Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga MUST go political

lucastecala

Featured Posts

RenegAde

She delayed her album for a month to help  the people in need  when the covid 19 polarised the world ,while your other celebrities and politicians were at home 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boyerased

She has always been political. However given that she is a white, rich pop star I get that she is conscious with what she puts out. She cannot just go out full on with it not out of fear of losing anything (heck this is the woman who put out a gay anthem at time of one of the greatest peak in music history) but rather out of respect and sensitivity. She will never get the struggle, she could never speak for them. She could just offer support.

RenegAde
1 hour ago, lucastecala said:

I don't want her to be candidate, just for her to address directly political topics with her art in a lasting way, like Beyoncé with Lemonade, and Madonna in various moments along her career. 

She addressed political  topics several times in her music way before beyonce did  .She addressed

Gay marriage 

Racism 

Gun violence

Sexism 

She joined riots after trump won the election.  Gaga has never been mellow about politics.

Aphrodizy26

absolutely nobody:

white people: NO DONT HAVE A VOICE WE’RE PAYIN’ U TO BE OUR JESTER >:(

girl shut up we know shes on the right side of history if she chooses to be political she can 

tired of you racist monsters

rasclautmangos
18 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

TBH there are people I didn't expect to be walking in protest that walked. I'm kinda shocked Gaga hasn't.

How do we know she hasn't? (I doubt she has, and I don't expect or want her to). She could have marched and disguised herself for all we know. Not every moment has to be a social media photo op.

RenegAde
18 minutes ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

absolutely nobody:

white people: NO DONT HAVE A VOICE WE’RE PAYIN’ U TO BE OUR JESTER >:(

girl shut up we know shes on the right side of history if she chooses to be political she can 

tired of you racist monsters

What is even your point :smh: .

RenegAde
1 hour ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

TBH there are people I didn't expect to be walking in protest that walked. I'm kinda shocked Gaga hasn't.

Donating money  to bail out protesters  right now  should  be the priority 

What about the other artist  that make their music purely on the experience of black people in america  but are no where to be found  during this time. ?

geusst1235
1 hour ago, lucastecala said:

I don't want her to be candidate, just for her to address directly political topics with her art in a lasting way, like Beyoncé with Lemonade, and Madonna in various moments along her career. 

Gaga has already been VERY political through her art multiple times before though. Here are some examples,

- Born This Way (practically the entire era as well)

- Angel Down (which speaks directly about the issues we are dealing with now)

- Americano

- The meat dress

- The multiple political events she attended where she also performed covers of songs with politcal undertones in 2016 such as Camden Rising, Get Out The Vote Rally,etc.

JusKeepBreathin
20 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Donating money right now is better than protesting . They are already thousands  of people on the street and hundreds of protesters in police custody .

What about the other artist  that make their music purely on the experience of black people in america  but are no where to be found  during this time. ?

No it's not. 

Real Housewives No GIF

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
27 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

How do we know she hasn't? (I doubt she has, and I don't expect or want her to). She could have marched and disguised herself for all we know. Not every moment has to be a social media photo op.

I agree with this. But, when you're a public persona, being seen protesting is a good thing. That's all. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I don't agree, I think she's already done what she respectfully needed to do. It isn't her place to go any further other than making a donation, which I'm sure she's already done.

Mars

No. She does what she does and we all know she supports causes behind the scenes.

Gaga is one of the most politically active entertainers out there already, she doesn't have to politicise her career even more.

crackpoppodcast

I think the smartest thing for them to do is push “Replay” as the next single and donate proceeds from the song. Listen to the lyrics again, they apply to this civil unrest and injustice but without being too on-the-nose or in-your-face about it. To have a successful song on the radio/streaming services that has lyrics like: “who was it that pulled the trigger? Was it you or I? ... I won’t blame myself cause we both know you were the one... the scars on my mind are on replay. The monster inside you is torturing me” would be an important and powerful message to spread.

alice911

Gaga should do what she wants to do instead of her fans dictating there own agenda for her career. She can still do her bit for the black lives matter movement but should keep her music separate from it. 

Last time she tried it with Angel Down and black twitter literally skull dragged her. All they want is her money for bail. So she should donate a few thousand dollars to these movements and keep it moving. They dont want anything else for her. She will get thrashed if she tried doing anything else. Eg Angel Down. 

Archived