💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Turns 10: Robyn - Dancing On My Own

COOOK

Featured Posts

COOOK

On this day in 2010, Robyn unleashed “Dancing On My Own” as the lead single from Body Talk Pt. 1

The song that was heralded as an instant classic upon arrival. Music blogs, at the height of their relevance, frothed at the mouth, critics swooned and Robyn found herself with a chart hit in Europe. It even threatened to catch on in the US — spending a couple of agonizing weeks on the Bubbling Under chart. (Despite never cracking the Billboard Hot 100, “Dancing On My Own” was ultimately certified platinum by the RIAA). What was the appeal? Well, this is the perfect storm of icy, electronic production and gut-wrenching emotion.

Over time, “Dancing On My Own” has been elevated to God-tier status. It is the gold standard for electro-pop and opened the door for a rush of Scandinavian artists to make their mark around the globe. Even a mega-successful cover by Calum Scott couldn’t dull the original’s shine. In fact, it just introduced Robyn to a whole new audience. Revisit the saddest, loneliest banger of the 2010s below. Pop music doesn’t get any better.

https://www.idolator.com/7911112/robyns-seminal-dancing-on-my-own-turns-10?view-all&safari=1&Exc_D_LessThanPoint002_p1=1

Interlude

We stan this devastating bop. :vegas:

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

xdxrovied

I've been thinking about revisiting body talk after getting the same electro emotional pop vibes from chromatica.

specially 911 and plastic doll

Hybrid AT

This is the original "crying and dancing at the same time" banger :heart:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Archived