💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Chromatica Opening Day Sales Were Hurt by News Cycle

yASSsss

Featured Posts

yASSsss

"Chromatica” sold around 86,000 copies all day Friday. Most of that– 80,000– was paid downloads and CDs. The rest was streaming. It’s a good number but not a blockbuster. Promotion would have helped goose it, but the situation didn’t really allow it other than social media i.e. Tweets and Facebook posts."

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And guess what f words? Y’all wanted her to release a single about “at least I’m alive” during PEAK COVID in her hometown. And just as everyone lost their jobs. At least people have had unemployment now. It wouldn’t have been so cute asking fans to buy 120 dollar rain boots that say “at least I’m alive” on them during peak recession and a death every two minutes in New York. 

please don’t make these horrible riots about chromatica guys. Chromatica sales are an inconvenience the institutional racism in our country is an injustice

adamsenigma

Concerned? Not really, I think the only one that's REALLY concerned is Interscope, they are the ones who get money anyways. We are going through other more relevant stuff, and I'm sure Gaga is really aware of the situation and doesn't care that much. If you can buy the album, do it, but let's not forget what's really happening. Black lives and their rights are far more important than an album sales.

Franch Toast

Nah. It's not just the news cycle – with the pandemic, other than stans, people aren't going to rush out to buy physical copies. 

She/Her/Hers

GaGaAst

If first day sales was just 86,000, how much will it do in remaining 6 days especially since most of her sales are pure sales and mainly it happens on first day?

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

yASSsss
1 minute ago, adamsenigma said:

Concerned? Not really, I think the only one that's REALLY concerned is Interscope, they are the ones who get money anyways. We are going through other more relevant stuff, and I'm sure Gaga is really aware of the situation and doesn't care that much. If you can buy the album, do it, but let's not forget what's really happening. Black lives and their rights are far more important than an album sales.

Guess what? You can show support for BLM and still care about a new Gaga album and how its doing on the charts 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

FFXIV WhiteMage
1 minute ago, GaGaAst said:

If first day sales was just 86,000, how much will it do in remaining 6 days especially since most of her sales are pure sales and mainly it happens on first day?

She'll probably end up around 200K

Gagaism

The only thing I know is that I’m keeping it in looping on Amazon since release day, the album is really good, I’m so happy and that’s it :diane:

Gypsy Life

These numbers are fake news. For instance, he says it did 6k streaming units when it did 9k from Spotify alone. 

GaGaAst
2 minutes ago, PoCHEMist said:

She'll probably end up around 200K

she is projected to do around 285k.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFq1AH7wyt0oZFAnQ1MwI

LaLa

Yes, the whole things is... quite ironic :madge:

But isn't 80k pure first day actually good? Are they counting her tour bundles in that number? I think we'll be fine

GaGaAst
1 minute ago, Gypsy Life said:

These numbers are fake news. For instance, he says it did 6k streaming units when it did 9k from Spotify alone. 

you saved us from meltdown

Archived