💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Has Lost Her Lyrical Fire

jprince99x

Featured Posts

jprince99x
Just now, CautiousLurker said:

However, most songs do a decent enough job not to take away from the experience for me - most of all I enjoy the groove, the mood, the sound, and Gaga's work usually really delivers on that front... Those things are more important to me, but I can see why people wouldn't find this album interesting if they prefer writing that's a lot more sprawling and intricate :vegas: 

This!! And as I stated in my OP, I love this album!

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like it actually. I usually don't know what she's saying. It's fun when a Gaga song feels like a puzzle, but I still don't know what a song like Bloody Mary is actually about, and I think that at this stage in her life it would've come across as immature to try to pop in all the references and difficult words she usually does. But I might be biased. English is my second language, and I've never been able to actually hear the words someone sings very well. Chromatica is very well-articulated, uses simpler words, the metaphors are really quite simple (sometimes even cliche, like plastic doll), but they reflect emotions and messages that I feel aren't as common in pop music. I also loved songs like Bloody Mary, but after almost ten years I still don't know what the song is actually about, what the references mean. I still don't know the lyrics to the bridge of HML, because it's not articulated well. To me, Chromatica shows Gaga maturing as an artist: opening up emotionally, while no longer feeling the need to show off her intelligence or Bible knowledge.

Mitchey

This is her first album where I haven’t cringed hard at some lyrics, specifically from BTW and ARTPOP. I’ve never been this impressed lyrically from Gaga. She’s pouring her poetic heart out and it’s beautiful. 

“Turnin' up emotional faders
Keep repeating self-hating phrases
I have heard enough of these voices
Almost like I have no choice
This is biological stasis
My mood's shifting to manic places
Wish I laughed and kept the good friendships
Watch life, here I go again

Keep my dolls inside diamond boxes
Save 'em 'til I know I'm gon' drop this
Front I've built around my oasis
Paradise is in my hands
Holdin' on so tight to this status
It's not real, but I'll try to grab it
Keep myself in beautiful places
Paradise is in my hands”

I mean .. seriously?

Lady Ganja

i think she is adjusting lyrics to younger audiences since joanne

Lady Ganja

DavidLuis198

I also see that maybe, being that the songs are so personal on her struggles, maybe she wrote and didn't refined them as much later, to no lose some of the rawness and sincerity of them. That also why this album is so easy to identify to

I don't know how to write in english

sethrb101

Before I even read this, I simply HAVE to disagree with the title. 

This is by far her most personal and raw album yet. The lyrics are one of the standouts

#Gaga2020

CheapGin
43 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

For those of you who are saying you love these lyrics, please show me and tell me what you love about them! I really want to warm up to these lyrics but so far I just can't get into them.

Fun Tonight-

"Love the Paparazzi love the Fame

Even though you know it causes me pain

I feel like im in a prison hell

Stick my arms through the steel bars and yell"

References her earlier career, potential traumas leftover from them but the expectation to return to those styles, could also reference her reality as a celebrity, but that can't be detached from her analysis on celebrity and fame from her earlier albums. Also, the cage she is in here in Chromatica I is presumably the same cage she is liberated from in Chromatica III via 1000 Doves which shows thoughtful and cohesive lyrical themes that encourage multiple interpretations upon multiple listens.

jprince99x
1 minute ago, sethrb101 said:

Before I even read this, I simply HAVE to disagree with the title. 

This is by far her most personal and raw album yet. The lyrics are one of the standouts

Read this quoted post and my reply

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

LadyInsecto
Just now, CheapGin said:

Fun Tonight-

"Love the Paparazzi love the Fame

Even though you know it causes me pain

I feel like im in a prison hell

Stick my arms through the steel bars and yell"

References her earlier career, potential traumas leftover from them but the expectation to return to those styles, could also reference her reality as a celebrity, but that can't be detached from her analysis on celebrity and fame from her earlier albums. Also, the cage she is in here in Chromatica I is presumably the same cage she is liberated from in Chromatica III via 1000 Doves which shows thoughtful and cohesive lyrical themes that encourage multiple interpretations upon multiple listens.

Fun Tonight is about Carino. In this lyrics, she is saying he was obsessed with her fame, even though it caused her pain.

CheapGin
Just now, LadyInsecto said:

Fun Tonight is about Carino. In this lyrics, she is saying he was obsessed with her fame, even though it caused her pain.

So are you replying to my argument that there is lyrical depth by suggesting there is actually only one meaning?:awkney:

Ally Campana

The reach. Get your sads and lmaos and go I guess. :billie:

Does it matter? Damage is done

• Admin locked this topic

Archived