Is Babylon shade to Madonna?

David Ward

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
itschino1
35 minutes ago, Runway said:

Just because she said “serve it ancient city style” doesn’t mean madonna. There tons of other old women out there :billie:

I just spit out my matcha! I can't! LOL!!!!

TMM90

Please stop if. They hung out after the Oscars for God’s sake. Gaga has been very vocal about her NY attitude towards Madonna. 

Musicisfreedom
38 minutes ago, Runway said:

Just because she said “serve it ancient city style” doesn’t mean madonna. There tons of other old women out there :billie:

Tacky.

OP: I don't think it's about Madonna. I don't think she would make a song that sounds so similar to Vogue to shade Madonna. I think it's a nod to her, if anything. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

MonsterofFame

I think it's a wink to Madonna and a test. Every lyric and sound by Gaga is very intentional with her music. The fact that this song is almost more like Vogue than BTW was like Express Yourself seems to be at least a test to see if Madonna's apology was sincere. A test to see if she will be okay with another homage to her music, or if it will be called "reductive" again.

It could also be an FU to the media and fans who fueled the feud -- her way of saying "I'm gonna do it again, I don't care!"

I also took some of Gaga's comments during her Zane Apple Music interview to be a reference to Madonna. Specifically when said that she never had a major female in the music industry mentor her, and how difficult that made it for her. I don't think she was intentionally shading Madonna, but that fact that Madonna did nothing still makes her look bad.

FentyGa

if this was taylor swift, it would be, which i’d love but gaga’s not calculated like that

Battle 4 Ur Life
43 minutes ago, ice bear said:

:sharon: where is this from?

oscars or golden globes probably

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

S0436

Bloodpop produced about 4 tracks for Rebelheart so I don’t think he is looking to shade her.

Lion Heart

I hope so. 

happy youtube GIF

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Hades

No. Gaga is not a salty person.

The song isn't even as great or iconic as Vogue to be compared to it anyways. :rip:

Bonkers
39 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

Please stop if. They hung out after the Oscars for God’s sake. Gaga has been very vocal about her NY attitude towards Madonna. 

Actually, it's great that Gaga & Madonna want to be friends.

But Madonna never apologized to us for attacking Lady Gaga.

tumblr_mrtn5eKg6a1s1te62o1_250.gif

Does that look like a friendly thing to do?  Look at her *face* in that gif.  Reveling in being nasty, mean, childish, a bully.

Madonna is one of very few people who knows what it's like to be a young woman coming up in a really tough business.  Instead of being nice she made a CHOICE to be petty.

Then, she went on a world tour, where in front of literally hundreds of thousands of fans - and more on YouTube (and Entertainment Tonight, lol) and she mocked Born This Way by supposedly exposing it was "stolen" from her, and then she went into "She's not me" for the purpose of taunting and mocking Lady Gaga.

Now, sure they've "made up" - but do you REALLY think Madonna would have made up if her attempts to hurt her had actually worked and Gaga disappeared into insignifigance?

Anyone who wants to be kind to Madonna is welcome to. That's a nice thing to be forgiving.  

But don't act like Madonna, as an adult woman in her 50's didn't make an intentional choice to try to hurt and humiliate a young woman.  Because that's what happened, and those of us who are still offended by it have the right. 

:applause:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

KevinWright

Madonna is not following anymore Gaga on insta. I don't know if 'Babylon' is the reason tho :oprah:

TMM90
52 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Actually, it's great that Gaga & Madonna want to be friends.

But Madonna never apologized to us for attacking Lady Gaga.

tumblr_mrtn5eKg6a1s1te62o1_250.gif

Does that look like a friendly thing to do?  Look at her *face* in that gif.  Reveling in being nasty, mean, childish, a bully.

Madonna is one of very few people who knows what it's like to be a young woman coming up in a really tough business.  Instead of being nice she made a CHOICE to be petty.

Then, she went on a world tour, where in front of literally hundreds of thousands of fans - and more on YouTube (and Entertainment Tonight, lol) and she mocked Born This Way by supposedly exposing it was "stolen" from her, and then she went into "She's not me" for the purpose of taunting and mocking Lady Gaga.

Now, sure they've "made up" - but do you REALLY think Madonna would have made up if her attempts to hurt her had actually worked and Gaga disappeared into insignifigance?

Anyone who wants to be kind to Madonna is welcome to. That's a nice thing to be forgiving.  

But don't act like Madonna, as an adult woman in her 50's didn't make an intentional choice to try to hurt and humiliate a young woman.  Because that's what happened, and those of us who are still offended by it have the right. 

:applause:

Thanks for the speech luv, I agree on EVERYTHING you just said. What in my comment implied otherwise?

Archived