not for Gaga; I feel like it would have stigmatized her even more as a "Madonna knock-off"

Don't Call Me Gaga

Support would have always been great (which I feel like she did actually show before 2011) of course. They seem to have made up with each other since then as well so that's nice.

However, I just have never seen a chance of them doing a collab. At least not in music. Even though they're compared so often I think it's because of their activism and influence not their actual artistry. They are just too different as musicians for a collab to make sense. And that's ok. 

Also I think it's weird to call Ari "a breakout rookie" when she's literally been in the industry only a few years less than Gaga.

AModSquad

I think Madonna was pretty supportive pre-reductive-comment.

I have theories about the reductive/competitive "feud" - Both of their managers worked together at the same time this happened - When you pit artists against each other, leads to alittle bit of competition amongst fans and next thing you know both are spiking in sales, etc.  Who knows.  Maybe it was planned and didnt work out as well.

PlasticDollGirl

Don’t hate on Madonna, they are friends now! Stop dragging this up :toofunny:

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

derpmonster
55 minutes ago, Halle said:

However, I just have never seen a chance of them doing a collab. At least not in music. Even though they're compared so often I think it's because of their activism and influence not their actual artistry. They are just too different as musicians for a collab to make sense. And that's ok. 

Agreed. Their looks can be similar but they're very different people and musicians. Their music couldn't be more different honestly. Talking in a song doesn't mean she's like Madonna.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

GooberChill
3 minutes ago, Mill said:

Lady Gaga literally went to Madonna's place after last year's Oscars. I think get got Taco Bell after that. :ladyhaha: Water under the bridge. 

vixdean
9 minutes ago, Mill said:

Yes, please. Let's all move on. This thread will just lead to negativity.

Let's not be in GGD like some of the very problematic monsters and Madonna fans on twitter and other forums (that will not be named), which just keep fuelling this supposed feud. I know many die hard Madonna fans who are also huge Gaga fans, and vice-versa.

Let's do like Gaga and M, and just move on.

hardcore1996
3 minutes ago, GooberChill said:

Lady Gaga literally went to Madonna's place after last year's Oscars. I think get got Taco Bell after that. :ladyhaha: Water under the bridge. 

but she didnt bring madge to taco bell or bring her back any. fake friend exposed

GooberChill
1 minute ago, hardcore1996 said:

but she didnt bring madge to taco bell or bring her back any. fake friend exposed

Thats tru only REAL friends share a gordita crunch >:(

DeanWinchester

Madonna supported Gaga in the Fame. Madonna could not have played BTW in her tour without Gaga or her team's approval. Madonna namedropped Gaga in Rebel Heart album. Gaga went to Madonna's after Oscars party. Thank u, next.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5bc1968970b-pi

I still want that collab though.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Lady Ganja

Im pretty positive thinking that gaga and mdna will have a collab sometimes in the future... okay at least on planet chromatica

Lady Ganja

jajagaga1896

Once Gaga started becoming an actual threat, Madonna lost her senses and handles the entire situation terribly. It stung for Gaga for a little bit, but now everyone sees Gaga is a true artist and musician and Madonna is just one of the many hats she can wear - and make them all her own! Madonna may have 30 years in the industry, but she could have had way more star power into the new age had she shown a little support and kindness when it counted...but what goes around comes around. 

AModSquad
2 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

Madonna supported Gaga in the Fame. Madonna could not have played BTW in her tour without Gaga or her team's approval. Madonna namedropped Gaga in Rebel Heart album. Gaga went to Madonna's after Oscars party. Thank u, next.

6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a5bc1968970b-pi

I still want that collab though.

so i Agree with pretty much everything you said here and want to add alittle more.  So i think Madonna CAN perform a gaga song on tour without permission BUT Madonna ALSO RELEASED it for sale on CD/Blu-ray etc and THAT needs permission and licensing and so on.

Gaga's monster ball for instance didnt include any of the samples on the DVD release - Im going by memory - its been so long but I think the beginning of the monster ball had cece penistons Finally - that was gone on the release.

Madonna herself sang her song, love dont live here anymore on her rebel heart tour but because its a cover of a rolls royce song, it wasnt included on her rebel heart CD/DVD/ETC.

Madonna’s never been supportive of younger artists. Fact. She’s fairly conceited and just comes out with bitchy remarks. Cher saw through her 30 years ago...

Madonna uses people for exposure though when it suits her only (i.e trendy collabs, latching on to Katy for photoshoots when Katy was at her peak, doing the SNL ski with Gaga). She soon changed her tune on Gaga when she felt threatened or thought she owned a particular disco chord progression and needed some public attention. She even threw some random dissy shade just before the Oscars about the 100 people in a room thing.

Anyways. I’d like to move on, even the shitty Madonna fans don’t. This feud is tired. 
I hope they stay friends now and Madonna tries to keep it that way. Because the feud was incredibly one-sided.

Archived