Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Fun Tonight about Troy?

Just A Holy Fool

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

I really think after listening to the lyrics closely it’s about Troy. What do you monster’s think? 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpadesToStart

I thought maybe about Christian Carino. I mean they were engaged...they broke up for some reason 

Jill

no you're all wrong

it's about madonna

This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.

River

It's about the break up night from Carino

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Lionel Hutz said:

no you're all wrong

it's about madonna

Uhu, it's about Lady Starlight 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Bon Gonzalez

It's about Gaga herself. She's talking to her own self. That's what she hinted on her Spotify storyline. Y'all.  :neyde:

OMonster
3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'm pretty sure she's talking to herself in the song.

Agree, 100% - just like she is in the majority of this album, tbh. 

The 'I stare at the girl in the mirror, she talks to me too' and 'you love the paparazzi, love the fame' is what gives it away. 

It's about Stefani not enjoying fame culture, but 'Gaga' needing it as a vehicle for her creativity. 

subtext / fantasy

Hybrid AT
32 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'm pretty sure she's talking to herself in the song.

30 minutes ago, Bon Gonzalez said:

It's about Gaga herself. She's talking to her own self. That's what she hinted on her Spotify storyline. Y'all.  :neyde:

29 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Agree, 100% - just like she is in the majority of this album, tbh. Herself and her fans.

Parts of the song are also about Carino. She's just trying to hide it by giving an alternate interpretation that also makes sense. The producers talk about it in this interview (or this could have been done in the process of editorializing the article, not sure)

Norris, a friend of BloodPop, had been brought on to help with “Fun Tonight,” a moody break-up song about a partner more obsessed with Gaga’s fame than her

www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/lady-gaga-chromatica-making-of-bloodpop-axwell-1007139/

It honestly could be interpreted both ways, not having fun with yourself (thinking you've lost a part of yourself) or not having fun with your partner and wanting to break-up.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

gumzy3000

To me, the song represents her relationship with fame, her fans and the media. She literally sings "You like the paparazzi and fame..." and then says it keeps her in a cage. Maybe she wants to move on from the songs from that era but she feels trapped because everyone wants her to keep on performing those songs and likewise, make songs like that. I think she wants her freedom as an artist but she feels held back because she is a massive pop artist whose fans and critics always compare her new stuff to her old work. Hence, "I'm not having fun tonight" because she is performing old hits and keeps her fame from that but she wants to move away from that and grow as an artist 

trolly troll troll

Archived