Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I just can't get into Replay!

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

I have tried to listen to it so many times and it's the one song on the entire album that just does nothing for me (every other song I LOVED or Heavily Liked on first listen and grew to be Loved)  

Originally I had the same problem with Enigma but today the song has finally clicked for me and I realize how amazing it is

and I'm hoping it will happen like that for Replay but for some reason the instrumental of the Chorus sounds like the Monster Mash to me and I can't get over it and it just doesn't excite me 

I'm definitely not one to criticize or be negative toward gaga because I adore her so much unconditionally that I feel like It's hard to be critical sometimes but I want to like this song so bad and it's just sad to me that I can't 

what do you guys think of the song? 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
derpmonster

It's amazing. It hits me especially because of the lyrics about trauma and the weird chord progressions. It's dark and sinister.

But everyone has different tastes. :)

Spoiler

or the lack thereof :neyde:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Chromatography

it's the best song on chromatica

i felt that abuse so it was nice to hear it spun into a song that i could dance to

xoxo Craig

Its one of my least favourites for sure... but it is growing on me. It gets better when that ending approaches. The bridge and the final chorus, along with her vocals and the production is insane. But I didn't connect with it on my first listen at all. 

To me, it sounds like a carnival gone wrong... its strange. But I think with time, it will just click. I've been listening to the album on repeat (start to finish) and the ones I didn't enjoy at first just warm to me. Don't force yourself. If you don't like it, hey, you don't like it. But I'd advise listening to the full album and not just a specific song

End Racism Now

elijahfan

I've had the same feelings. It's slowly growing on me, but it's still definitely my least favorite from the album.

Cailleach

How can’t you get into the best song on the album !! :huntyga:

That's not very born this way of you

Pop Music
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

But I'd advise listening to the full album and not just a specific song

I have listened to the full album with not skipping a single track about 25 times now as well as replay a couple times solo so I am giving it within the context of the album

love you tho :hug: 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Dramatica

Replay is an okay song for me, honestly I don't skip any song, but it's not like on my top 5

I didn't ask for a free ride, I only asked you to show me a real good time.

Tommy Monster

My thoughts exactly, totally agree with you, there is something off about that song...

It's gonna be the DITD and MTN of this album for me, everybody seems to love it for some reason, but I see nothing special about the song :shrug:

Venus Rose

Did you listen twice? Just kidding.

Replay is the best song on the album, in my opinion. This is THE song that defines dancing through your pain, with lyrics describing trauma under a (for lack of better terminology) dance beat. It's the track that I connect with the most, and that beat drop is to die for. If you don't like a song, you don't like it, and that's totally okay! I'm still praying that you see the light soon, though. It instantly became top ten in her discography for me. :pray:

KORG

Just repeat the bridge over and over because when you think she's going to belt... she growls and goes into the chorus in the same instant and it slaps.

Replay was the only one I wasn't into either, then I heard it while I was driving :firega:

Gagaism

First time I heard that I wanted to skip immediately but after some listenings it grew on me, it’s such a weird Gaga style of song. And it’s interesting that on most of reviews/reactions that I’ve been seeing people really like the song.

artd0me
3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

To me, it sounds like a carnival gone wrong... its strange.

That’s exactly why I love it so much.

It sounds like a mix of AHS freakshow, a series of unfortunate events, chilling adventures of Sabrina, funhouses, nightmares and my latest bad trip 🤷🏼‍♂️

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, artd0me said:

That’s exactly why I love it so much.

It sounds like a mix of AHS freakshow, a series of unfortunate events, chilling adventures of Sabrina, funhouses, nightmares and my latest bad trip 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah... its probably why its my least favourite. Horror and "Halloween" esque stuff is not my cup of tea. I really hate horror and that that feeling of uneasiness 

End Racism Now

Archived