Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rosalía shows her support for Black Lives Matter

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

Andreu

I appreciate that she did this and obviously I am not against her speaking up, but it feels weird that she has ignored social issues in our* country and speak about the issues of another one. Specially when the picture says that you can't stay silent about things that matter. In fact that's the case for many spanish celebrities, so its not only her, and it feels... weird.

This being said I don't think she has to speak about anything, that's not her job. Her job is to make music and art and she's the best at it. Everything she wants to speak out about social issues and injustice is a nice plus.

EDIT* by our i mean spain not the US

Babel
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

I appreciate that she did this and obviously I am not against her speaking up, but it feels weird that she has ignored social issues in our country and speak about the issues of another one. In fact that's the case for many spanish celebrities, so its not only her, and it feels... weird.

It feels staged you mean? I can see that, but then again she’s an international superstar and she has stans all over the world, maybe she felt the need to show support for them. 

Andreu
1 minute ago, A mess said:

It feels staged you mean? I can see that, but then again she’s an international superstar and she has stans all over the world, maybe she felt the need to show support for them. 

I don't think it's staged, I mean everyone with basic empathy will agree with her message. What I am criticising is  the fact of most spanish celebrities that are always the first to be devastated about things happening on the opposite corner of the world but when they have to be brave and speak about things that happen here, they won't say anything because they might lose contracts, sponsorships or contacts, or get backlash.

Babel
Just now, Andreu said:

I don't think it's staged, I mean everyone with basic empathy will agree with her message. What I am criticising is  the fact of most spanish celebrities that are always the first to be devastated about things happening on the opposite corner of the world but when they have to be brave and speak about things that happen here, they won't say anything because they might lose contracts, sponsorships or contacts, or get backlash.

I see what you mean. I’m curious, did she ever addressed the protests in Catalunya? 

Andreu
5 minutes ago, A mess said:

I see what you mean. I’m curious, did she ever addressed the protests in Catalunya? 

No

alsemanche
18 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I appreciate that she did this and obviously I am not against her speaking up, but it feels weird that she has ignored social issues in our country and speak about the issues of another one. Specially when the picture says that you can't stay silent about things that matter. In fact that's the case for many spanish celebrities, so its not only her, and it feels... weird.

This being said I don't think she has to speak about anything, that's not her job. Her job is to make music and art and she's the best at it. Everything she wants to speak out about social issues and injustice is a nice plus.

I get what you mean. It happens in my country too where both celebrities and 'regular' people tend to be vocal about foreign injustices while ignoring local ones. It's more hypocritical here in my case because they actively support racist practices (xenophobia, quite literally enslaving foreign domestic workers, etc.). 

I don't think she has any ill intentions. It's just that issues in bigger countries such as the USA tend to be highlighted more and take a more international dimension. Many celebrities are speaking out, regardless of their nationalities. And keep in mind that racism is a worldwide phenomenon and the USA has veen known for its racist history. I get what you mean but yeah she definitely does not mean anything bad by that. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

32 minutes ago, Andreu said:

but it feels weird that she has ignored social issues in our country and speak about the issues of another one

She's spanish, not american, so it makes sense to me that she's not aware of everything that's going on in the US. She also technically is not going to comment since it's not her country, but u'll be more aware of things that are everywhere in the media which is the case for this tragedy. It's unfair to demand that international stars from spain, france, UK, Brazil or wherever else have to comment on every single issue of the US. Again, the US is not the center of the world

Andreu
5 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

She's spanish, not american, so it makes sense to me that she's not aware of everything that's going on in the US. 

by our (mine and hers) country I meant Spain not the US :poot:, but yeah I edited my post to make it clearer.

5 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

It's unfair to demand that international stars from spain, france, UK, Brazil or wherever else have to comment on every single issue of the US. Again, the US is not the center of the world

100% agree with this

dit
52 minutes ago, Andreu said:

This is SO true. Javier Bardem is always complaining about Western Sahara but yet he never speaks up for Catalonia. Catalonia is actually more of a pressing issue and has more legit claims to independence or at least a fair shot at a vote for independence and yet he never speaks about it... 

Archived