💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonna should have supported Gaga in 2011-2012

Rino

Featured Posts

Judas Society
3 hours ago, Halle said:

Support would have always been great (which I feel like she did actually show before 2011) of course. They seem to have made up with each other since then as well so that's nice.

However, I just have never seen a chance of them doing a collab. At least not in music. Even though they're compared so often I think it's because of their activism and influence not their actual artistry. They are just too different as musicians for a collab to make sense. And that's ok. 

Also I think it's weird to call Ari "a breakout rookie" when she's literally been in the industry only a few years less than Gaga.

I mean, Gaga and Ari could not be any more different as artists. I see more similarities between Gaga and Madonna.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AModSquad
58 minutes ago, Rio said:

Madonna’s never been supportive of younger artists. Fact. She’s fairly conceited and just comes out with bitchy remarks. Cher saw through her 30 years ago...

Madonna uses people for exposure though when it suits her only (i.e trendy collabs, latching on to Katy for photoshoots when Katy was at her peak, doing the SNL ski with Gaga). She soon changed her tune on Gaga when she felt threatened or thought she owned a particular disco chord progression and needed some public attention. She even threw some random dissy shade just before the Oscars about the 100 people in a room thing.

Anyways. I’d like to move on, even the shitty Madonna fans don’t. This feud is tired. 
I hope they stay friends now and Madonna tries to keep it that way. Because the feud was incredibly one-sided.

This isnt completely accurate - some elements are but heres some fact checking for you.

Madonna’s never been supportive of younger artists. - So i partially agree with you here.  She has said nice things about young artists for years - you can look up her comments on the spice girls, Britney, Katy, Taylor and more.  Broad brush strokes like this just arent fair.

I do think she loves to also latch on to these artists for her own relevance and thats fine - everyone does it - Beyonce just got her 7th #1 with Meg Thee Stallion, right?

As for Katy, some would argue M helped launch her career - it was on a radio show with (cant remember his name but the host of american idol) and he asked her what she was listening to at the moment and Katy hadnt even released her first album yet, just her EP if im not mistaken, and Madonna said Katy Perry's name.  Look it up. ;-)

vixdean
1 hour ago, Rio said:

Madonna’s never been supportive of younger artists. Fact. She’s fairly conceited and just comes out with bitchy remarks. Cher saw through her 30 years ago...

Madonna uses people for exposure though when it suits her only (i.e trendy collabs, latching on to Katy for photoshoots when Katy was at her peak, doing the SNL ski with Gaga). She soon changed her tune on Gaga when she felt threatened or thought she owned a particular disco chord progression and needed some public attention. She even threw some random dissy shade just before the Oscars about the 100 people in a room thing.

Anyways. I’d like to move on, even the shitty Madonna fans don’t. This feud is tired. 
I hope they stay friends now and Madonna tries to keep it that way. Because the feud was incredibly one-sided.

Let me correct that. Madonna’s always been supportive of younger artists. Fact. 

Here are the receipts:

So yeah, it’s time to stop peddling that fake narrative. “Oh, Madonna is mean.” “Oh, she’s not supportive of other female artists.”

History can’t be rewritten despite of what people might want to believe to fit their narrative.

Claims that she is not supportive are absolutely and utterly untrue. These just come from monsters as a way of placing Gaga as a victim, and Madonna as the vilain in their supposed feud. 

You could say that she wasn’t supportive of Gaga, but even that isn’t entirely true. Madonna attended one of Gaga’s very early shows in NY, she did the SNL skit when the comparisons started being made by the media, and she praised her many many times. The reductive situation just became a thing much later, and was the only time when Madonna made a less positive comment about BTW. 

11 hours ago, AModSquad said:

This isnt completely accurate - some elements are but heres some fact checking for you.

Madonna’s never been supportive of younger artists. - So i partially agree with you here.  She has said nice things about young artists for years - you can look up her comments on the spice girls, Britney, Katy, Taylor and more.  Broad brush strokes like this just arent fair.

I do think she loves to also latch on to these artists for her own relevance and thats fine - everyone does it - Beyonce just got her 7th #1 with Meg Thee Stallion, right?

As for Katy, some would argue M helped launch her career - it was on a radio show with (cant remember his name but the host of american idol) and he asked her what she was listening to at the moment and Katy hadnt even released her first album yet, just her EP if im not mistaken, and Madonna said Katy Perry's name.  Look it up. ;-)

Sorry but I am not pinning Katy's successes on Madonna mentioning Katy's name in some forgotten interview, I can't đŸ˜«. No one has heard of that interview, I certainly haven't. đŸ˜«

Appreciate your response tho xoxx She's a funny character to debate. I've never been able to make my mind up on her.

Mr S

Gaga and Ariana are not that far apart. Ariana and Britney would be a better age comparable.

Also, if Madonna asked for a collab today, LG probably says yes anyway

Regardless whether or not Madonna would have dissed Gaga or not, I don’t think Gaga would have been able to help her become relevant in these times. Unfortunately Madonna’s time is over as big pop artist, but she is a legend though.

Dramatica

Two goddesses

madonna-1557160289.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.801

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

pedrohemg

She would never because Gaga was treated like a queen since the first day. She'd never accept to be Madonna's princess as Britney did. Gaga is and always will be a queen. And Madonna must accept to share her crown.

tomsches

Honestly, the feud has been good promo and marketing for both of them. People will always remember the comparisons. The Gaga/Madonna comparisons are actually kind of iconic. And both artists are in a good place as artists, so I don't care.

pedrohemg

I remember Madonna saying in an interview something like "I don't think Gaga wanted to stole my crown". She sees Gaga as a threat.

JusKeepBreathin

Madonna doesn't have to do anything. Gaga has maybe three albums that are as good as Madonna's worst albums. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I think Madonna saying "reductive" once in an interview was not as character defining as some might imagine, especially considering Madonna was supportive of Gaga before, and after, the reductive comment. I think Gaga might not have been 100% accurate in her Jay Leno interview when she said Madonna gave her love and support on behalf of the song. Gaga might have just emailed her manager or something, so Madonna was shading her because of that.

MyQueen

I think M does not care for that anymore!

She had a great decade......sold out tours and scandals!

madonna-money.gif

MyQueen
9 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

I remember Madonna saying in an interview something like "I don't think Gaga wanted to stole my crown". She sees Gaga as a threat.

Give us the link.....I never heard this!

Archived