💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Chromatica outselling the Top 20 combined in UK

OMonster

Featured Posts

Economy
1 hour ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I guess she was kind of lucky though? No real "big" release the past week, so no one's really hyping new albums besides Gaga's.

Gaga had good timing with the releases tbh there's not much competition right now especially in pop

Covid may have caused and awkard pause but because she already started she kept the album era going (and music videos already shot helped because that way she doesn't have to release some reductive at home video everyone else been releasing)

In a funny way this kinda worked in her favor

The only thing that didn't work in her favour was that radio is the best metric Stupid Love performed in and with everyone at home few people were actually listening to radio so it was like a wasted radio hit :deadbanana:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

First time in a while I've been proud of being from the U.K. :ladyhaha:

Very glad to hear she's doing well.  I know general consensus among my friendship and work circles is that Rain On Me is a bop and I know a lot of people are listening to Chromatica.

TSUNAMI
1 hour ago, JillTyrell2004 said:

‘that’s f***ing mental’. 

That was so British of him :flower:

ladygaga1984

Totally deserved. She delivered a nearly perfect pop album! Now we just need accompanying videos.

RickMonster98

the way we're winning

hopefully we'll get silver in first week

5e3a2d502a2804a55641789f84ecde9a.gif

ughh the talent :bradley:

pedrohemg

I fear for the first week in US thou. The showbizz411 website is updating her sales + streams and, according to them, it did 120k total friday + saturday.

StrawberryBlond

Amazing, though I have to wonder what the figures would've been had she released it on April 10th as originally planned. That would mean that ROM would've been released earlier and assuming that it would've been out a week before the album, it would've competed with the cover of You'll Never Walk Alone which debuted at #1 with sales of 82k, the fastest selling single of the year so far. ROM sold 70k, so it would've been a very disappointing loss. But we'll see what its second week sales are and if it maybe could've gone #1 then. The Live Lounge Allstars went to #1 the next week with 66k, so maybe not. She did the right thing after all delaying. Maybe the labels know best after all. Everything does seem to have worked out even if it's down to re-arranged plans. But, no matter, let's ride this wave of amazing luck as Gaga deserves it after 2 consecutive studio albums which went underappreciated in the UK.

4 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

I guess she was kind of lucky though? No real "big" release the past week, so no one's really hyping new albums besides Gaga's.

There's not been any big releases for a long time. There was no release planned for the original release week either. Big names always carefully choose their release date so there's no competition (or so they hope). For comparison, here's some of the big names and what figures their last studio album pulled in:

Beyonce - Lemonade - 73,000 (#1)

Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next - 65,000 (#1)

Drake - Scorpion - 64,000 (#1)

Taylor Swift - Lover - 53,000 (#1)

Pink - Hurts 2B Human - 48,000 (#1)

Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go? - 48,000 (#1)

Post Malone - Beerbongs & Bentleys - 46,000 (#1)

Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By - 36,000 (#1)

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia - 34,000 (#2 debut, #1 in second week)

Lana Del Rey - Norman F***ing Rockwell - 31,000 (#1)

The Weeknd - After Hours - 26,000 (#1)

Madonna - Madame X - 25,000 (#2)

Katy Perry - Witness - 16,000 (#6)

I can't find the first week sales for Rihanna, Cardi, Justin Timberlake or JB but I'd list them if I could. As you can see, sales have been bad for a while, even for the big names, even for the men, even for those with hits. She's doing amazingly well and there's still some more days to go.

derpmonster
4 hours ago, Economy said:

In a funny way this kinda worked in her favor

And in the US the exact opposite

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Runway
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Amazing, though I have to wonder what the figures would've been had she released it on April 10th as originally planned. That would mean that ROM would've been released earlier and assuming that it would've been out a week before the album, it would've competed with the cover of You'll Never Walk Alone which debuted at #1 with sales of 82k, the fastest selling single of the year so far. ROM sold 70k, so it would've been a very disappointing loss. But we'll see what its second week sales are and if it maybe could've gone #1 then. The Live Lounge Allstars went to #1 the next week with 66k, so maybe not. She did the right thing after all delaying. Maybe the labels know best after all. Everything does seem to have worked out even if it's down to re-arranged plans. But, no matter, let's ride this wave of amazing luck as Gaga deserves it after 2 consecutive studio albums which went underappreciated in the UK.

There's not been any big releases for a long time. There was no release planned for the original release week either. Big names always carefully choose their release date so there's no competition (or so they hope). For comparison, here's some of the big names and what figures their last studio album pulled in:

Beyonce - Lemonade - 73,000 (#1)

Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next - 65,000 (#1)

Drake - Scorpion - 64,000 (#1)

Taylor Swift - Lover - 53,000 (#1)

Pink - Hurts 2B Human - 48,000 (#1)

Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go? - 48,000 (#1)

Post Malone - Beerbongs & Bentleys - 46,000 (#1)

Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By - 36,000 (#1)

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia - 34,000 (#2 debut, #1 in second week)

Lana Del Rey - Norman F***ing Rockwell - 31,000 (#1)

The Weeknd - After Hours - 26,000 (#1)

Madonna - Madame X - 25,000 (#2)

Katy Perry - Witness - 16,000 (#6)

I can't find the first week sales for Rihanna, Cardi, Justin Timberlake or JB but I'd list them if I could. As you can see, sales have been bad for a while, even for the big names, even for the men, even for those with hits. She's doing amazingly well and there's still some more days to go.

Madame x outselling wetmess :lmao:

Rat Boy

She delivered a solid, fresh album and is getting the success she deserves. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Archived