Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman What happened?

CookieHWilson

Featured Posts

CookieHWilson

I was soooooo in love with the 3:41 demo from FW. It needed some cut especially the bridge *i want you to be be free free*, but the song as it was was great.

now the official version has that ****ing horrible dance break instead of the first chorus. Production feels lazy and empty.

that song was ruined for me

i still prefer the demo. That had such a power

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4

I disliked the demo, but loved the final version, so for me, its an improvement

Enceladus

Stop listening to leaks. Then you dont ruin the final experience :oops:

warhol killer

The only thing I disliked about the demo was the repetitive part in the end. I still prefer the official one.

warhol killer ✴ GAGA¹⁵

youandi

I didn't love the bridge of the demo but I loved the 90s feel of it! If someone made a more official sounding remix of the demo or finds a way to mix the demo and the new, sans that meh beat drop, I'm sure it'd be the best of the three 

GC1234

Free woman is probably the only song I don’t love like the others, kinda my fault for listening to the demo tho tbh! I think if they just put the chorus instead the dance break in the middle and then the more stripped down version for the end it would’ve been really great, but oh well! She’s still a cute bop tho, just a shame the others are absolute BANGERS haha :hor:

Get that fire exit door, I’m off...

Dayman
1 minute ago, Enceladus said:

Stop listening to leaks. Then you dont ruin the final experience :oops:

The demo is leaked and could be listened to after release and a lot of people will have the same opinion despite hearing it after. The song has noticeable differences and an entirely different mood - they can have an opinion on the two different versions without you being rude to them.

As for OP. I think the final version is more focused. The demo feels like it switches after that second verse to a different song almost. I do agree the bridge would have been nice to keep and the key  of the original instrumental + production sounded more interesting as opposed to the brightness and almost typical sound of the album version. Perhaps we will get an alternate production take eventually released.

Reality

While I think the demo is really good, the only reason why a lot of people here don’t like the new version of FW is because they have the demo to compare it to.

If you only got the final version, and never listened to the demo, you’d realize that the song isn’t as bad as some of y’all make it out to be. 

🖤👹

Creyk

I don't get these comparisons, to me the album version is so much better.

dynamite

I listened to the album version first, then the demo. I prefer the album version. It seems to be a running theme if you hear the demos first.

alsemanche

I replaced the album version with the demo tbh. The album version really doesn't make sense to me at all with the lyrical content. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

I LOVE the album version but I miss the bridge on the demo plus I dislike the drop after the first chorus. I love the ending of the final product a lot more than the demo. The way the incorporated the "I'M A FREE WOMAN" belting into the chorus is amazing imo compared to the demo where both was separate.

Archived