Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Best Album lyrically: Where does Chromatica rank?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

PeachJug
1 hour ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

1) Chromatica (just because it contains the two Gaga's songs that truly touch me deep inside even more than "Born This Way" did : "Fun Tonight" and "911").

SAME 

AdmistTheLight
1 hour ago, bowie1986 said:

I feel like Chromatica is lyrically her worst album, maybe better than The Fame— but I think that’s the point. She’s leaning into getting people to dance, so there’s a lot of cliché and camp and nonsense. It’s more fun than cogent or articulating an emotion / story.

Do you actually read the lyrics? :smh:

Liberaté mi amor

2School4Cool
6 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I honestly think Chromatica has the best lyrics.

This is biological stasis
My mood's shifting to manic places
Wish I laughed and kept the good friendships
Watch life, here I go again

Could you pull me out of this alive?
Where's my body? I'm stuck in my mind

I feel like I'm in a prison hell
Stick my hands through the steel bars and yell
What happens now? I'm not okay
And if I scream, you walk away

Am I still alive? Where am I? I cry
Who was it that pulled the trigger, was it you or I?
I'm completely numb, why you acting dumb?
I won't blame myself 'cause we both know you were the one

Then the signal split in two
The sound created stars like me and you
Before there was love, there was silence
I heard one sine

I'd do anything for you to really see me
I am human, invisibly bleeding
When your smile is shaking, I'll catch you as you fall

Like, come one....this is some of the best stuff she's ever written....

This is why I find myself referring to the verses of these songs as stanzas, not just verses. You could read this entire album as poetry.

See The Best In Everyone

Head Empty

For me it would be:

1) Chromatica > Catchy songwriting without ever sacrificing lyrical depth. Nothing feels out of place.
2) Born This Way > Her most purposeful songwriting and her most powerful metaphors
3) ARTPOP > Thoroughly misunderstood but extremely clever songwriting
4) The Fame > Underrated lyrically, but the songwriting doesn't cut as deep as some of her other work
5) The Fame Monster > Quality isn't consistent throughout, but still great overall
6) Joanne > negative opinion incoming:

Spoiler

The lyrics didn't feel like her, the metaphors were overdone and the songwriting was sloppy for a lot of tracks. 

Cello

1. Joanne / The Fame

2. Chromatica 

3. Born This Way

4. The Fame Monster 

5. ARTPOP 

TFM is my favourite album and it has moments of really top tier writing but overall I think other albums have better lyrics. To me, Joanne is beautifully written, it's simple but gorgeous. The Fame stands out with its sheer volume of clever hooks and playful lyrics. Chromatica would be top of the list for me if there weren't a few lyrics which feel a little too cliché or 'on the nose'.

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Little onionBoy
5 hours ago, Terrence said:

It makes me happy there is a consensus with Chromatica being #1! It 100% is! The lyrics flow so well in each song and it is delightful to sing along them.

the only bad lyric practice is...

Hide contents

rhyming Gaga with saga.

I did not like that, at all :oops: plastic doll has got to be one of my favorite gagas songs at the moment tho.

TheSlash

Chromatica > Joanne > ARTPOP > Born This Way > The Fame Monster > The Fame

She just evolved through all these years and got better lyric-wise on each album :diane: 

Ew, David!

gumzy3000

This is impossible to say, all her albums have such wildly different lyrics. ARTPOP was all over the place but that made sense for it, Joanne was personal and heartfelt and that made sense for it... the point is, all of them are too different to pick a favourite from, its like comparing apples to oranges since they all want to achieve a different goal.

Chromatica probably has her most personal lyrics but I don't know if I can say they are my favourite because I really do enjoy all the lyrics in her discography. 

trolly troll troll

Daylight Jokers

Born This Way > Chromatica > TFM > Joanne > ARTPOP > The Fame

Highlights:

Born This Way: Marry The Night, The Edge of Glory, Bloody Mary, The Queen, Electric Chapel, Born This Way, Judas, Scheiße, Americano 

Chromatica: SFA, Replay, 911, Enigma, Rain On Me, 1000 Doves, Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Alice

The Fame Monster: Bad Romance, Dance In The Dark, Monster, So Happy I Could Die, Speechless, Alejandro

Joanne: Angel Down, Come To Mama, Just Another Day, Sinner's Prayer, Diamond Heart

ARTPOP: Dope, Gypsy, Applause, ARTPOP, Sexxx Dreams, Do What U Want (solo)

The Fame: Poker Face, Paparazzi, Brown Eyes, I Like It Rough, The Fame

Remember when people said Chromatica's gonna have very uninspired lyrics? :ally:

magicalgaga

It's definitely her best lyrical work. She's never been this raw and open about her struggles. I think the only album that compares to Chromatica lyrically is Born This Way. Both of these albums have amazing themes that are well-written. Chromatica just takes the cake at least for me. I never thought this would happen that I actually think something Gaga makes could top BTW in some way :bradley:

i was born this way, baby

Archived