💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman What happened?

CookieHWilson

Featured Posts

ajmsamuel

i definitly prefer the demo. and why to ashamed ppl who heard the demo.. shut up :huntyga:

tbh it was a big dissapointment to hear the album version. the disco inferno feeling you have thru the demo is amazing.. and definitly this aspecto affected also my feeling about fun tonight.. i thought i will be a hot banger about having a party and really having fun tonight :huntyga:

also.. both songs doesnt sound like a tioically gaga song.. they have a really have a light Air production which is not Bad.. but as a personal opinión i prefer gaga in more deep beats

kindest regards

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji

Im definitely in the minority but I prefer the album version.  The demo has a cute beat but other than that it sounds hollow compared to the final.  The bridge is so bad in the demo too :rip: 

Dramatica

The demo was good, the album version is better

default_mad50_zpse4b33994.jpg

Stop dragging this song y'all it's homophobic to do so

default_mad50_zpse4b33994.jpg

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Killa

Free woman is probably the worst track. I also dont undestand why they used the added reverb, plus in fun tonight and Plastic doll if i rembember well. First listen remind me of concert in BTW era when she used so much echo and reverb...not that pleasing for an album.

But honestly free woman, for me, just doesnt give me anything. It's just easy listening with lyrics that are disconected with the music. At least the demo had some spunk. 

The part that triggers me is she has the main lyric, imo, that unifies the album in this song: "This is my dancefloor, i thought for", and the melody and beat really dont emphasise it at all. God, i swear it's the saddest thing. But the whole text is really average

Illuminati Freak

I love the rawness of the demo but the album version is much better.

ShayCristoforo

I'm glad she cleaned up the song :whitney:

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

CookieHWilson

To me the demo was rrrreally good.
The vocals were slaying, it was taking its time rhythm and tone wise.
And at the end exploded. The only sh*tty part for me was the bridge, that was like "lets put this here then we see how we can improve it" (I mean the "I want you to be be be be be free forever baby"
BUT now it feels too much spacey in the beginning (Almost like sang under water), maybe it was done to explode in the final but that does not do IT for me.

ANNNND the "BE. FREE"s for me where like the "RAIN.ON.ME" in ROM. So empowering TFM voice.

Really a ruined experience for me, it was such a great demo. 
It got overworked and reworked. And it is not like we do not have better level of execution in other song that mandate Gaga's voice to be STRONG (see Replay and Enigma).
Now her voice is overwhelmed 

(and I really hate the dance break in the beginning, so general and mundane, like bumpercars dodgems music for me)

So this and Plastic Doll can be cut for me 

:v:

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

CookieHWilson
1 hour ago, catsandlabneh said:

I replaced the album version with the demo tbh. The album version really doesn't make sense to me at all with the lyrical content. 

This, too many words were cut to keep this 3 minutes replay value everywhere in the album, and I love the whole album (Ex for Plastic Doll) but the lyrical content (which in some song is the most poignant and OUT THERE Gaga lyrics I have ever read, not "out there" an in "over the top" but really tragically touching sometimes, 911, replay, fun tonight, enigma, 1000 doves)
Free woman demo had the full lyrics and it was 100% more empowering.
My mama said so.
Demo was better, don't say otherwise :bye:

na na na no GIF by Hyper RPG

CookieHWilson
54 minutes ago, ajmsamuel said:

the disco inferno feeling you have thru the demo is amazing

this boo

CookieHWilson
2 hours ago, andrew23 said:

It was the worst part of the demo sis :triggered:

2 hours ago, CookieHWilson said:

t needed some cut especially the bridge *i want you to be be free free*, but the song as it was was great.

I think we agree on this 

martiniglistens

It got better that’s what happened.

It is way more full and emotional. It’s one of the top 3 songs on the album Imo. 

it’s also clearly gagas favorite 

steven

The album version is so weak compared to the demo. I think this is truly the biggest disappointment of the album for many on here. 

geusst1235
1 hour ago, Killa said:

Free woman is probably the worst track. I also dont undestand why they used the added reverb, plus in fun tonight and Plastic doll if i rembember well. First listen remind me of concert in BTW era when she used so much echo and reverb...not that pleasing for an album.

But honestly free woman, for me, just doesnt give me anything. It's just easy listening with lyrics that are disconected with the music. At least the demo had some spunk. 

The part that triggers me is she has the main lyric, imo, that unifies the album in this song: "This is my dancefloor, i thought for", and the melody and beat really dont emphasise it at all. God, i swear it's the saddest thing. But the whole text is really average

The big reverb on her vocals is very indicative of the house/eurodance dance genres, hence why they used a lot of it.

NewUsername

Haven't heard the demo yet, will wait a bit with it still, because I LOVE the final version. FW is one of my absolute favs of the album.

Archived