💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

“Sine From Above” Outro

Massive Monster

Featured Posts

Massive Monster

Ok so I didn't see anyone mention this so here we go...

The Sine From Above outro drum pattern is the "Amen break". Originated from 1969 track "Amen, Brother" by the soul group the Winstons. It has been used in countless songs/musics and most notably in drum and bass.

The choice to use it for me is a representation of music being godlike/ a religion. And healing. Sine From Above is this constant metaphor. 

"Amen" is said at the end of a prayer. Meaning "So be it". Sine From Above constantly draws prayer parallels.

It's also a perfect audio representation of thunder/lightning and thus God/music. 

:firega:

Kind regards

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KORG
5 minutes ago, Massive Monster said:

Ok so I didn't see anyone mention this so here we go...

The Sine From Above outro drum pattern is the "Amen break". Originated from 1969 track "Amen, Brother" by the soul group the Winstons. It has been used in countless songs/musics and most notably in drum and bass.

The choice to use it for me is a representation of music being godlike/ a religion. And healing. Sine From Above is this constant metaphor. 

"Amen" is said at the end of a prayer. Meaning "So be it". Sine From Above constantly draws prayer parallels.

It's also a perfect audio representation of thunder/lightning and thus God/music. 

:firega:

YES as soon as I heard it, my head said "that must be her touching the Sine in the video and it's a representation of the sound of a creator" love a fiction creating queen

Original Diva

I'm obsessed with the outro.

I don't care if y'all don't like it. I think it works so well and it's a perfect touch 

excuse me no

Head Empty

Literally everyone's reaction at first listen

confused britney spears GIF

And then the ones who have taste:

drugs dancing GIF

Helxig

Love that so much! So clever.

And it's funny because that's actually the vibe I got from it! The song is about music being her god and waiting for a sine from above in the form of sound. And the chaotic finale with the modified plucking strings felt like the divine delivery of what she's crying out for during the song. Otherworldly, futuristic, a sine sent from another realm :giveup:  it's annoying to hear people minimise it to 'random' and 'pointless'

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

derpmonster

Very interesting. I wonder if she also used the Amen (plagal) cadence in the song i.e. something that ends at a IV chord :)

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Lord Temptation

Gaga, touch my soul with your heavenly light and sound omg :tony::pray::kiss:

Suigetsu

she wanted to do sth artsy, but it really sucks if you know something about producing and mixing songs

many people don't

Untitled-2.thumb.gif.fda8a813e9613d3463f

Bowman

I really respect Gaga for bringing that kind of music into the album but I wish that outro was the whole song!

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

GerMonsterNotta

Love it. It was both a surprise and a wake-up call in the album at that stage.

PartySick

UGH her mind :tony:

I missed being able to pry her music apart like this :sara:

🖤

ProfessionalClown

I felt super emotional at the end of the song..everything led up to that outro.

21 minutes ago, Suigetsu said:

she wanted to do sth artsy, but it really sucks if you know something about producing and mixing songs

many people don't

Untitled-2.thumb.gif.fda8a813e9613d3463f

And who are you :triggered:

Helxig
45 minutes ago, KORG said:

YES as soon as I heard it, my head said "that must be her touching the Sine in the video and it's a representation of the sound of a creator" love a fiction creating queen

4 minutes ago, ProfessionalClown said:

I felt super emotional at the end if the song..everything led up to that outro.

I'm glad other people saw what I saw in the song :giveup:   it touches me emotionally in a unique way

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Archived