💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Plastic Doll could’ve been the lead, here’s why.

DC

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8
On 5/30/2020 at 2:47 PM, Mill said:

Plastic doll is the best song on the album 

Correct!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/30/2020 at 11:53 AM, SHALLOW said:

Maybe for Carly Rae Jepsen :triggered:

Do you even listen to radio? I don't think so, cause otherwise you would've known this has no potential to be a single whatsoever

Honestly nothing but SL and ROM fit radio but... 

well maybe we just wont tell her mean girls GIF

tezbear91

It’s a great track but I can’t see it as a single. Some songs are ment to just stay as album tracks. 

Sour Candy, Free Woman and Babylon are single worthy though. 

battle for your life.

5 hours ago, LibraLove said:

Hit, I mean, who knows. It's all dependent on the marketing. If they release videos in the vein of what Skrillex posted or the one posted above, I think it could carry some success. As you said, it's a grower. That might help it sustain success too.

Yes definitely a grower. You think a video of a robot would sell that song? :billie: Cmon........x

Lion Heart

No just no.. I like the song, but it is not lead single worthy. 

Stupid Love worked fine as the lead single: it's a GP friendly introduction to the world of Chromatica. It went top 5 and reintroduced people back to pop-Gaga. I said in a different post that delaying the second single was the best thing Gaga did and it paid off. She got her 5th number one- and on the first of Pride month. I would like for Plastic Doll to get a MV treatment though. 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

LibraLove
7 hours ago, Rio said:

Yes definitely a grower. You think a video of a robot would sell that song? :billie: Cmon........x

It’s good aesthetic. Very in line with the album aesthetic. I think the song would sell itself with maybe the bridge clipped for radio. 

Jakkusan

Can someone for the love of God please explain to me how Stupid Love is bad / was a bad choice for a lead single?? I don't understand all the hate it gets on here - i feel like it's mainly because of the leak and the delay.

Where is LG7
20 hours ago, LibraLove said:

I saw this on twitter and about fell out! It fits sooooooo well! When I reposted it on my social media, everyone was freaking out and asking what it was. It's so well done!

omg thank uuu!

CantGetEnough

Plastic Doll is so cheesy, but I love it. Really reminds me of a THE FAME cut. For that reason I don't think it should have been lead. Stupid Love worked just fine--not the best of the album, but a return to pop without being too similar to her prior work. 

If that happened, it would have become her worst performing single and least favourite lead. SL was one of my favourite leads of hers. And while it probably wasn't the best choice, it did well enough and I was content with it. 

Stephen

Stupid Love was the perfect lead. If it didn’t leak a whole month before it would have gone #1.

Also if the video had ROM level production value people would praise the song more too. It’s sad but the visual really does affect people’s opinion of the music.

Stupid Love being leaked so long ahead of time and the video being good but not SLAYING the kids, it just left the public feeling “meh”. 

If Corona didn’t hit, she probably would have performed Stupid Love several times too which would have positively impacted the public’s perception of the song. She would have slayed.

Anyways stream Chromatica :vegas:

Archived