💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why I love plastic doll so much...

PlasticDollGirl

Featured Posts

PlasticDollGirl

The reason plastic doll is so under rated is because I feel a like girls will relate to it more than guys.I relate to plastic doll so much because I’m a trans woman. I’ve had a boob job etc. I  feel like men take advantage of me and treat me like a plastic doll. “I’ve spent too long dancing on my own, I’m no toy for a real boy” “Don’t play with me it just hurts me. I’m not your plastic doll” “Am-I-your type, Am I your type?”  These lyrics really hit me as a lot of men don’t take me seriously when they find out I’m trans. They use me and see me as a fetish. Obviously gaga is about fame etc. I think some girls/guys will relate to it. if there’s any guys who love the song, please share. :huntyga: It’s so under rated on here! Do you relate to plastic doll or do you just like the song? If not go get taste :reductive:

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Pop Music

I'm a cis gay male and it's my fav on Chromatica 

but I love that it hits home for you too in a different way 

I love the Doll Barbie theming of the song and smashing pop smash structure, with that amazing twist that makes it gaga and a million times better than other singers who attempt this theme in song!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

buzzkill

In some parts does it reach the theme about 3rd wave feminism? 

IAmNotHere1997

Oh wow, what a sensitive story. Thanks for sharing! :firega:

I love Plastic Doll, and I'm a cis gay male. I relate to its message because I had a boyfriend who would constantly try to change me, my personality, my physical appearence, everything, just to fit more in his ideal type. As if I was a doll. And all that stuff really hurt me, "Don't play with me/ It just hurts me". 

OMonster

Thanks for sharing your story - it's great to hear a personal interpretation of the song :) 

I love it, too, but for different reasons. 

I hear the song as a plea from Gaga to her fans and the media to stop using her; to stop telling her who to be, how to act,  how to dress, what music to make. 

The bridge... 

Tell me, who dressed you? Where'd you get that hat?
Why is she cryin'? What's the price tag?
Who's that girl, Malibu Gaga?
Looks so sad, what is this saga? (Oh)

... is so blatantly about how 'certain' fans won't accept 'Gaga' as anything other than the 'Gaga' she debut as.

I love that she's had the tenacity to call those fans out. 

subtext / fantasy

SMILE2NE1

I love Plastic Doll. I see it as a little bit of a satire of her "The Fame" Gaga that the gays always demand. The stuttering and "tech-no-lo-gy" part with the robot voice has intentionally exaggerated touch to it that makes me feel like it's on the cusp for satire.

It's also interesting during the bridge:
Looks so sad, what is this saga?

I feel like she is speaking in the voice of the indifferent YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Gaga fans who just constantly gossip about her fashion and want her to do robotic dance pop all the time and forget that she gets sad sometimes and she's human. She says, bitch, I'm not your plastic doll. 

SMILE2NE1
1 minute ago, OMonster said:

Thanks for sharing your story - it's great to hear a personal interpretation of the song :) 

I love it, too, but for different reasons. 

I hear the song as a plea from Gaga to her fans and the media to stop using her; to stop telling her who to be, how to act,  how to dress, what music to make. 

The bridge... 

Looks so sad, what is this saga? (Oh)

... is so blatantly about how 'certain' fans won't accept 'Gaga' as anything other than the 'Gaga' she debut as.

I love that she's had the tenacity to call those fans out. 

we posted the same thing at the same time :bradley: couldn't agree with you more!

RenegAde

Tell me who dressed you , where'd you get that hat?

Why she crying  ,wheres the price tag?

Who's that girl malibu gAgA:staymad:

HausOfMiklaus

Because Gaga employs so many vocal personas in that song, and the hooks are KILLER. :firega:

Genuine Guy 09

I am a gay male and it is my favourite song on the album it's strong chorus and it reminds me of feeling frustrated about not being good enough to date people :vegas:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

OMonster
Just now, SMILE2NE1 said:

we posted the same thing at the same time :bradley: couldn't agree with you more!

Oh wow, that's so uncanny! 

I just read your post and, yeah, we're totally on the same page here. 

I think it's specifically about Joanne, too. 

"Tell me, who dressed you? Where'd you get that hat?" - in reference, kinda obviously, to the pink cowgirl hat.

"Why is she cryin'? What's the price tag?" - is Gaga reflecting how some fans didn't like the sombre tone of Joanne and instead were focused on the superficial elements of the era like a decreased focus on high fashion (what's the price tag?)

"Who's that girl, Malibu Gaga?" - reflects how certain fans believe that Gaga is only 'Gaga' if she's in NYC, and that Malibu 'destroyed' her creativity. I've seen this said a lot over the past few years, tbh. 

And "Looks so sad, what is this saga?" is again commenting on how fans simply saw 'Joanne' as a 'sad saga' that they didn't enjoy. 

It's really interesting, to me, how Gaga has been so bold in calling out stan culture in this album. From Plastic Doll to Fun Tonight, and Replay to 1000 doves... there's a clear theme of distain towards 'obsessive' fans. 

Anyway! I've kind of derailed the thread :udidnt: Sorry @Mill!

subtext / fantasy

March34th

i can definitely see it becoming a female empowerment sort of song which makes me really happy :heart:

I sort of relate to the lyrics as a gay man who started my dating life being the bottom/submissive leg in earlier relationships (before i realized my body and heart didn't want that :reductive:), because often times guys will objectify you, and it's a big issue in the gay community, and i have felt like a sex doll for lack of a better term sometimes, so Plastic Doll resonated with me especially the "don't play with me, it just hurts me" lyric.

Guys want your body and treat you like an object, and it really messes with your brain, but being able to reclaim yourself and your body and sexuality is a very powerful thing :kara:

PlasticDollGirl
17 minutes ago, March34th said:

i can definitely see it becoming a female empowerment sort of song which makes me really happy :heart:

I sort of relate to the lyrics as a gay man who started my dating life being the bottom/submissive leg in earlier relationships (before i realized my body and heart didn't want that :reductive:), because often times guys will objectify you, and it's a big issue in the gay community, and i have felt like a sex doll for lack of a better term sometimes, so Plastic Doll resonated with me especially the "don't play with me, it just hurts me" lyric.

Guys want your body and treat you like an object, and it really messes with your brain, but being able to reclaim yourself and your body and sexuality is a very powerful thing :kara:

Love this! A lot of my gay friends feel this way too.  I think a lot of us can relate to  feeling like an object with this song that’s why I love it, 

The queen of Gagadaily. Keepin it real

Salvador Sequea

I don't really get the hate towards this song. This was the first one I heard and I instantly fell in love with her. I have nothing to complain about the track. Love the structure, love the hooks, the chorus is awesome, the bridge is interesting and 'electronic voice' part reminds me of FameGa and Candy Warhol so it really is a call back from her past persona.

Considering not many tracks on this album have such structure, I think that Plastic Doll is the most complete pop song on Chromatica.

Archived