rumor

Chromatica Opening Day Sales Were Hurt by News Cycle

yASSsss

Featured Posts

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rasclautmangos

It would have done worse in April. I don't think it's a big deal. The album may not be a smash, but it will still be a hit. 

I don't think Gaga cares that much, she seems proud of the music and is happy that it's out. 

Interscope may not be so happy. 

CELINE

Well the country is in a cusp of civil war. The American GP is more concerned about an issue that affects everyone than buy/stream the latest album from Ms. Gaga  :lana:

gotharunway.com

FFXIV WhiteMage
1 minute ago, GaGaAst said:

she is projected to do around 285k.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFq1AH7wyt0oZFAnQ1MwI

I mean if the article's stats were correct and following the trend rn in the US then she'll probably have around 200k-ish  but apparently the values were inaccurate :billie: 

adamsenigma
12 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

Guess what? You can show support for BLM and still care about a new Gaga album and how its doing on the charts 

I do, that's why I said that at the end lol what I mean is that at the end, it's not something important, because I know for a fact that, if Chromatica underperforms or does worse than expected, there will be some fans complaining as if it was the end of the world. Caring so much about some charts is not benefitial either for our mental health, there's already so much happening right now, imagine an underperforming album... This site and Twitter are gonna be even more of a disaster. 

iMonster

First day sales don't chart/not really a big deal. People are doing those numbers for the entire week. 

The fact that first week is projected close to 300K is more impressive especially considering the current pandemic/protesting etc. 

Cookie Tookie

Who even cares about numbers anymore. We got a legendary album. That’s all that matters.

3 minutes ago, adamsenigma said:

I do, that's why I said that at the end lol what I mean is that at the end, it's not something important, because I know for a fact that, if Chromatica underperforms or does worse than expected, there will be some fans complaining as if it was the end of the world. Caring so much about some charts is not benefitial either for our mental health, there's already so much happening right now, imagine an underperforming album... This site and Twitter are gonna be even more of a disaster. 

Yeah it’s all “you can care about both” right now but then it’s “ugh this isn’t an international problem why is Bobby not doing more” or “ugh. I know a lot is going on now but can’t Gaga just do a live performance or something to break 300k” and we all have to read it and pretend we don’t hang out around sociopaths here who care more about not having a listening party than they do riots nationwide. 

TheCureinMalibu
14 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

These numbers are fake news. For instance, he says it did 6k streaming units when it did 9k from Spotify alone. 

He said it did 86k pure copies but most 80k are from physical and digital downloads. I think the other 6k were merch/tour bundles? 

wait i didn't read through sorry @Gypsy Life lmaooo me dumb 

Saint Gaga
28 minutes ago, Gilly said:

imagine being concerned about this rn i-

Shut up racist!!! Why can't you go & join a Beyonce forum..You're obviously an OGH..why can't you just gtfo already? 

Leoj305

Just to bring in some light to the situation. Most of you don’t know this. But THE FAME was experiencing a tremendous run on the BB 200 in the top 5 for weeks, it had reached a week where it had  just reached enough sales to go #1 on the BB 200. That week MJ passed away. All his albums took over(May he RIP). Despite The Fame never reaching that #1 spot in the US. It remains one of the most successful pop albums in history. 

What I’m saying is,  it’s okay. The music is great, it brings us joy. I was very sad and mad too earlier, but I came to a realization it’s music. And we can enjoy it whenever. It’s going to do well. It may be impeded slightly in the US this week, but if she puts her all into this as she has for the future of this era, it will do wonders. 

let’s be positive and nice to each other, and understand this is a tough moment for society and for us clearly as it’s the launch week of the most anticipated Gaga album in a while. We just have to be positive. 

Arcanum

That spiralled out quickly.

Take care y' all. :kara:

These are trying times.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Blastertoyo
20 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Who even cares about numbers anymore. We got a legendary album. That’s all that matters.

and a #1 single :enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Archived