💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga MUST go political

lucastecala

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo
17 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

"Replay" into a song about police brutality for example (its amazing how the lyrics are fitting) and all of Gaga's proceeds for the track could be redirected to funds to combat police brutality

Our biggest enemy is you

the 911

the 911

:ally:

please enlighten me to death

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lucastecala
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

I’m Black and wouldn’t like Gaga to do that. However, it would be nice to see her walk during the protest.

Talking about police brutality isnt necessary what I wanted from her. That was just an example that occurred to me and I realise it might not be the best idea. But I just don't see how any major artist can afford to produce mere escapism right now.

GaGaAst
9 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

This might be hard for you to grasp but my main concern here is NOT Gaga's career, which is going very well. It's MUCH bigger than that. 

what I am saying is it will ultimately affect her image. Social media is very powerful and all her haters will break and crush all of her words down to her own throat.

Also gaga is a singer/actor not a politician. She did post yesterday. Why do we expect her to become a politician in first place. She does all she can behind the doors. See her impact on Corona fund raising. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Katsuki Bakugo

She has chosen an non-violent stance - she is entitled to this as a human female. I appreciate your passion and I personally believe in fighting the way one feels. If she doesn’t wish to incite more violence or upset anyone- she is entitled to this as well. Forcing someone into do something they do not wish to do is just as bad in my opinion.

also when will people care this much for the literal murder and exploitation of animals for our tastebuds? 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

lucastecala
1 minute ago, Melisandre said:

She has chosen an non-violent stance - she is entitled to this as a human female. I appreciate your passion and I personally believe in fighting the way one feels. If she doesn’t wish to incite more violence or upset anyone- she is entitled to this as well. Forcing someone into do something they do not wish to do is just as bad in my opinion.

also when will people care this much for the literal murder and exploitation of animals for our tastebuds? 

I'm not forcing her, I am expressing an opinion. 

VasilisVas
16 minutes ago, lucastecala said:

It was more okay than beautiful. That thing of stressing how non-violent would be her efforts to the cause, while protesters are being accused of being violent just because they were forced to respond energically given the amount of brutality from police agents, landed a little flat for me. It could be better. Since she was out and about with her boyfriend amidst the pandemic she might as well have gone to the protests. 

Gaga did what she had to do. She used her huge social media platform and discussed her thoughts and feelings about the situation occurring and that’s perfectly fine. Just the other day people were creating threads on here saying “Gaga needs to post something on Twitter” and she did so what’s left to do? Gaga has spread her love for this country for all. Gay, straight, black, what, tall, short, fat, skinny, purple, pink, yellow, etc. you name it. She promotes equality and love daily. She preaches kindness to the point where people on here harass and tease her for constantly talking about kindness so much that it’s almost turned into a joke. 

lucastecala
3 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

what I am saying is it will ultimately affect her image. Social media is very powerful and all her haters will break and crush all of her words down to her own throat.

Also gaga is a singer/actor not a politician. She did post yesterday. Why do we expect her to become a politician in first place. She does all she can behind the doors. See her impact on Corona fund raising. 

I think the audience's patience for instagram activism is ending. I am sure she'll do more than that, but I would be very surprised if she let Chromatica be only escapism. She's got more fiber than that. 

rasclautmangos

Gaga was apparently highly depressed and struggling to even make music not too long ago, and that's her profession. Being a political activist in the way you want her to be may not even be something she can mentally handle. 

The woman just helped to raise a TON of money for a pandemic. She should not be expected to take the world upon her shoulders with every issue. 

She has spoken on this, will continue to speak on this, and is most likely donating a sizeable amount to charities/funds to help out. 

We don't need a photo op with her walking down the steets to prove to us that she cares. 

ETA: Most black people who aren't Gaga fans do not care at all what she has to say on this issue. There are much more effective messengers than Gaga, let them get political. 

iMonster

Yea, I respectfully disagree. 

I like my artist non-political/no interest in ever running. It's fine that she voices her opinion and fights for inequalities etc. But I'm not voting for Stefani Germanotta.

She's an escape for most of us here. 

geusst1235

If Gaga wants to get political with her music, then that is soley her decision. Not only that, but she is unequivocally not obligated to do anything within that vein if she does not want to. Even Marilyn Manson (arguably one of the most politically/socially critical artists of the mid 90s-early 2000s) has spoken about how constantly delving into politics through art can get quite tiring.

Besides, if Gaga currently feels as though making music with the purpose of simply making people dance and forget about their issues for an iota of time is what she wants to do, then that's okay. Of course the opposite is also true and if she wants to add political aspects to her next album then that is also valid.

LG666

A few thoughts:

Gaga doesnt owe monsters anything. She doesnt have to live up to our expectations. Point made on Chromatica: she is not a plastic doll that is to be manipulated at the hands of people at their convenience. 

She has spoken out about whats going on in a thoughtful way. Not to mention, social media isn't everything. She is most likely working behind the scenes RIGHT NOW to donate and help use her platform and voice and resources.

An album or artistic direction going political for the sake of going political is artificial, and she knows that. There are many ways to be political that are not so obvious or in your face.

It upsets me that we are even talking about this. That we are expecting something from her. What about you and me? What have WE done? What are WE doing? We cannot project our own desires onto her. 

Even if she were to do what you expect her to do, there will be opposition. As a famous artist with a huge platform, nothing is ever enough. Because it takes more than one person to change the world. Because one single person cannot be responsible for the peace of a country or a world.

Fernster7

This whole situation reminds me a lot of what was happening between fans and Gaga with Kesha's case. People here will never be happy with anything Gaga does, it will never be enough and I think it's so wrong. She already addressed the issue multiple times and I'm sure she's doing stuff behind the scenes, she was not obligated to do any of those things but still she did.

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

ryhanna

So people can cancel her for being a white woman hijacking a non-white issue to make it about her and her art? Seems a tad tone deaf. This isn't her issue to politicise through music. 

Archived