💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Fame (album) is severely underrated

RudraCNG

Featured Posts

RudraCNG

Reading opinions in here I have come to the conclusion that The Fame is really underrated. People doesn't even consider it when it comes to rate her best albums or usually say that aside from the singles, the album is trash. Well, I think sometimes people don't realise that The Fame is an album of having fun and lose yourself. And isn't this what Chromatica is about? Don't get me wrong, Chromatica is my favorite album along with BTW and yes, aside from being a full-dance album, Chromatica has deep lyrics. But again, not everything has to have a deep meaning. Sometimes, you only want to disconnect and listen to a song about having fun in Summer.

And that reminds me that it's already June, stream this masterpiece!

magicalgaga

Maybe people tend to rank The Fame lower because it just pales in comparison to her other albums. That doesn't make it a bad album though! It's very good and better than so many other albums that were released at the same time. Without The Fame she wouldn't have gotten where she is right now and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that at this point.

i was born this way, baby

HorusRa2

I think the main reason it's so underrated is that when compared to the rest of Gaga's discography it doesn't exactly measure up to the rest. It's still an amazing pop album, one of the only you can truly listen to from beginning to end. 

@magicalgaga beating me to the punch. 

TSUNAMI

The record that kind of chamges my life. Will ALWAYS come back to it and look at it as a debute standard for other debute artists. 

shame
2 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Chromatica has deep lyrics. But again, not everything has to have a deep meaning.

wdym? the fame had some of the most profound lyrics ever.

when gaga says "love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy my eggs", it really makes u ask some metaphysical questions

angels forever, forever angels

jprince99x

Maybe on planet Chromatica, but on planet earth, everybody and their twice removed brothers know about this album

Let’s have some fun this beat is Sapokanikan

Othon

The Fame is great and actually a lot more substantive than people on here seem to think. :tony:

DelusionalGaga

Eh. It's still her best-selling one and the one the GP knows the most. 

magicalgaga
1 minute ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

The Fame is great and actually a lot more substantive than people on here seem to think. :tony:

Completely agree with this! It needs more recognition and love on here. If The Fame hadn't been THAT good, Gaga wouldn't have had the impact she's had on pop music as a whole and legendary albums like BTW and TFM wouldn't have been made.

Benji

It's a great body of work and an incredible debut.  I think it gets overlooked just because it was her debut.

Chromatica > The Fame Monster > Born This Way > The Fame > Joanne > ARTPOP

iMonster

It's literally her best selling album and the IRONY that whole album was?!?! I can't accept or believe people honestly don't love The Fame. . .

magicalgaga
3 minutes ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Eh. It's still her best-selling one and the one the GP knows the most. 

Maybe OT was talking about the fanbase rather than the GP? Yes, the GP knows The Fame the best because of Poker Face etc. but amongst us fans the album isn't that highly praised. 

JRCF29

I don't know that it's about having fun and losing yourself as much as it is a bit of a satirical critique of Fame, fortune, and celebrity

Don't Call Me Gaga

iMonster

I'd even rank the albums like this:

The Fame 

The Fame Monster

ARTPOP

Chromatica

Born This Way 

Joanne 

Archived