💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Has Lost Her Lyrical Fire

jprince99x

Featured Posts

Daylight Jokers
4 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

This is one of my favourite songs lyrically on the album. It just seemed that every song on Joanne was on fire lyrically, and I don't get the same from chromatica. I feel the same for songs like the cure, WDYDT, and Hair Body Face. I don't think she is as inspired to make pop nowadays.

What do you mean 'this'? These are compiled lyrics from 70% of the album. :triggered:

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HermioneT

I agree with the point of "overused" words like you, tears, leave, stupid and love. But some users above me already made several points why this might be the case. 

Generally, I think the lyrics we see on Chromatica are the summary of intended choices to create the spirit of the album and the way she generally writes. She isn't a storyteller like Taylor. Gaga is great with catch phrases that hit instantly like "born this way", "always remember you this way',  "my name isn't Alice, but I'll keep looking for Wonderland", etc. Also I love her for how much and how strong she writes feelings with few (and not hundreds of swear) words.

Also I think she deliberately wanted to create music to dance to and this intention can be seen very clearly in the lyrics aspect, too. 

She / hers

AJRocketMan

Who cares? It's music. Music is supposed to be about melody. I listen to music for the melody, not the lyrics. Music without lyrics is still music, but lyrics without music is poetry. I'm glad Gaga went the Smokey Robinson route with Chromatica rather than the Bob Dylan route.

jprince99x
5 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

Just because your ears focus on production doesn’t mean the lyrics are subpar to her other albums. 

That's probably the issue. It doesn't help that her vocals are often thrown through a vocoder and backed by a robot for a good chunk of the album.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

BlingNotTheMusic

I definitely understand and agree with some of what you said. 

One of my criticisms with Chromatica is that it feels so simple compared to her other works. Short songs, minimized production, simplistic lyrics. That's not to say there aren't some GEMS within the album, lyrically. But the album does definitely feel different from the rest of her work, when it comes to lyrics. 

Oyster

she’s just being relateable. i personally don’t want shakespeare lyrics that i need to dig deep to understand in a pop-house album. the point of this album is to dance away the pain, not analyze readings in english class.

TropicOfCANCER

lets just pretend 911 doesn't have these lyrics

Turning up emotional faders
Keep repeating self-hating phrases
I have heard enough of these voices
Almost like I have no choice
This is biological stasis
My mood's shifting to manic places
Wish I laughed and kept the good friendships
Watch life, here I go again

Keep my dolls inside diamond boxes
Save them till I know I'm gon' drop this
Front I've built around me oasis
Paradise is in my hand
Holding on so tight to this status
It's not real but I'll try to grab it
Keep myself in beautiful places
Paradise is in my hands

mister max
3 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

911, replay, sine from above, and Babylon are the songs that I really enjoy lyrically in context of the music. The rest of the album falls short for me. Maybe with different production and structure i would think differently

ROM has beautiful lyrics too

Alice as well

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Emigrante

I really dig these lyrics and find them some of her best so I can't relate. 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

KennyRichie
29 minutes ago, jprince99x said:"Body's moving like a sculpture"

how does a body move like a sculpture? Sculptures are completely still, they don't move :air:

Wow. You must be fun at parties.

jprince99x
2 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

What do you mean 'this'? These are compiled lyrics from 70% of the album. :triggered:

I meant sine from above :bradley:

As I said before, I think i was digesting songs wrong. I sort of see now that they function together more than I originally thought they did.

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Thwack

I think the “body moving like a sculpture” paints a vivid picture of vogue ballroom culture. :legend:

gumzy3000

The lyrics are much more straightforward and easier to understand and I think it works well with the heavy production 

trolly troll troll

Hybrid AT
30 minutes ago, jprince99x said:

I'm seeing what some of you are saying and I sort of agree. Alot of gaga's earlier music had intentional attitude/fire, these songs aren't supposed to have that.

Because these songs are universal in their themes and audiences. Her songs earlier on had a very niche audience, especially with albums like BTW and ARTPOP. Those songs were targeted to the nerdy art kids, the misfits, the rebels, the punks and the freaks. Now she's talking about issues like PTSD, depression, inner demons, healing and she doesn't need gaudy, artsy, kitschy lyrics for that that only her fans could appreciate and nobody outside. Also, she has matured now. She's a 34 year old woman, not a 22 year old girl having fun at the gayest NYC strip club anymore, if that makes sense. She understands she has a certain responsibility on her shoulders to act as a megaphone for societal issues.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

• Admin locked this topic

Archived