Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ariana Grande is at a protest

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Chromatography
5 minutes ago, President Biden said:

Not to mention, it is simply ILLEGAL. You are encouraging CRIME. We are better than that.

riddle me this, is your username/picture ironic? if not you’re supporting a man who gropes women. that is illegal. you are encouraging crime by endorsing that man.

it is illegal for black people to be murdered by cops. so why is that okay but destroying property (not lives) is not?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick

Please stay safe :bradley:

And if things get out of hand, I hope only donuts come to harm :bradley:

1 hour ago, andy said:

Is she gonna help burn stuff down?! 

I'm imagining Ari with a molotov now and :toofunny:

🖤

PartySick
25 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

They need to riot, that's why things change.

LA in 1992 and Ferguson in 2014 beg to differ :green:

This doesn't change a thing. It only gives the opponents of the protests the ammunition they need to say "See? They're not concerned people working towards a better and more fair society! They're goddamn animals!"

Besides, the real protests are peaceful. The riots are not driven by a need for justice, just a desire for chaos.

🖤

derpmonster
7 minutes ago, PartySick said:

LA in 1992 and Ferguson in 2014 beg to differ :green:

This doesn't change a thing. It only gives the opponents of the protests the ammunition they need to say "See? They're not concerned people working towards a better and more fair society! They're goddamn animals!"

Besides, the real protests are peaceful. The riots are not driven by a need for justice, just a desire for chaos.

The fact that the officer got charged only after the riots begs to differ :wtf: Stonewall Inn riots which sparked gay liberation begs to differ. :wtf:

Haters are gonna hate. Most protests have been peaceful. In Minnesota, an undercover cop started a fire. They want people to look bad. In LA just today, protests were peaceful until police started attacking and cursing. I've seen the videos. 

Also, when most rioters are black. Please don't dare to tell them what desire riots vs protesters are driven out of when black people are killed left and right and are right to be mad about it. :rip:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

PartySick
Just now, derpmonster said:

The fact that the officer got charged only after the riots begs to differ :wtf: Stonewall Inn riots which sparked gay liberation begs to differ. :wtf:

Hmm fair point. I guess I mean the overall issue. Burning LA 30 years ago didn't fix the issue, it just led to one guy being charged with the crime he committed.

We can't wreck cities every time this happens :sweat: we need to stop it from happening. Demand proper training and evaluations of cops, educate possible bystanders, make sure white people know the roll they play in this and that staying silent about it is unacceptable, all that.

2 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Haters are gonna hate. Most protests have been peaceful. In Minnesota, an undercover cop started a fire. They want people to look bad. In LA just today, protests were peaceful until police started attacking and cursing. I've seen the videos. 

I don't disagree. There are protesters standing in front of businesses preventing looters from pulling any crap. Those are the people I wish the media would focus on. Maybe something would change then.

🖤

derpmonster
Just now, PartySick said:

Hmm fair point. I guess I mean the overall issue. Burning LA 30 years ago didn't fix the issue, it just led to one guy being charged with the crime he committed.

We can't wreck cities every time this happens :sweat: we need to stop it from happening. Demand proper training and evaluations of cops, educate possible bystanders, make sure white people know the roll they play in this and that staying silent about it is unacceptable, all that.

I don't disagree. There are protesters standing in front of businesses preventing looters from pulling any crap. Those are the people I wish the media would focus on. Maybe something would change then.

I think the time to strategize about what to do is not in the immediate wake of these events. We should let the hurt communities figure out how they channel their energy.

And yes I agree with the media problem. They need to amplify the people with the right message. They keep fixating on what some people do. But that's not sensational. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Morphine Prince
14 minutes ago, PartySick said:

In part this is true but violence is sometimes what brings more attention to issues. Just look at history. 

This has been a long time coming. Something tells me this is different. It hasn't been THIS bad across the entire country for a very long time. 

Serial Chiller
2 hours ago, andy said:

Is she gonna help burn stuff down?! 

Yes down with the rotten police state and its institution.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF

Suuus
1 hour ago, derpmonster said:

Gaga at Enigma at the Apollo talked about the Stonewall riot and encouraged people to "throw the first stone." Those were stones people at Stonewall Inn threw at cops which is why there are any gay rights today.

Her views have changed over years.

Gaga still doesnt support violent protesting 

PartySick
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

In part this is true but violence is sometimes what brings more attention to issues. Just look at history. 

This has been a long time coming. Something tells me this is different. It hasn't been THIS bad across the entire country for a very long time. 

Idk, I think it'll just further the divide between the black lives matter allies and the all/blue lives matter people. And in that divide, a lot of people are going to get hurt.

I guess we'll see though. Maybe we'll get to live in a country where these things don't happen someday :toofunny:

🖤

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

Idk, I think it'll just further the divide between the black lives matter allies and the all/blue lives matter people. And in that divide, a lot of people are going to get hurt.

I guess we'll see though. Maybe we'll get to live in a country where these things don't happen someday :toofunny:

They didn't like when people protested peacefully so now violence is taking over. Although, many of these people aren't really protesting and are just using this as an opportunity to loot, etc.

But American will now LISTEN. 

Suuus
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

TBH I think y'all are putting Gaga up on too high of a pedestal & placing way too much value on social media/celebrity. Just because someone doesn't post on social media doesn't mean they don't care, and she has posted a few things. Also, she was way more active in 2016...she's not very active now on social media...and she's not even that much of an activist nowadays like she used to be back in the day.

The truth is, no one but stans really care what a rich white celeb has to say about George Floyd and all she can do is donate money behind the scenes/say something on social media.  I'm glad she tweeted a few things because even if she helps only...20 stans be more aware/call the D.A. that's a good thing. But I don't expect much—what I expect is sh*t from my local politicians.

*Also, a lot of celebs have said zip or even less than Gaga so...it's not like she is the exception here.

Together at home event says hi and did you suddenly forget about gaga raising money for corona 

LaLuna

The country clearly needs a revolution. No great change has ever occurred without chaos.

I feel the Black Lives Matter movement was not taken seriously enough when it first emerged, it was counterbalanced by All Lives/Blue Lives Matters people. But people are actually paying attention now. I don't know why but I feel really good things coming out of this. Maybe I'm being delulu, but that's how I feel.

Suuus
51 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

With her health conditions it would be smarter not to go.

Exspecially with corona still being out there

Morphine Prince
Just now, LaLuna said:

The country clearly needs a revolution. No great change has ever occurred without chaos.

I feel the Black Lives Matter movement was not taken seriously enough when it first emerged, it was counterbalanced by All Lives/Blue Lives Matters people. But people are actually paying attention. I don't know why but I really good things coming out of this. Maybe I'm being delulu, but that's how I feel.

Same. I'm not condoning all the violence but history shows us that violence IS the answer many times in terms of catalyzing change. 

Peace does a lot more but the catalyst is usually violence. 

Archived