💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Spotify might temporarily shut down tomorrow

Levitating

Featured Posts

Tiny Purse

I'm kind of confused since all the sources in the article say nothing about shutting down services? I sort of just read it as the Spotify offices will not conduct business as usual. 

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlwaysLoveGaga

Yes, this will hurt Chromatica, but 1. it's going to apply to all music so it's unlikely to affect charts and 2. Bringing awareness to the systematic racism in this country is far more important than an album. I bet Gaga is thinking the exact same thing.

The really fantastic thing about kindness is that it's free -Lady Gaga

BleepBloop
10 minutes ago, Levitating said:
Don't know how this will effect Chromatica

Nobody cares right now, wtf

DiskoBaby
1 minute ago, Girrr said:

If your biggest worry is not being able to stream your music for one day while others live their entire lives in fear, you need to re-evaluate. So disappointed in the replies to this thread. 

But what does it actually solve? That's all I'm wondering. 

Mr Ricky

What are we afraid of? So Chromatica loses streams? Please, everything is losing streams then and we all know Chromatica is a beast. 

Stop being so ignorant and respect the choice. :triggered:

Crossfit

KURUSHITOVSKA
Just now, IcePrincess said:

Great. I'm going to switch to AM or Deezer. I pay for it I want to use it. I am not from America. 

Racism isn't an american problem, it's a worldwide problem. I pay Premium too, I don't mind AT ALL. You can stream on any other platform for a few hours, or are you streaming 24/7 each day of the year? Come on.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta taråntula?

vedetegomes

Calm down guys. This earmilk is the only source that I found talking about this stuff. It can be fake

Girrr
Just now, Autumn said:

tell that to people who use music a coping mechanism for mental health issues. especially during such difficult times.

I’m aware that there are other problems in the world. It’s important to not be tunnel-visioned. There are plenty of other ways to consume music for a mere day. 

Dayman

Why not just run ads exclusively that say places that people can donate to instead? 

edengowon

they aren't even warning users via the app. they need to actually tell their paying customers if they're going to do it.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

SlaeUrAnus

The album is on multiple platforms with YouTube being a free one.

Borrow the streams and give them to YT for a day. I am sure we can live for a day without Spotify.

In my messy era.

gagaxsebert

Spotify heavily (banners, playlists, etc.) promoting Black History playlists & black artists tmrw would be more effective in promoting Black Lives Matter than shutting down :saladga:

They could also donate to bailout funds & BLM.

Used to be HighRoad

Regina George

Why? What good will it do? How about promoting the movement more on the platform, promoting ways of participating, making donating section on the app's interface, how about donating yourself Spotify? Like y'all know the world needs music and to be frank some places on earth don't even know what's happening in USA. 

Girrr
Just now, DiskoBaby said:

But what does it actually solve? That's all I'm wondering. 

It shows solidarity. It’s disrupting the peace. The status quo cannot afford to be upheld. If this finally wakes up some people, then this is a fairly low-cost way of spreading awareness. 

Daylight Jokers

Will they be shutting down (temporarily) just in the US? Cuz...America is not the world. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived