opinion

Is Fun Tonight about Troy?

Just A Holy Fool

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tezbear91

Iโ€™m pretty sure itโ€™s about Christian. Crazy that they were going to get married.ย 

battle for your life.

Reality
5 minutes ago, HybridAT said:

Parts of the song are also about Carino. She's just trying to hide it by giving an alternate interpretation that also makes sense. The producers talk about it in this interview

Norris, a friend of BloodPop, had been broughtย on to help with โ€œFun Tonight,โ€ a moody break-up song about a partner more obsessed with Gagaโ€™s fame than her

www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/lady-gaga-chromatica-making-of-bloodpop-axwell-1007139/

It honestlyย could be interpreted both ways, not having fun with yourself (thinking you've lost a part of yourself) or not having fun with your partner and wanting toย break-up.

I didn't see this! Thanks for sharing!

This reminds me of when she tried passing of Perfect Illusion as a song about social media :giveup:ย 

๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ‘น

Hybrid AT
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

I didn't see this! Thanks for sharing!

This reminds me of when she tried passing of Perfect Illusion as a song about social media :giveup:ย 

I really respect her for not trying to make literal songs about her ex-partners and name-checking them like TS does frequently. She also tries to give an alternate interpretation so fans don't go too deep into it. What a sweetheartย :bradley:

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

PlasticDollGirl
10 minutes ago, gumzy3000 said:

To me, the song represents her relationship with fame, her fans and the media. She literally sings "You like the paparazzi and fame..." and then says it keeps her in a cage. Maybe she wants to move on from the songs from that era but she feels trapped because everyone wants her to keep on performing those songs and likewise, make songs like that. I think she wants her freedom as an artist but she feels held back because she is a massive pop artist whose fans and critics always compare her new stuff to her old work. Hence, "I'm not having fun tonight" because she is performing old hits and keeps her fame from that but she wants to move away from that and grow as an artistย 

I mean sheโ€™s a millionaire and those songs made her famous, itโ€™s what she wanted, for her to turn her back on those songs Iโ€™d be shocked...

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

derpmonster

There can be multiple meanings of a song :)

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

HEARTSTOP
4 minutes ago, Mill said:

I mean sheโ€™s a millionaire and those songs made her famous, itโ€™s what she wanted, for her to turn her back on those songs Iโ€™d be shocked...

That's literally what she is saying with the song...

IDGAF

BillieGOAT

Itโ€™s about Social Media and how instagram is just a bunch of perfect illusions

PlasticDollGirl
1 minute ago, HEARTSTOP said:

That's literally what she is saying with the song...

Yes I know but seriously? Sheโ€™s a multi millionaire. She wouldnโ€™t be where she is without those songs and that fan is implying she is trying to move away from the songs that made her famous. She knew what she was getting into from day 1. She wanted fame, it didnโ€™t accidentally happen.ย 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

gumzy3000
8 minutes ago, Mill said:

Thatโ€™s true but she feels trapped because she wants to move on from that but the fans demand that she goes back to her roots.ย 

trolly troll troll

basedgod

Sometimes I think itโ€™s about her fansย 

like when some of us disparaged her for postponing the album (when Iโ€™m sad you just wanna play)ย 

ย 

or the ones who want her early type stuff (you love the paparazzi love the fame )ย 

but thatโ€™s just my own readingย 

UwU senpai

HEARTSTOP
3 minutes ago, Mill said:

Yes I know but seriously? Sheโ€™s a multi millionaire. She wouldnโ€™t be where she is without those songs and that fan is implying she is trying to move away from the songs that made her famous. She knew what she was getting into from day 1. She wanted fame, it didnโ€™t accidentally happen.ย 

You never know before you experience it. You say it's great to be a millionaire because you haven't lived it. Sure it's nice to not worry about money, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will be happy.

Imagine you having to repeat your best work in school for the rest of your life in order to be successful in life. It must be pretty boring and annoying after a while.

IDGAF

Noir

I was thinking about this and I think it could be true too, or at least the expectations placed upon by the label/her old team in 2010-2013.

Hybrid AT
1 minute ago, mauvais said:

It's probably about herself and her relationship but I interpreted that part of the Rolling Stone article as the writer editorializing based off her own listening experience. Neither Norris or Bloodpop are quoted onย the meaning of the song, just the way they produced the instrumental.ย 

Oh yeah, that makes sense. My bad.

But the song definitely takes different meanings based on what angle you approach it.

"I was protected by the monks of Azarath, I was raised by my friends. They are my family, this is my home and you are not welcome here."

Archived